Nice beach

Bell2805

I Castro, please add us to the list! We will be there on Thursday, February 23rd. Sorry we won't meet you, but we will report back to the group here. Looking forward to some sun as the snow falls here. Please add to the board: Bonnie and Paul.

Thank you!

Hi Castro

A party of 4 of us will be coming tomorrow 20th.

We would love to have 4 of your chairs. We will be coming by taxi late morning . Many thanks

Christine Stoneman 😊

Edited by Stone3
Forgot name

if u tell me what date ur coming i will put ur username up on the board to welcome you.

Hi Castro1n3. I will be there with my husband on March 14th!! I will look for my cruise critic "GERI" name!! :)

Hi Castro,

We took a taxi to Vigi Beach on 2/23, but could NOT find your board or your partner. We found the beach and used our towels and found an old vendor selling beverages from his beach hut. Where is the boardwalk you speak of?

The beach was ok, but we are disappointed in the area and would not recommend it.

Geri, The biggest things were: 1) the sea was very rough so we couldn't go in the water. 2) there was NO natural shade. 3) the only bathroom there was at the resort, which is I guess it's ok to use... it just felt wrong. 4) the only food was at the expensive resort restaurant. 5) the vendors are relentless!!! Would not go away until I got rude. Especially the guy selling pot. 6) when you get a taxi you have to purchase round trip tickets. We were in a cab of about 10-12 people. A woman passenger sitting in the front seat thought she was going to tell our driver what time EVERYONE wanted to be picked up... and it was late in the afternoon. 8 of us didn't want to stay that late and told our driver that... and in fact we ended up leaving about an hour and a half earlier than we had told him, so they had to call him and tell him to come get us.

Hi Castro,

We took a taxi to Vigi Beach on 2/23, but could NOT find your board or your partner. We found the beach and used our towels and found an old vendor selling beverages from his beach hut. Where is the boardwalk you speak of?

The beach was ok, but we are disappointed in the area and would not recommend it.

We went there on the 23rd also. The taxi driver wanted to drop us off too soon, and we made him go to the new boardwalk area. We found Castro himself there to help us with chairs. The beach was exquisite. We enjoyed the day with sun, sand, water and Castro helped us with beer and answered any question we had. This was a FANTASTIC day!

I highly recommend going to Vigie Beach and looking for Castro.

GT.

Geri, The biggest things were: 1) the sea was very rough so we couldn't go in the water. 2) there was NO natural shade. 3) the only bathroom there was at the resort, which is I guess it's ok to use... it just felt wrong. 4) the only food was at the expensive resort restaurant. 5) the vendors are relentless!!! Would not go away until I got rude. Especially the guy selling pot. 6) when you get a taxi you have to purchase round trip tickets. We were in a cab of about 10-12 people. A woman passenger sitting in the front seat thought she was going to tell our driver what time EVERYONE wanted to be picked up... and it was late in the afternoon. 8 of us didn't want to stay that late and told our driver that... and in fact we ended up leaving about an hour and a half earlier than we had told him, so they had to call him and tell him to come get us.

You DEFINITELY ended up in the wrong place.... Got a taxi for $10 for the two of us, no problem. Castro put our chairs in a location with shade ALL DAY. Not a single vendor was anywhere around. Plenty of reasonably priced food and beer was $2.00 a bottle.

When you get a cab make SURE they take you to Vigie beach right across from the airport entrance.

We had a GREAT time.

GT

We went there on the 23rd also. The taxi driver wanted to drop us off too soon, and we made him go to the new boardwalk area. We found Castro himself there to help us with chairs. The beach was exquisite. We enjoyed the day with sun, sand, water and Castro helped us with beer and answered any question we had. This was a FANTASTIC day!

I highly recommend going to Vigie Beach and looking for Castro.

GT.

I don't know what happened, but we never saw the boardwalk. Castro was not going to be there on the 23rd per his info on this thread. Hmmm. Glad it worked out for you.

Hi AnnieB925,

I was planning to go to this beach in a few weeks. What about it was disappointing?

The disappointment was not finding Castro and the boardwalk area. Maybe the taxi drivers don't know about it yet. I'd go to a more established beach, based on our experience. Castro, do you care to comment? How would you advise telling taxi drivers where to drop passengers off?

HI Castro,

Is it possible to see the Pitons and spend time at Vigie Beach while we are in port or should we pick one or the other? I personally would grab one of your chairs and stay there all day but with husband and kids comes compromise...LOL.

HI Castro,

Is it possible to see the Pitons and spend time at Vigie Beach while we are in port or should we pick one or the other? I personally would grab one of your chairs and stay there all day but with husband and kids comes compromise...LOL.

It's possible but not recommended at all. It's a three hour round trip just to see the Pitons, and if you want to do anything else in the area, ie volcano and mud baths or waterfalls, lunch, gardens, etc - it's longer.

It's highly recommended you do go see the Pitons - it's what makes us unique in the Caribbean!! Lots of amazing sights and experiences to enjoy, including beach time right between the Pitons if that's what you want. Check out Cosol, Spencer Ambrose, Herod's tours, Real St Lucia Tours, Serenity TVL, etc..

You'll have lots of stops that only really offer beaches.. St Lucia offers so much more!

Good day Geri I would to inform u that user annieB925 was at vigie beach, however near the resort; and was not she was looking for. I would like to let u know that I closer to the air port and I am the chairs with the white straps. There also 6 kitchens/booths to choose from for eats n drinks all with wifi, I am also pleased to say that we have no bums or pushy vendors to offer a thing. So keep an open mind and look forward to seeing u this April 14th.

Best regards

Castro

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Castro 1n3.

Thank you for letting us all know what caused the problem for Annie. I will walk from the ship and will see you on March 14.

Geri

Good day to all. Thanks Annie for even considering me, however the taxi dropped u off near the hotel it is not welcoming to anyone who are not their guest. He should have dropped u off the air port. In regards to the water I will agree with u, at times it can be rough. Ohhhh and pushy vendors we have nun at this time, they will not even come up as I have band them. So sorry u did not find me. Best regards to u

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Castro,

No he dropped us off at a beach past the hotel near a cemetery. We never saw the boardwalk. Maybe he dropped us off just short of it.

Hi Castro,

No he dropped us off at a beach past the hotel near a cemetery. We never saw the boardwalk. Maybe he dropped us off just short of it.

Yup, he dropped you far short of where the boardwalk is. It's down near the entrance to the airport, past the cemetery and further on down the road...