Nickeled & Dimed

bigguy1

when you compare pricing you need to compare class of ships: Isn't Regal Princess an older ship than Breakaway?

We're on the Getaway, but probably it is newer. The Regal is one of Princesses newest ships however. It tends to be cheaper for certain itineraries because some people are not too happy with some of the changes to the Princess product on the two newer ships, Regal and Royal.

We're happy on almost any cruise and age of the ship is not a big factor for us. I will say though that I wanted to try both the Getaway and Regal because they are newer with some added or different characteristics.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

What new specialty dining options? They're the same except now they cost more. The Breakaway plus is hardly bigger than the Breakaway class under Shehan and would have happened regardless. There are actually LESS choices now then there were back then.

I agree- in general there seems to be more of an angle on sever things. While Sheenan seemed generally concerned about the experience, now it seems centered on how much can we get away with cutting and charging more.