Funniest Complaints Heard While Cruising

runningtide

This is a fun thread. I read through all 15 pages.

My dad will do this whenever he can get away with it., He sits down in the restaurant (on the ship and on land), and when his food is delivered he will call over the waiter, and say, I can't eat that." The waiter will always get all excited and will ask what's wrong. My dad will respond, I just can't eat this." The waiter will ask how to make this better. What can they do? My dads answer is, "I don't have a fork." The look on the waiters's face is always priceless,

We do something that is similar. My husband and I for some reason often order the exact same thing. So when the waiter sits the plate down we often say something like "That is his, not mine." I know it isn't that funny, but it doesn't stop us.

We do something that is similar. My husband and I for some reason often order the exact same thing. So when the waiter sits the plate down we often say something like "That is his, not mine." I know it isn't that funny, but it doesn't stop us.

I do the same, but I ask "Are you sure this one's mine?" Gives them a little levity in their day! (I hope.....)

My husband and I almost always order the exact same thing and he always makes that exact comment. After 50+ years, it is starting to get old.

Doesn't that act get old quite fast for his table mates? That's like tell the same story or same joke at each meal. Heck, I wouldn't even do that.:o

No, it doesn't get old because you never know what the reaction will be. It's always entertaining. Besides, he can only do it when he doesn't have a fork (which is only occasionally), it's not like he hides the one he has.

No, it doesn't get old because you never know what the reaction will be. It's always entertaining. Besides, he can only do it when he doesn't have a fork (which is only occasionally), it's not like he hides the one he has.

That's an extremely old vaudeville joke. Usually about soup and (lack of) a spoon.

Coming to America credits

'Waiter, taste my soup'

This is a fun thread. I read through all 15 pages.

My dad will do this whenever he can get away with it., He sits down in the restaurant (on the ship and on land), and when his food is delivered he will call over the waiter, and say, I can't eat that." The waiter will always get all excited and will ask what's wrong. My dad will respond, I just can't eat this." The waiter will ask how to make this better. What can they do? My dads answer is, "I don't have a fork." The look on the waiters's face is always priceless,

OK, your dad does this schtick whenever he doesn't have a fork, not whenever he can get away with it. I was picturing him hiding his fork every time he sat down. :D

I was researching the port of Bora Bora for an upcoming bucket list cruise. One reviewer who recently returned rated it 1/10 saying "there was nothing there" ??I'm not sure if he was sight impaired or not...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My Sister said the same thing about Tahiti, no malls, no fast food...nothing but beaches. Seriously?

I was researching the port of Bora Bora for an upcoming bucket list cruise. One reviewer who recently returned rated it 1/10 saying "there was nothing there" ??I'm not sure if he was sight impaired or not...

I've heard and seen a few comments like that about the small island port stops in New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji as well. And other comments that the main cities of those countries (Noumea, Port Vila, Suva) also have nothing of interest to see.:confused: :rolleyes:

My Sister said the same thing about Tahiti, no malls, no fast food...nothing but beaches. Seriously?

In researching a bucket list Asia cruise I saw many reviews like that. Too many temples, not enough shopping. Or no malls close to the ship. Believe many of those cruisers were based closer and not looking for a sightseeing trip; simply a short getaway with cheap shopping.

Tahiti was one of my more exciting ports. Our tour van was stopped for speeding :eek: luckily we were only detained for a few minutes and the driver was let off with a warning.

Don

That's an extremely old vaudeville joke. Usually about soup and (lack of) a spoon.

Coming to America credits

'Waiter, taste my soup'

Also a really bad not funny stupid vaudeville joke. It wasn't funny the first time it was told 150 years ago and it has gotten less funny with age.

DON

Also a really bad not funny stupid vaudeville joke. It wasn't funny the first time it was told 150 years ago and it has gotten less funny with age.

DON

We'll agree to disagree. Please don't age yourself. [emoji8]Funny then, funny now.

My son used to be a waiter at Olive Garden, and it's not easy. The waiters just want to do their job. Giving them a hard time so you can get a chuckle is not amusing to them at all.

On our most recent cruise we were waiting to re-board the ship and overheard a conversation going on behind us. Someone asked the person next to them if they had enjoyed their day ashore. The woman went on and on about the amazing, authentic Mexican food they had and how it was the highlight of the cruise. This "authentic" lunch was at Margaritaville, a God-awful US chain restaurant.