Cruise Docs & Luggage Tags

CruiserFLA

My wife and I are sailing on Celebrity Silhouette December 4. Right on schedule 49 days out, I received the regular e-mail notification from Celebrity 3 days ago (on Sunday) confirming that my cruise docs were now available. However, when I go into On-line check in and click the tab 'check for luggage tags, the normal icons for the cruise docs and ordering luggage tags do not come up.

Because I have Elite status with Captain's Club, I called in to C. Club yesterday to report the problem. The rep indicated she would submit a special request to have the docs re-sent to me and that this should correct itself overnight. 24 hours have passed and still no change.... no icons come up when I follow the proper procedure for accessing the docs.

After 28 cruises, mostly with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, this is the first time this has ever happened to us. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so, how was it resolved? Thanks in advance for your input.

My wife and I are sailing on Celebrity Silhouette December 4. Right on schedule 49 days out, I received the regular e-mail notification from Celebrity 3 days ago (on Sunday) confirming that my cruise docs were now available. However, when I go into On-line check in and click the tab 'check for luggage tags, the normal icons for the cruise docs and ordering luggage tags do not come up.

Because I have Elite status with Captain's Club, I called in to C. Club yesterday to report the problem. The rep indicated she would submit a special request to have the docs re-sent to me and that this should correct itself overnight. 24 hours have passed and still no change.... no icons come up when I follow the proper procedure for accessing the docs.

After 28 cruises, mostly with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, this is the first time this has ever happened to us. Has anyone had a similar experience and if so, how was it resolved? Thanks in advance for your input.

On my Reflection cruise a couple of weeks ago, I didn't get any notification that my e-docs were ready and I got no reply from Celebrity when I requested them. Luckily, I had booked through a TA. They rang Celebrity, who emailed them to the TA, who forwarded them to me.

You're not alone. I put it down to Celebrity's wonderful IT system. As you still have time, I'd give them a couple of days before trying again.

Typically your pass becomes available as soon as full payment is received. However, tags (especially if ordering them) are not available until 30-45 days prior to sailing. They have to work their way through the passenger list and it can take as mumany as 10 days.

The procedure had changed on my last cruise. This was fairly recent. Things are in different places on the online check in. Spend some time looking around and see if perhaps you're missing it somewhere.

Thank you all for your responses and suggestions. I decided a short time ago to contact Celebrity Cruises reservations directly with the problem rather than going back to Captain's Club as a follow-up to yesterday's call.

The reservation agent was not able to determine the source of the technical issue vis-à-vis the missing icons for my documentation. However, she did an excellent job in downloading the documents to a PDF file and then forwarded the documents to me in an e-mail which I just received a few moments ago. The agent also ordered the luggage tags for me. Excellent service and all accomplished in less than 10 minutes!

So... problem now solved. Now just 6 weeks until sailing time on Silhoette!

For our last cruise in May, edocs were never issued. I didn't really care because I rarely look at them anyway. However, you can't order luggage tags online until the edocs are issued. Fortunately, a call to Captain's Club took care of having luggage tags mailed. I kept checking back to see if the edocs were available but they never were.

I'm used to RCL where you have to print the luggage tags. Does Celebrity mail them instead?

X allows you to print them once the E-docs are available, but you have the option at that time to request that X mail a set to your home. We usually do that. It makes me feel like embarkation day is nearer!:) On our last cruise the option never showed up (in Feb), but I called my TA and Captains Club and ended up getting 2 sets in the mail. I think it makes it easier since we fly the day before embarkation, and don't have a stapler. Don't like doing it at the port because it's usually chaos and since we have priority boarding we'd rather not deal with it. Last cruise we did tags at the port we had a problem with one of our bags being delivered to the wrong room because porter's handwriting was confusing to those delivering. (That was a Royal Caribbean cruise)I took 4 trips to customer service desk to finally find our bag.

For our last cruise in May, edocs were never issued. I didn't really care because I rarely look at them anyway. However, you can't order luggage tags online until the edocs are issued. Fortunately, a call to Captain's Club took care of having luggage tags mailed. I kept checking back to see if the edocs were available but they never were.

I am concerned that someone searching Cruise Critic for information may come across thread like this and their circumstances may not be the same as the OP.

In many/most cases eDocs may not be necessary BUT if someone has booked flights/hotels/transfers through Celebrity, the eDocs include vouchers that are, on occasions, required. Anyone in the situation should ensure that they travel with the vouchers from their eDocs or they may have to pay again.

I am concerned that someone searching Cruise Critic for information may come across thread like this and their circumstances may not be the same as the OP.

In many/most cases eDocs may not be necessary BUT if someone has booked flights/hotels/transfers through Celebrity, the eDocs include vouchers that are, on occasions, required. Anyone in the situation should ensure that they travel with the vouchers from their eDocs or they may have to pay again.

I agree. I always print the Edocs and take them with. We usually book our air through choice air and record locator is there. Also if you booked transfers with cruise line you need vouchers that are with Edocs. We also print information from TA that state OBC and perks promised just in case there's a discrepancy. Thankfully our TA has always delivered! Still, can't be too prepared.