New Azamara cruise for 2017

bri0417

Saw an article yesterday on the Azamara Quest "sex cruise" for 2017. The title is "The First Ever Sex Cruise to Sail on an Azamara Ship". A sentence from the article follows: “Our playrooms hаve been designed fоr sexual аnd erotic pleasure. We ask thаt you use these couples-only areas tо fulfill your intimate desires.” I can understand cruises for groups with like interests but seriously, this is disgusting. I will never sail on the Quest and never Azamara.

I am sure you have had some excellent cruises with Azamara and they have had a good reputation; however, I disagree with their decision on this particular cruise. The icky factor is just too high for me. There are lots of choices out their and we are all entitled to make them for ourselves.

Sorry if I am behind. I don't care whether it is an Azamara cruise or a charter. I will not sail on a line that blatantly promotes promiscuity and boarderline behaviors.

Just curious

What site were you on to see this??

Sorry if I am behind. I don't care whether it is an Azamara cruise or a charter. I will not sail on a line that blatantly promotes promiscuity and boarderline behaviors.

As has been previously discussed ad infinitum, Azamara is one of many cruiselines who allow adult themed charters. If you don't want to ever book a cruise on a specific cruise line because of this, you may find your cruise options are very limited indeed. To my certain knowledge Silversea, Crystal and Seabourn have all had similar charters in the past and some are booked for the future. It's just a business decision.

I'm curious....would you refuse to ever go to a cinema that had shown X Rated movies? I really don't see how Azamara are "blatantly promoting promiscuity and borderline behaviours"....they are just allowing a ship to be chartered.

Personally, these charters don't worry me....each to their own and all that! The cruise can only be booked through the charter company apparently, so there is no danger that someone could unwittingly book an adult themed cruise.

Our last cruise immediately followed an "adult" charter.

Despite some concern on this forum, in no way was the ambience of that particular cruise affected. In fact, we felt no desire to loosen our personal moral bearings concerning the 7 deadly sins.

Oh save, perhaps, that of gluttony which, sadly, I may have brought on board.

And maybe greed, since I am always glad that others pay for those charters and thus, perhaps, help lighten our fare. :)

Well, sloth too.

My sins are multiplying! But I can't blame Azamara :(

This has me thinking. Do hotels still hire "house detectives" to investigate the "bona fides" of Mr. and Mrs. Smith who are checking in for the night? The detective that shows up to create some minor suspense in 1940's Hollywood movies?

Ok, you are correct. Off topic.

Edited by nordski

Despite some concern on this forum, in no way was the ambience of that particular cruise affected. In fact, we felt no desire to loosen our personal moral bearings concerning the 7 deadly sins.

And maybe greed, since I am always glad that others pay for those charters and thus, perhaps, help lighten our fare. :)

Well, sloth too.

This has me thinking. Do hotels still hire "house detectives" to investigate the "bona fides" of Mr. and Mrs. Smith who are checking in for the night? The detective that shows up to create some minor suspense in 1940's Hollywood movies?

I wish that there was a "like" button!!

Well, sloth too.

Nordski....You are my kind of guy!

I think I'm an expert with at least four of the seven deadly sins....And No, I'm not saying which ones! I don't blame Azamara for them though. :D

"Our playrooms"...

Dang, can't find those on the deck plans. White area maybe? Do you need to be in a suite to gain entry? :-)

If the OP wants to help people of a like mind, it would be more useful for them to list the cruise lines that would refuse to charter to that group, or any other group the OP finds unsavory - make sure there's a morals clause in the cruise contract. Then they and others of similar views could go on that line.

I bet that list is going to be really, really short.

"Our playrooms"...

Dang, can't find those on the deck plans. White area maybe? Do you need to be in a suite to gain entry? :-)

If the OP wants to help people of a like mind, it would be more useful for them to list the cruise lines that would refuse to charter to that group, or any other group the OP finds unsavory - make sure there's a morals clause in the cruise contract. Then they and others of similar views could go on that line.

I bet that list is going to be really, really short.

Or, I suppose, one could just ask Azamara for a stateroom where no one has ever, well, you know...:p

You mean that the "adult" cruise morals are not contagious? Phew! :cool:

Then I assume you will never cruise again.

Most if not all cruiselines charter to adult theme cruises.

They are VERY popular and you will more likely find a far higher level of hygiene than on a typical cruise line, where the average person would not car about how they handle things or pass their germs via tongs in the buffet etc.

Same company have chartered Crystal Symphony for an Alaska cruise in 2018 and provoked the same kind of reaction on that board.

We were booked on the cancelled cruise and Azamara looked after us well although the replacement cruise was not quite as good an itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The OP's reaction must be seen as "normal" if it is the first time the concept has been revealed to him or her. Giving it some time to sink in and given the fact that absolutely all cruise lines do these charters will eventually soften the "blow".

Wasn't it a former British comedian who claimed he didn't drink water because "fish fornicate in it"? :D

The OP's reaction must be seen as "normal" if it is the first time the concept has been revealed to him or her. Giving it some time to sink in and given the fact that absolutely all cruise lines do these charters will eventually soften the "blow".

Wasn't it a former British comedian who claimed he didn't drink water because "fish fornicate in it"? :D

It was WC Fields.:)

It was WC Fields, at least that's to whom we attribute it (in a slightly more vulgar format) on this side of the pond.:)

OK, that was supposed to be an edit, not a duplicate.

Edited by critterchick