Kids drinks package

There are 2. The soda only package which costs $8.50 a day (plus an additional 18% tax/gratuity), and a larger selection package called the refreshment package that includes soda, a wider range of juice choices than the ones that are offered for free, non-alcoholic versions of pretty much any frozen drink (mudslides, pina coladas etc) and specialty coffees (like lattes and mochas and cappuccinos) and bottled water. That package price is $26 per day (plus the 18%); it was recently on sale for $18, don't know if we'll ever see that again, but it was the best deal on that package I've ever seen since I've paid attention to drink packages in 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Thanks. Do you know how much it is for an 8 day cruise

The charge is per day, so the soda package you're asking about is not $8.50 total, but 8.50 per day. There is also an 18% gratuity (just think of it as a tax) charged on it. So the total for 8 days would be $80.24

Thank you. The kids are definitely getting the cheaper version. Shame its the same price as adults. Do they ever do offers on the $8.50 version?

I don't think so. It used to be $6.50 a day, but recently went up to $8.50 (within the last couple months). It might have even been $4.50 for kids but now I can't recall for sure; I've never bought it. I've never seen that package on sale, but if it did go on sale it would be for like 20%, which is only $1.70 off.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Thank you. The kids are definitely getting the cheaper version. Shame its the same price as adults. Do they ever do offers on the $8.50 version?

I knew one day they would raise the price to adult pricing.Thats because adults can use their childrens cups too...It was around 50percent cheaper... Most of the sea days our kids are off in pool etc so why not use your kids cups to fill up at 50 percent less cost??

But now it doesnt matter,we will still only buy 2 soda packages,just no need for everyone in a family to have one... Of course if your made of money then forget everything I said!!

I knew one day they would raise the price to adult pricing.Thats because adults can use their childrens cups too...It was around 50percent cheaper... Most of the sea days our kids are off in pool etc so why not use your kids cups to fill up at 50 percent less cost??

But now it doesnt matter,we will still only buy 2 soda packages,just no need for everyone in a family to have one... Of course if your made of money then forget everything I said!!

It probably has more to do with the fact that kids play with the soda machines and likely drink more soda than adults, so they may as well charge the same price.

I don't know about the sharing thing; I doubt many people are intentionally sharing soda packages to save money. A soda isn't expensive and neither is the soda package, but I suppose like you said, there are probably parents out there watching the soda cups and drinking the leftover soda sitting there, but intentionally sneaking soda? Doubt it, not enough people would do that to cause a price increase, but maybe I'm being naive.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Or maybe if you're just honest? See, that's why prices get raised - cheap people sharing packages that were meant to be used by one person. It affects everyone in the long run with higher prices.

Not trying to offer parenting advice, but do your kids really need a soda package (may depend on their age - I could see teenagers drinking soda all day). However, a lot of people don't realize that tap water, iced tea, hot tea, non-specialty coffee, basic juice, milk, chocolate milk, hot chocolate, flavored waters, cordial-type lemonade are all available at no charge. A can of soda is around $3.50 to purchase.

Not trying to offer parenting advice, but do your kids really need a soda package (may depend on their age - I could see teenagers drinking soda all day). However, a lot of people don't realize that tap water, iced tea, hot tea, non-specialty coffee, basic juice, milk, chocolate milk, hot chocolate, flavored waters, cordial-type lemonade are all available at no charge. A can of soda is around $3.50 to purchase.

We don't get the drink package for this same reason. My daughter is fine with the free choices and we buy her an occasional non-alcoholic slushy drink during the cruise. She likes the lemonade and flavored water.

We went to an all-inclusive and she drank excessive amounts of virgin strawberry daiquiris and barf red everywhere one evening. I think it was sugar overload, as we don't really drink soda or sugary drinks at home.

I tried the free drinks for my teens on the Carnival Vista. They were not impressed. I may purchase one package and get them to share.

You do realize that this is not allowed? When you purchase the package, you are agreeing to the conditions that Royal Caribbean sets out. That includes the fact that one package is for one person. No sharing is permitted.

I tried the free drinks for my teens on the Carnival Vista. They were not impressed. I may purchase one package and get them to share.

Assume you realize this is not allowed. It is monitored and when caught the package is revoked and you are billed for drinks. Seapass cards have picture when scanned. I won't even get into allowing and teaching your kids to cheat.

I don't know if you're saying that innocently not knowing that's not allowed, or if you're aware that it isn't allowed but are going to do it anyway, but...it's not allowed. If you're not impressed with the package, why buy it again? If you don't get use out of it, just buy drinks a la carte or drink the stuff that's provide for free.