Best OWB on Moorea?

Burpelson

21 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

Late September to mid October 😉

Of course anytime is good but this recommendation is the balance between best weather, some specials and less people 

Thanks! Experience here in Bermuda is that the water is generally much clearer (and warm enough for swimming) during the spring months before the summer heat kicks in and water gets less clear. This said, and after seeing Dedalane's fantastic underwater pictures (taken in month of September), we have decided to go to FP and on the PG in Oct (2020) which is spring down there in FP.

I love snorkeling and the best snorkeling so far was in Hawaii (off Kona, in month of March) and it's on my bucket list to do ultimate snorkeling that would blow my mind away. We went to the Great Barrier Reef last Nov, but we were underwhelmed with that. Saw some nice things but that was it. I came away disappointed.

Edited by bluesea777

On 3/12/2019 at 7:33 AM, bluesea777 said:

I love snorkeling and the best snorkeling so far was in Hawaii (off Kona, in month of March) and it's on my bucket list to do ultimate snorkeling that would blow my mind away. We went to the Great Barrier Reef last Nov, but we were underwhelmed with that. Saw some nice things but that was it. I came away disappointed.

No need to wonder why.  The reefs are dying.  Lots of coral bleaching and general degrading of the coral in FP, and according to reports even more so in the GBR.  First went to FP 19 years ago and it was a different story, but it's the same all over the world.