Priority Check In?

dmc6469

So with my Gold status it says we get priority check in. What exactly is that? I know years ago, last time we cruised, when we were at the pier for check in, they put us in a separate waiting area and got us first on board because we had a suite. Is that the same thing?

Sorry but not that ... Once you enter the terminal there are two "perks" related to lines.

The first is prior to the security/bag screening where certain pax get to skip the line awaiting screening & go to the checkpoint ... I've never seen that extended to Gold since it's usually Diamond or maybe Emerald and above.

The second is after the screening where you officially check-in and receive your sea pass. Those lines are separated for non C&A and C&A and is extended to Gold ... But assess the lines for yourself because I've seen it where the cruise is filled with upper tier pax and thus long lines while the non C&A lines are wide open.

Basically you're the first one on the ship, after all the suites, pinnacles, diamond +, diamond, emerald and platinum members. You'll have a line you can stand in that is for gold members and depending on how many other gold members are on the same sailing, the line may be long or short. The idea is that the lines get shorter and shorter as your status gets higher and higher (because there will be less people with the higher statuses), meaning you'd get on board faster. But that isn't always the case. Being a gold member is pretty useless. And there are a looooot of gold members.

Priority boarding = Priority over first time cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

So with my Gold status it says we get priority check in. What exactly is that? I know years ago, last time we cruised, when we were at the pier for check in, they put us in a separate waiting area and got us first on board because we had a suite. Is that the same thing?

Not much. There are lines for suites and pinnacle, Diamond/+, all other C&A tiers, and first timers. Sometimes the line for first timers is the shortest line. Checking in 'priority' is not worth a lot.

Only suites and pinnacles get the separate waiting area.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Basically you're the first one on the ship, after all the suites, pinnacles, diamond +, diamond, emerald and platinum members. You'll have a line you can stand in that is for gold members and depending on how many other gold members are on the same sailing, the line may be long or short. The idea is that the lines get shorter and shorter as your status gets higher and higher (because there will be less people with the higher statuses), meaning you'd get on board faster. But that isn't always the case. Being a gold member is pretty useless. And there are a looooot of gold members.

Priority boarding = Priority over first time cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not much. There are lines for suites and pinnacle, Diamond/+, all other C&A tiers, and first timers. Sometimes the line for first timers is the shortest line. Checking in 'priority' is not worth a lot.

Only suites and pinnacles get the separate waiting area.

Depends on the port,I'm D+ and have had a seperate waiting area in Port Canaveral and in Tamps...

Hey! I'm platinum and my hubby is gold.. does this mean we will be on separate lines?

You can phone Crown and Anchor and have your husband assume your higher status. They allow this for married couples, common-law, and children living at the same address as the C&A member in question.

Our daughter and husbands sister were on their first cruise with us out of Sydney, Australia two years ago and arrived with us and through the same line. We were emerald at the time. If you arrive as a family you should be able to get in the same line, not necessarily the same check in counter. We were finished before they were and waited on them to enter the security line & photo area.

My sister just became Diamond, but up until then...she waited in the Platinum

area when we cruised together, as did we along with her, though we are D+.

Why would we separate? We knew we would all get on the ship at some point,

and it wasn't going to leave without us. ;)

No big deal.