Additional Gratuities

disneyg1rl

Can additional gratuities (eg: for the butler, concierge, etc.) be charged onto the room account and paid with the overall bill?

I'm really bad about getting and carrying cash. If it's possible, my being able to put it on account would make it better for me and better for the crew members :-)

We did this on our cruise this year. Took a list of names and amounts to Guest Services where they prepared some slips which we checked and signed. Five minutes later we had charged them to our account. Very simple and painless to do.

I would double check this. I sail NCL 5-6 times a year and have been told by many crew members that any tip charged to your account goes into a pool. The staff get the exact same pay every week unless handed cash. People often tip at upgraded restaurants and the servers dont even get it. My advice is to use cash or forget it. Im not interested in giving NCL any additional $ but have no problem giving crew tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just bring the cash from home

No need to scramble for an ATM

Keep it in the safe

It will be fine

Hand it directly to whom you want so as to be sure they get it and not the "pool"

Go old school why risk it

Alternately....if you can handle getting and carrying cash just don't leave extra tips

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

I would double check this. I sail NCL 5-6 times a year and have been told by many crew members that any tip charged to your account goes into a pool. The staff get the exact same pay every week unless handed cash. People often tip at upgraded restaurants and the servers dont even get it. My advice is to use cash or forget it. Im not interested in giving NCL any additional $ but have no problem giving crew tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Butlers and Concierges are not part of any tip pool. So what you wrote does not apply to them. On our Dawn cruise the concierge thanked me about 2 hours after I did it.

Thanks! While they could figure out that Philip the Room Steward servicing the Deck 8 cabins wouldn't be the same Philip servicing my Deck 11 cabin, I suppose the last names would be wise...! :)

Edited by cooncat_mom