Carnival Cruise

ksr1125

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I am new to Cruise Critic so please be nice when answering :)

We will be going on our first cruise in a few weeks. Any tips, must bring items, items you can't bring, must do's etc you could share?

Also, how will I know what is included in our price and what is an extra charge? Will things be labeled if they are an extra charge?

Does anyone know if Carnival has a limit on the number of luggage bags you can have? Also, is there a size restriction for checked and carry-on for Carnival? We will be driving so I'm not worried about the airport restrictions.

Can you bring back sand and shells from the ports?

Welcome to CC! I would suggest that you browse through the FAQ section of the Carnival website as many of your questions are answered there. Carry-ons need to be able to fit through an airport size scanner. Generally if something costs extra it will be marked with a $ in the Funtimes or it will have a price next to it.

I wouldn't bring back any sand or shells unless you purchased them from a merchant and even then it may be dicey, CBP does look for shells because some shells are from protected species (and as for taking this from the beach some countries do have laws about it).

We brought back sand and shells from Grand Cayman, Belize, Cozumel and Mahogany Bay on our last cruisr (we made xmas ornaments with them) and noone batted an eye.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

You can go to the Carnival web, and do a search on FAQ- luggage. Its similar to airlines but not as restrictive. A carry on has to fit through the screen machine. The bag, laying flat can be no more than 16 inches high and no more than 24 inches wide. As far as shells, I wouldn't. You find a nice shell and pack it away only to find that something was living in that shell. So your luggage stinks when you get home (it died) or you have a new friend with claws. Anyway have a great cruise.

You should go to the Carnival website, they have answers broken down by subject regarding your cruise. Then, if you have any further questions, Cruise Critic is a great place to get those answers.

Have a great cruise and be prepared to be addicted. :D

One option my parents took advantage of when they sailed on the Magic several weeks ago was Faster To The Fun, which gets you on the ship faster, along with several other really helpful benefits.

Here's the link to their page where you can find out more about FTTF:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I am new to Cruise Critic so please be nice when answering :)

We will be going on our first cruise in a few weeks. Any tips, must bring items, items you can't bring, must do's etc you could share?

Also, how will I know what is included in our price and what is an extra charge? Will things be labeled if they are an extra charge?

Does anyone know if Carnival has a limit on the number of luggage bags you can have? Also, is there a size restriction for checked and carry-on for Carnival? We will be driving so I'm not worried about the airport restrictions.

Make sure there is nothing living inside the shell before you take it; this could end in the untimely demise of some kind of aquatic life, and, cause a repugnant assault on your olfactory senses!

I suggest you search for your ships name and the word secret or Tips and tricks. I'd try to find a link for you but you didn't list your ship.

Pack less, not too much fancy stuff, things you can mix and match. Don't forget lounge or every day wear things to be comfortable though. Once I forgot tennis shoes. Sunscreen & aloe for after sun.

Everything is included except for sodas, alcoholic beverages or bottled water. You are allowed to bring bottled water or sodas, not in your luggage, but in carry on.

Don't try to do everything, take a highlighter and tear off the side of the Fun Times newsletter so you can make sure you don't miss what you really want to do.

It's OK if you don't want to eat in the dining room every night, if you want to have a relaxed night on the Lido, sometimes they have a very similar menu.

Enjoy - remind yourself not to worry about the little details and just have fun!

Don't overpack. I did so on my first few cruises and always came back saying, "well, I never wore that..."

Don't pack a beach towel. You can get them from your stateroom attendant.

Some thing to pack:

• Yellow highlighter to highlight activities of interest in daily program
  • Earplugs, just in case
  • Outlet splitter for charging devices
  • Small post-its
  • Aqua socks for rocky beaches (optional, heavy)
  • Cheap plastic bottle opener if you bring wine aboard per ship's policy
  • Some suggest a small mosquito spray bottle with latest Zika concern
  • Breakdown cash into ones and fives before you leave for tipping drivers, taxis, and tour guides

Pack less, not too much fancy stuff, things you can mix and match. Don't forget lounge or every day wear things to be comfortable though. Once I forgot tennis shoes. Sunscreen & aloe for after sun.

Everything is included except for sodas, alcoholic beverages or bottled water. You are allowed to bring bottled water or sodas, not in your luggage, but in carry on.

Don't try to do everything, take a highlighter and tear off the side of the Fun Times newsletter so you can make sure you don't miss what you really want to do.

It's OK if you don't want to eat in the dining room every night, if you want to have a relaxed night on the Lido, sometimes they have a very similar menu.

Enjoy - remind yourself not to worry about the little details and just have fun!

Fun Times no longer has tear off. I can't stand the new format.

OP, do you know how to search--right corner above posts. Also info on ports of call is in ports of call section.

You can take one bottle of wine or champagne in carry one per adult. Don't forget a corkscrew.

Take a large mug with top. Mine is a magic cup. In the morning it's coffee (fits 3 mugs), lunch it's lemonade then it turns into bourbon. Use their cup to fill yours for hygenic reasons.

Please wear a cover up and shoes in Lido area.

Study the deck plan to become familiar with the ship before you go.

If on an excursion booked with Carnival, if ticket says departure time is 8:30am they mean to be at meeting place earlier because they leave at 8:30am.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

We find the MDR way more relaxing than the Lido Deck. I have always brought fresh fruit on shore excursions. An orange after a dive is very refreshing.

As I'm sure you know (and evidently don't care) fresh fruit is the WORST thing to bring off of a ship. Florida is losing big chunks of their citrus crop due to invasive greening disease. Thanks idiots [emoji35]

I think what Georgia Peach meant to say is you CAN NOT bring bottled water or sodas on with you but you CAN bring CANNED water or soda on board with you in your carryon (12 per person). You can also preorder both to be delivered to your room.

As I'm sure you know (and evidently don't care) fresh fruit is the WORST thing to bring off of a ship. Florida is losing big chunks of their citrus crop due to invasive greening disease. Thanks idiots [emoji35]

you are right! some people just don't care!:(

what does taking an orange off a ship and eating it on a dive boat have to do with Florida's invasive greening disease. I see many people grabbing an apple or banana when headed to shore. NBD

Many countries have laws against this practice in order to prevent problems like Florida is experiencing. Invasive species are a very big deal indeed.

what does taking an orange off a ship and eating it on a dive boat have to do with Florida's invasive greening disease. I see many people grabbing an apple or banana when headed to shore. NBD

Don't try that in Cozumel. They have agricultural dogs sniffing all the bags as you come out of the Duty Free Shop. They move everyone into a single line so you have to stop to allow the dogs to do their thing. They will confiscate all fruit, vegetables and any meat products, so no making sandwiches. They announce it, it is in the Fun Times yet the amount of food they confiscated in September off our ship alone was staggering. We were the only ship in port that day, so it had to be the passengers on the Liberty disregarding the rules.