Rental Car shuttle to Port Everglades

Suzyrn89

So they shuttled you from the Elller location to Port Everglades when you returned the car? Just trying to see which location we should go with. I presently have a reservation at the airport and at the Elller location. Would like a free shuttle but also don't want to wait for an hour to get picked up. I guess I'll check distance but assume a cab would be cheaper from the pier to the Eller location.

So they shuttled you from the Elller location to Port Everglades when you returned the car? Just trying to see which location we should go with. I presently have a reservation at the airport and at the Elller location. Would like a free shuttle but also don't want to wait for an hour to get picked up. I guess I'll check distance but assume a cab would be cheaper from the pier to the Eller location.

Yes, we returned the car at Eller (even though our reservation was for the airport), and waited about 10 minutes for the shuttle to Port Everglades. There was actually another shuttle when we were driving in to the car return but didn't make it in time for that one. Their shuttles seem pretty frequent. And it was about another 10 minutes from Eller to our terminal (shuttle stopped at another terminal before ours). Very easy and fast.

I would recommend keeping the FLL reservation if it's cheaper and they seem to be pretty lenient on FLL reservations being returned at Eller, since they just opened.

I'm still on the cruise ship so I'm not sure about a shuttle from Port Everglades to the Eller location, but I'll post again when we return on Sunday.

I can confirm that Alamo has a shuttle from Port Everglades to their Eller location. After getting off the ship this morning, we walked to the car rental companies pick-up location, and 2 minutes later, an Alamo shuttle showed up. We were the only ones from our terminal getting on the Alamo shuttle. They open at 7:30am and they said that they start running the shuttle service when cruise ships dock and it comes by every 30 minutes. However, I noticed the driver called for another shuttle as ours got full once we stopped by another terminal.

Once we got to the Eller location, I gave them my reservation number - a reservation I had for FLL, not Eller - and they didn't say anything about my reservation being for a different location. It took about 15 minutes to get a car as they didn't have a full-size one ready.

Everything worked great!

• 1 year later...
Does anyone have good info on renting a car at port Everglades cruise port and returning it at Port Canaveral cruuseport?

Other than "yes it is totally possible" and make sure you pick one the companies on the map below, what other concerns do you have?

You may also want to read about Car Rental at Port Everglades because you have to choose between renting at the airport (must pay for a ride) or at the near-port locations (free shuttles from some companies)

Rental-Car-Map-Web-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Do someone know how often the shuttle to Alamo runs on arrival? We will pick up a car at Eller location.

We tried to look online for information about this, but it says nothing on Alamos Norwegian page. It is very simple.

We have earlier always returned a car to FLL airport before they changed location and then taken the shuttle to port. But this time we are changing the routine..... (and we haven't been in FL for 2years;)

The shuttle runs often. We always use the Eller location. This past July we picked up Alamo rental at FLL, stayed in Florida two days, dropped all luggage and passengers at the port, returned the rental to the Eller location, took the 5 minute shuttle back to the port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruising next June and going to use Alamo car rental Fort Lauderdale post cruise.

I see they have a depot near the port and was wondering do you get a better choice of car at the airport compared to Eller drive?

Have used Alamo many times and always get to pick my car from the parking lot at Mco airport

Thanks in advance for any replies

In late January we rented from Budget at FLL, dropped off on 17th St. Location and they had a shuttle bus to the port. We had to wait quite awhile for the shuttle and as another poster mentioned, it's only $10 for a taxi so if you're in a hurry, that's an option.

• 11 months later...
On 9/29/2018 at 11:18 AM, ashhill said:

Cruising next June and going to use Alamo car rental Fort Lauderdale post cruise.

I see they have a depot near the port and was wondering do you get a better choice of car at the airport compared to Eller drive?

Have used Alamo many times and always get to pick my car from the parking lot at Mco airport

Thanks in advance for any replies

I would have to assume...yes...a bigger selection at the airport.

• 2 weeks later...