Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

It has been fun speculating on such a novel ship. I did not interpret comments as complaints... more observations. It is intended to be a disruptive ship... trying new things. Some will work and some probably will not. We will see, but I have found it fun to speculate and then learn what is what as the ship comes to life. I really think it has a nice profile.. I know some disagree. But that is okay. I do find it ironic that people tell others not to complain while at the same time telling us all the MC is a complete waste of money. Do as I say not as I do.

Amen!

Speculation is not complaining, it can be seen as voicing possible concerns. We (and Celebrity for that fact) won’t know the impact until paying customers are on board. I believe cruise lines really look for our reviews and critiques to help them determine what does and does not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

(y)(y)

While I overall like the ships looks, DH and I will decide for ourselves what are valid concerns for us when we book our next cruise after the 2 we already have booked on EDGE, and have a chance to check out the ship in person....

I believe all good faith opinions are welcome on Cruise Critic!

(y)

Haven’t seen the fridge or safe in any pix, must be in the closet?:confused:

https://britsonaship.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/edgeiv3.jpg

From this photo... it looks like the left is a set of drawers... fewer than on S class BUT the appear to be larger drawers. If you look on the right (white side) It appears there is a drawer in the top and a larger area below... which I would assume is a fridge (high margin items... so I assume they would want to keep that). I am thinking that a hair drier would be in that drawer... also bigger than on S Class... so perhaps room for makeup too??? So if that spot is not for the safe it must be in the closet. I asked Celebrity on facebook if there was more storage.... answer was a bit cryptic... but they mention shelving... so I am assuming that they have some shelves in the closet. Since the air is not over the closet..there may be more room there that what we can see.

I think the overall ship is stunning and architecturally beautiful. I would like to know, however, their real thoughts behind furniture choices for cabins (and I should add that I have advanced academic studies in ergonomics/human factors, so this will be an interesting cruise for me).

I agree that the ship is stunning and architecturally beautiful, though I’m not yet certain about the IV cabins (one of which I have booked for my next cruise). I can’t imagine ergonomic/human factors informed many of their choices regarding seating throughout the ship. Many of the chairs, though visually appealing, appear both non-ergonomic and uncomfortable (though the same can be said about some of the seating on earlier Celebrity ships).

Sorry, thought I was posting the previous post on another thread. I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the pictures and reveals!! :D

Here is an amazing picture that I don't think I've seen yet!

enhance

Do we know why the Orange Color? I am having such trouble with this, I'm sorry if I am offending anyone....

From this photo... it looks like the left is a set of drawers... fewer than on S class BUT the appear to be larger drawers. If you look on the right (white side) It appears there is a drawer in the top and a larger area below... which I would assume is a fridge (high margin items... so I assume they would want to keep that). I am thinking that a hair drier would be in that drawer... also bigger than on S Class... so perhaps room for makeup too??? So if that spot is not for the safe it must be in the closet. I asked Celebrity on facebook if there was more storage.... answer was a bit cryptic... but they mention shelving... so I am assuming that they have some shelves in the closet. Since the air is not over the closet..there may be more room there that what we can see.

Looking at the Desktop, to me it seems like it slides into the dresser to give access to the full length mirror...or my eyes my be deceiving me

Ship stunning YES, but glad we only have 7 days in the Infinite Veranda..AQ cabin..

Can't get past the ,junky looking cabinetry... esp compared to other ships and nice hotel rooms. Seems the bed takes up alot of space regardless of position..

Consolation is that AQ includes BLU and Thermal suite....but not too sure the cabin itself will be our little sanctuary as it usually is...luckily there will be so many other spaces to enjoy on board...

Looking forward to the Sunset Veranda in Nov 2019..It..has a large outdoor balcony, larger stateroom and looks like it will have more furniture.....but it will still have the big bed.

WIll also be keen to see other cabin appointments on our Cabin Crawl

Have decided that I,ve said my opinion...and am not going to look at any more cabin photos.. :cool:

I agree that the ship is stunning and architecturally beautiful, though I’m not yet certain about the IV cabins (one of which I have booked for my next cruise). I can’t imagine ergonomic/human factors informed many of their choices regarding seating throughout the ship. Many of the chairs, though visually appealing, appear both non-ergonomic and uncomfortable (though the same can be said about some of the seating on earlier Celebrity ships).

My husband has knee problems (I am surprised how many passengers also have issues with knees and hips)... and I have found it a challenge to find chairs he can easily get out of.. in the public areas on S class (very low and deep). I noticed the same thing about the chairs on Edge... beautiful... but they look uncomfortable (often you lean back and many have no arms)... particularly the benches in the roof top garden. I was happy to see arm chairs in the cabin. I am not complaining... but it is kinda important that he be able to sit comfortably... at least in the cabin. I actually reached out to the designer and Celebrity... not so much to change anything on this ship... but to consider that in future ships and redesign. So we shall see... I may bring a set of risers. For those of us who are caregivers... things that my come across as a complaint or minor are actually important.

Anyone who's afraid of heights going to have trouble stepping out onto the Magic Carpet? [emoji126908cea410833269b750e49d81a1e770.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

In looking at this second photo, you can see that the glass panel on the side (just to the back of the gentleman in the picture) is higher than the rest of the side. Good wind protection as the ship moves forward.

Thanks for pointing that out, you are probably right. We will know for sure 11/27 as we are in one of these cabins on the charity cruise..