Internet package question

caribill

Old package of a block of minutes is gone and just 60 minute (and all 60 minutes must be used in one continuous time) and 24 hour packages at crazy prices are alternates. Half way through cruise some other alternates were offered.

What were the alternatives offered half-way through the cruise?

These prices make me angry. :mad:

We get the free minutes, but my friends don't and they are very unhappy about it.

Everyone talks about wifi, but I hope the internet lounge is still available as an option.

Edited by royalcruz

These prices make me angry. :mad:

We get the free minutes, but my friends don't and they are very unhappy about it.

Everyone talks about wifi, but I hope the internet lounge is still available as an option.

These prices are ridiculous unless you want to spent significant amounts of time on the Internet.

Usually some communication is necessary for me, but rarely do I need more than about 10 minutes a day. (Sign on, download messages, sign off, prepare any responses, sign on, send responses, sign off).

Basically, since only the unlimited package is available, this would cost over $2/minute.

On Carnival for a 12 day cruise, you can get unlimited Internet for browsing and e-mail and social use for $90. Speed is not as fast as what is available now on Celebrity, but is very adequate.

(A premium package is also available on Carnival that would also allow Skype video calling and some other data intensive use. For a 12 day cruise the price is $150.)

Even if they would just match prices of sister company Royal Caribbean that would be nice. Plus RCCL has sales in CruisePlanner like this past week that make it great. I was able to get their highest speed unlimited for $8.99 per day.

This was the sale that ended at midnight last night for one of my upcoming RCCL cruises that made high speed unlimited internet less than $63 for a week: ImageUploadedByForums1478086191.642479.jpg.54598d2c225f340c7f44f6dd9c0c7371.jpg

These prices are ridiculous unless you want to spent significant amounts of time on the Internet.

Usually some communication is necessary for me, but rarely do I need more than about 10 minutes a day. (Sign on, download messages, sign off, prepare any responses, sign on, send responses, sign off).

Basically, since only the unlimited package is available, this would cost over $2/minute.

On Carnival for a 12 day cruise, you can get unlimited Internet for browsing and e-mail and social use for $90. Speed is not as fast as what is available now on Celebrity, but is very adequate.

(A premium package is also available on Carnival that would also allow Skype video calling and some other data intensive use. For a 12 day cruise the price is $150.)

Celebrity's new prices on that sheet are outrageous. And totally out of line. I will stick with my 90 minutes Elite benefit on my cruise next month. Last cruise with the discount they gave Elite members I upgraded to unlimited. Now they have priced it so that the discount isn't even a discount. Celebrity has eliminated any reason for me to prefer booking with them in the future over booking other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk