Port of Miami Flight Times Empress of the Seas

LaShelle2

What is the earliest flight time we could catch heading home off of Empress? There is a good price on a 10:00am flight, but I am not sure if it is too early. I normally try to fly home after noon and am the last one off the ship.

I am also taking into consideration rush hour traffic, since we get back in on a Thursday.

I just got off on Monday. I walked off the ship (with luggage) at 7:20 and was at the airport by 8:00. I easily made my 10:14 AM flight. Obviously their can't be any glitches but it can be done.

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware the airport was so close. Since we will just have a small carry on bag each, this should work out fine. :p

What is the earliest flight time we could catch heading home off of Empress? There is a good price on a 10:00am flight, but I am not sure if it is too early. I normally try to fly home after noon and am the last one off the ship.

I am also taking into consideration rush hour traffic, since we get back in on a Thursday.

If flying out of Miami, you may make it, as long as Empress is cleared at port on time, you self debark, no traffic, and no long lines at the airport security.

glad to know it can be done. My daughter and I are going on the Empress in Nov and have a flight at 11:30 was worried about making it.

Should I do self embarkation or can I use the regular. I worry about her and I trying to get the luggage ourselves.

We routinely book a 10:45 flight home...and still have LOTS of waiting time at the airport!

About midway thru the cruise, they will ask those with "early" flights to let them know, so they can put you in one of the 1st groups off the ship.....assuming you don't want to carry off all your own stuff!

My friends got off the Empress using self-assist at 7:40 but you never know. Cab ride is about 10 minutes. 10 AM flight time would just make me nervous, but it could be doable.

I thought Miami airport was farther than that? I know Fort Lauderdale is close..thought Miami was more like 20 mins or so?

Empress OTS is in Miami. I think you might be confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know Empress is in Miami...that's why I was questioning the 10 min. airport ride...Miami airport is further from the port than that...especially on a week day with traffic...