Tokyo (HND) or Narita (NRT) Airport?

txmrs

My husband and I will be on the Volendam disembarking in Yokohama in March, 2017. Which airport is closest to the cruise terminal and what would be the best means of transportation from the port to the airport?

My husband and I will be on the Volendam disembarking in Yokohama in March, 2017. Which airport is closest to the cruise terminal and what would be the best means of transportation from the port to the airport?

The airport would probably depend more on where your airline lands.

Not all airlines land at both.

You should also be aware that there are also 2 cruise terminals at Tokyo.

Volendam has been at both of them in past years.

First you need to know if your cruise will call at Osanbashi Pier in Yokohama or Harumi Terminal in Tokyo Bay.

Both are located closer to Haneda Airport, but from Harumi, it can be easier to get to Narita.

Both airports are international, but Haneda has mostly Domestic and Asia flights during the day. Most trans-pacific flights from Haneda depart in the middle of the night, when trains are not running and taxis get quite expensive. Delta is the only American carrier with options on flights to America. The other big American carriers fly out of Narita.

I guess I should have posted in my original message that I had already researched and found that the Volendam will be docking at the Osanbashi port for disembarcation. We can fly from either Tokyo or Narita to our home airport, Houston. United flies from either airport, with similar afternoon departures. I just wondered which airport we could more conveniently access from the port.

Answering your query just became easier.

Haneda is far closer and easier.

Catch a taxi at the front door of Osanbashi Terminal.

Ask for any of the large hotels in downtown Yokohama, or for Yokohama Station.

All of these locations are a short drive ( 10 minutes / $10 ).

All will be stops for the Haneda Airport Limousine Bus.

You can google the exact schedule information, but worst case is one bus every hour.

Yokohama to Haneda takes about 1 hour - perhaps a bit less.

There will also be buses to Narita Airport; ensure you take the correct one.

• 1 month later...

Aloha from Hawaii,

What is the easiest way to get from Haneda (HND) International Terminal to Yokohama?

We've traveled to Japan from HI a few times but haven't done a cruise from Yokohama before. We're going in April 2017 and are arriving at HND on Thursday, 4/20, at 6:55pm. We're familiar with the trains but understood that we could catch a limousine bus directly to our hotel. We would prefer this to avoid having to deal with the luggage on the trains & transfer points (some people don't understand traveling light).

Our ship doesn't depart Yokohama until 4/22, so we'll be spending a day & a half poking around Yokohama on our own before departure.

We'll be grateful for any help on painlessly getting to Yokohama.

Aloha, rak :D :confused:

Aloha from Hawaii,

What is the easiest way to get from Haneda (HND) International Terminal to Yokohama?

We've traveled to Japan from HI a few times but haven't done a cruise from Yokohama before. We're going in April 2017 and are arriving at HND on Thursday, 4/20, at 6:55pm. We're familiar with the trains but understood that we could catch a limousine bus directly to our hotel. We would prefer this to avoid having to deal with the luggage on the trains & transfer points (some people don't understand traveling light).

Our ship doesn't depart Yokohama until 4/22, so we'll be spending a day & a half poking around Yokohama on our own before departure.

We'll be grateful for any help on painlessly getting to Yokohama.

Aloha, rak :D :confused:

Haneda Airport is quite close to Yokohama.

Limousine bus will take you directly and inexpensively to the major hotels in Yokohama.

If you are not traveling too heavy, you could take the monorail to Hamamatsucho station and catch the train to Yokohama.

Monorail takes about 15 minutes. Costs a few dollars.

Train to Yokohama takes about 30 minutes. Costs a few dollars.

You can take a taxi from Haneda to your Yokohama hotel. Takes about 30 minutes and costs about US$ 100.

For details on any of these options, remember that Google is your friend - and it's free.

Haneda Airport is quite close to Yokohama.

Limousine bus will take you directly and inexpensively to the major hotels in Yokohama.

For details on any of these options, remember that Google is your friend - and it's free.

Aloha BruceMuzz,

Thanks for the quick response.

I've been using Google and TripAdvisor & everything else I could think of for the last week, but I haven't found a Limousine bus from HND that will take me directly to the Hotel New-Grand in Yokohama. The closest I've found will drop me off at Yama****a Park across the street from the Hotel New-Grand Yokohama.

Right now, we're figuring on catching the train to Yokohama station and taxi to Hotel New-Grand Yokohama, but it still leaves us with having to take luggage from train in Yokohama station (appears to be a big station) to taxi stand outside station.

I will really appreciate it if you could give me a link to the limousine bus that will take us directly from HND to the Hotel New-Grand Yokohama.

Aloha, rak :confused: :) :confused: