Can you transfer to a travel agent if you book after final payment?

Jazzbo

If my cousin and her husband book today to join us on a cruise that's after final payment (today), can they transfer to our cruise agent tomorrow? She's not working today, but I know my cousin and her husband would get OBC, and I'd like my agent to get the booking.

You cannot transfer a booking after the final payment. Why can't they just book with the agent tomorrow?

From their FAQ:

Q. Can I transfer my reservation to a travel agent if I purchased my cruise directly from Celebrity Cruises?

A. Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a travel agent, please complete this form.

bEwAbg,

Thank you for the quick reply! I tried to find this on the Celebrity website, but the only search function I can find takes me to search for a cruise. I have looked so many times recently, and I cannot find the regular site search function.

If there is a specific cabin you want, you can do the Celebrity 24 hour courtesy hold online, then call your TA tomorrow and they will release the hold to them at that time. I have done this before because I didn't want the cabin to disappear!:eek:

bEwAbg,

Thank you for the quick reply! I tried to find this on the Celebrity website, but the only search function I can find takes me to search for a cruise. I have looked so many times recently, and I cannot find the regular site search function.

Their FAQ is where you find the most info. This particular answer is the first one in the Pre-Cruise section. I found reading the entire FAQ very helpful when planning my first trip with them.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions

If there is a specific cabin you want, you can do the Celebrity 24 hour courtesy hold online, then call your TA tomorrow and they will release the hold to them at that time. I have done this before because I didn't want the cabin to disappear!:eek:

Do you get the hold option when it's already in the final payment window? I personally would call to place the hold rather than do this online. Since it's already past final payment, if you were to put in a credit card to confirm the reservation, then you'd be booked and not able to transfer. Too much room for error for my tastes.

Do you get the hold option when it's already in the final payment window? I personally would call to place the hold rather than do this online. Since it's already past final payment, if you were to put in a credit card to confirm the reservation, then you'd be booked and not able to transfer. Too much room for error for my tastes.

Yes you can do the 24 hr hold after final payment. You don't provide any payment info so there is no risk. Then provide the booking number to the TA and they sort it out the next day. This is common practice with TA's with limited weekend hours.

Yes you can do the 24 hr hold after final payment. You don't provide any payment info so there is no risk. Then provide the booking number to the TA and they sort it out the next day. This is common practice with TA's with limited weekend hours.

I just did this this past week. I found a B2B on the Silohuette, sailing in December, where I could get the same room for both cruises. I put them on hold and called my agent the next day. While on the phone, she had me cancel each hold and she immediately rebooked the cabins. It worked out just right.

For my cruise next year, I was online and saw a cabin that was better (larger balcony, same category) than the current one so I put it on hold for 24 hours. Within an hour I got a call from a representative at Celebrity, who had my agent on line. I was asked to confirm the change of cabin (yes) and it was done! Very easy to do.

Monica

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say I just did this, easy peasy and went one step further. I had an existing booking in a balcony (4 pax) that I had been wanting to upgrade to a suite but the entire ship was sold out. I monitored the website and yesterday (inside final payment for newer bookings but not for mine) a suite came out. I placed a courtesy hold, then had my TA grab the cabin while I released the hold. She then proceeded to speak with CEL to allow 4 pax to go into the sky suite (original occupancy for S1 was 3) since the last person is an infant and then transferred our booking to the S1. Very happy with the promptness of it all. It means both our rooms are sky suites and we will dine together in Luminae. Yay!