internet access on Enchantment

ntsurf

I have read from several posts that the Enchantment does not have Wifi or in cabin access.

The first two days of our cruise in November I really need access to my office. Customer service is telling me that the refurbishment included Wifi.

Who is right? Any of you who have cruised Enchantment since the streching and may have any advice, please help!!

I have read from several posts that the Enchantment does not have Wifi or in cabin access.

The first two days of our cruise in November I really need access to my office. Customer service is telling me that the refurbishment included Wifi.

Who is right? Any of you who have cruised Enchantment since the streching and may have any advice, please help!!

Enchantment does have Wifi - I used it on the Boston/NE-Canada cruise in September. They offer discount rates if you prepay for set numbers of minutes. Lowest price worked out to about 32cents a minute. There are hot spots in several public areas of the ship including Lattetudes and the library. You do have to go to the RCI online computers to register your ID and password, but there is no cost to do so. Service is really slow, however, so unless you intend to use it a lot in order to get the lowest rate, you might just want to take the fifty cent per minute rate. Not cheap but less than what some other lines charge.

My husband used his laptop on the Enchantment last month. If you are a Crown and Anchor member, repeat cruiser, you will get discount tickets in your coupon book. For gold I think it's 10 free minutes. Platinum is 15 minutes.

You do have to register, but then there were several places where he could use the Wi Fi. His battery was low on his laptop so he plugged it in an outlet in the Centrum near the Champagne Terrace. They tell you the best locations if you ask guest services.

The lap top was much faster than using the computers on board in the internet café.

Archived