Latest prices are skyhigh

bogofman

My 2018 cruise jumped in price hours after I paid for it, but I did have to put down 900. It came with all four perks and is 10 days in the Med. If it goes down I get the reduction; however, it still shows that all suites are filled! I highly doubt that...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

When I looked at the UK site earlier today there is an early booking guarantee now on 2018 cruises:

"Better still, book before 28 February 2017 – for only £150pp deposit – and should you find our price or offer is more favourable between now and 31 December 2017, you can rebook the exact same cruise and stateroom with no loss of deposit. With so much on the horizon for 2018 – book today and never look back.*"

We had this same offer during when the 2017 cruises opened up and it worked for us. We booked through a travel agent and kept an eye on the offers as they became available in the UK through X's website. When things seemed to be in our favour, our travel agent did the work and we were able to pick up a price drop and a drinks package. Without a crystal ball, you will have to judge whether there is an offer/drop in price that you want to take or hang on until a later offer.

• 4 months later...

I'm currently comparing a 12 day Iberian Peninsula cruise on both HAL Koningsdam and Celebrity Eclipse. For us, the itinerary is better on HAL. Similar time frame, they leave 3 weeks apart. Basic balcony on both, $1,899 on HAL and $3,499 on Celebrity. And before someone starts on about supply and demand, every category including all suite categories are available on Celebrity. Yes, I get a drink package on X but drinks are half the price on HAL I love Celebrity but that's ridiculous.

Could this have anything to do with the price difference?

Royal Caribbean breaks out to new life high after earnings and outlook beat

I doubt something that was released two hours ago has any bearing on prices that have been out for months.

Bump on the last comment, would like to know the best way to monitor the costs going forwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I got 2 price drops on our next cruise and saved $600 and upgraded from Concierge to Aqua, keeping all perks by checking the X website daily and calling my TA. It's a small thing IMHO for the savings. I'm on the computer anyway.

I doubt something that was released two hours ago has any bearing on prices that have been out for months.

I suppose you don't understand how earnings reports work. The earnings report today was for profits from first quarter (Jan thru Mar) and for forward Q2 estimates which is above the Street's forecast.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I suppose you don't understand how earnings reports work. The earnings report today was for profits from first quarter (Jan thru Mar) and for forward Q2 estimates which is above the Street's forecast.

Lol if only you knew what I did for a living. Let me assure you I know how it works. The cruises & prices were released in November.

Lol if only you knew what I did for a living. Let me assure you I know how it works. The cruises & prices were released in November.

They've raised both their top and bottom line... Charging more for cruises and cutting costs . This Q1 report was just a continuation of the previous quarter isn't it?

-- Net Cruise Costs ("NCC") excluding fuel per APCD decreased 4.4% on a Constant-Currency basis (down 4.9% As-Reported).

-- Overall, the company's booked position remains at a record level, better than last year on both a rate and volume basis.

-- Net Yields are expected to increase 4.5% to 6.0%

They've raised both their top and bottom line... Charging more for cruises and cutting costs . This Q1 report was just a continuation of the previous quarter isn't it?

-- Net Cruise Costs ("NCC") excluding fuel per APCD decreased 4.4% on a Constant-Currency basis (down 4.9% As-Reported).

-- Overall, the company's booked position remains at a record level, better than last year on both a rate and volume basis.

-- Net Yields are expected to increase 4.5% to 6.0%

As I said, there is apparently no demand for this cruise so we'll see how well that works out for them. I find $600 a night too much for an obstructed balcony for 2. But you know what they say, there's a fool born every minute. Just look at what people are paying for Edge.

Celebrity can charge whatever they want and if people are willing to pay it, all the more power to them. I decide what the product is worth to me, and if the asking price doesn't fall into line, I stay home, no big deal, I'll find something else to spend my vacation dollars on. Looks like I'm not going anytime soon. Life is too short to get upset at something as trivial as cruising.

Two years ago we did a 15-nt TA on the Eclipse. We were in a SS and paid around $5600 total. Now we're booked on another 15-nt TA on the Eclipse for 2018. The same SS is now priced at $5999 per person, bringing the total over $12k. Needless to say, we booked a 1A. [emoji79]

we have only sailed celebrity and have one cruise booked for this year and one next year. next years was booked over a year ago and i couldnt book it now due to the price

going forward think we may have a break from cruising due to the high prices and go back to land vacations [all inclusive] for a while although we may look at other cruise lines

I'm currently comparing a 12 day Iberian Peninsula cruise on both HAL Koningsdam and Celebrity Eclipse. For us, the itinerary is better on HAL. Similar time frame, they leave 3 weeks apart. Basic balcony on both, $1,899 on HAL and $3,499 on Celebrity. And before someone starts on about supply and demand, every category including all suite categories are available on Celebrity. Yes, I get a drink package on X but drinks are half the price on HAL I love Celebrity but that's ridiculous.

Was following Canaries cruises out of Southampton for Autumn 18. Just booked OV with Cunard at £1200 rather than OV with Celebrity ar £2200. Both 14 nights. No drinks package with Cunard, but . . . .

IMHO Celebrity prices are significantly higher than 2/3 years ago. This will be our first non-Celebrity cruise . . .

Stuart

Hi everyone

We sailed on the Eclipse, around 4 years ago, and were looking to sail again as we had a great time.

In the intervening years we have sailed with most other lines and to most other places. We then thought lets have a look at Celeb again as we had had a great time. This time we were looking to take our now older child. I must say the prices have definitely gone into the Constellation!

The cruise I looking at was for 5 nights from Rome in August for 2 adults and 1 child. That is priced at approx £650pp cruise only. The best deal I found, as I never use the cruise own website anymore, was for 1500 euros for 2 adults. We have booked, minus child, as I do like the Celebrity brand.

Out of curiosity, 23 September 2018 for the Canaries, 14 nights and for 2 adults. The best deal I found was 2399 euros for an inside cabin (approx £2019).

I do think, overall, Celebrity are way more expensive than the other cruise lines.

However, lets spare a thought for our German and French cousins. I went on their own website and they pay even more then the Brits!

Two years ago we did a 15-nt TA on the Eclipse. We were in a SS and paid around $5600 total. Now we're booked on another 15-nt TA on the Eclipse for 2018. The same SS is now priced at $5999 per person, bringing the total over $12k. Needless to say, we booked a 1A. [emoji79]

I was just looking at options and found that some cruises on Silver Seas are cheaper than suites on The Edge.

We sailed the Summit to NE/Canada in September 2015. Our Ocean view cat 07 was $4,397.08 total for two. The identical ocean view cabin category for this coming September is $6,047.46. That's a $1,650.38 difference of 37.5%.

August 2016 we were in an A1 deck eleven to Bermuda for $2,760.38. All that's left for an Aqua Class guarantee the same week this year is $3,555.78. The same week in 2018 for an A1 deck 11 is $4,675.26

What it boils down to is that if you're willing to pay the cabin price, which apparently many people are, then Celebrity will keep increasing their ask. Only when there is price resistance will Celebrity adjust. I don't believe that will happen for quite some time.

Despite the cost cutting measures and the increased fares, Celebrity still has strong bookings.

We live in the San Diego ,California area of the USA .

first we could never understand the Europe booking system & that is you cancel before final payment you loose your deposit . If that were the case here ,we would have NEVER cruised . Using our Westin upscale time share is a whole lot cheaper than cruising & we can go to many exotic locations in the world .

We have done 77 past cruises & over 40 of them with Celebrity our favorite cruise line

That being said ,we no longer wish to make those long haul flights from Europe (we are in our late 70s ) . Our last long haul flights (first class ) was in 2015 when we flew home from Sydney Australia . It took 25 hours ,3 airports with 3 airlines & they lost our luggage for 5 days .

As far as your UK /Celebrity pricing is concerned ,the only way Celebrity will reduce the prices are if & when there is price resistance & cabins don't fill as quickly as in the past . It is just smart business on RCCL corporation part ;which Celebrity is a division .

To sum up it seems to us that Celebrity refrains from placing a M class ship in California when they can charge those high prices in Europe . So we here on the west coast ,USA cheer on for the UK passenger & the price point rejection to Celebrity

We are booked on the Silhouette for next January. Got a great deal in Feb. Nice price and Super perks with an nice OBC. Two weeks later the cruise was basically sold out and the prices for what was available were insane with no perks.

OP has noted high prices on UK website. Just looked at the value of the British Pound:

One Year Ago: $1.52

Today: $1.26

I would guess that's part of the explanation.

Just priced a 14 night Reflection Cruise for December 2018. We have booked many times via a US TA but have reverted to booking in the UK more recently as the prices are so much better.

Checked 1B Cabin for 2 people -

UK price - £3470 with 2 perks (UK discount TA)

USA price - $5180 with 2 perks with an additional $325obc from TA

Germany price - €4914 with 2 perks (equal to £4135 at todays Exchange rate €1.188 = £1)

Uk price significantly better than the others ??

I would appear that Celebrity are using an exchange rate pre-June 23rd 2016 for the GBP. We recently booked a future cruise whilst aboard the Eclipse and the conversion rate they used for the deposit was $1.6891= £1 - I wonder how long before it changes?

Edited by mickey89

• 1 month later...

So we cancelled our 2019 Transpacific today on Solstice and booked the almost identical cruise on Radiance of the Seas. They're a couple of days apart. We had an obstructed balcony on Solstice and booked an aft on Radiance for $2,000 cdn less. An aft on Solstice $13,500 for 2. Radiance $7,500. No perks on either. That's an insane difference.

I really don't care how much or how little they charge. I've lost all faith in them. When the economy goes in the tank again, and it will, the price can't get low enough to entice people that are leaving now, to come back. Loyalty went the route of Moden Luxury.

Prices are what the market will bear.

Seems many consumers have no real issue with Celebrity pricing given the number of cruises they have booked. This also includes the fact they also have no issue with airline pricing and flying context either nor the many other costs of leisure travel.

No one has to book anything unless they agree to it.

There are many other options to spend disposable income other than on Celebrity or any other cruise line.

If the prices seem high at Celebrity move on like many previous patrons have.