Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Looking at the pictures of retreat area (pool deck), I feel like a kid who just got robbed of its toy.

The renderings in brochure have fooled a lot of people, showing the retreat pool that big... I personally laughed when saw this "art craft" for the first time - there is NO SPLASHGUARD on that drawing, more so, the shallow area surrounding the pool is way to wide = if this would have gone to reality, there would be multiple SAF (slip and fall) - the width of the shallow edge per rendering is about 5-6 ft! :'):'):')The actual "pool" is laughable, and the design of the splashguard/bench around it came out from the liners of the 60-s - see the cutouts:

Picture4.png

The solarium pool begs to be bigger, because if there will be just lounge chairs around it (dozens - per rendering), and not much shade or greenery, it will be crammed and stuffy, like Mediterranean beach in July. Hope they would have something to make that area more inviting. A few trees perhaps...

Picture5.png

On the account of heavily discussed location of beds in S1-S2-S3, I stand corrected - on RENDERINGS, the entrance to the suite defines the position of the bathroom door (from the corridor or from the cabin) and thus defines the positioning of the bed. That said, I looked at the deck plans and found NO S1-S2-S3 SUITES where the entrance door is shown from the longer side, as in renderings... All are shown having doorway in standard layout, from the narrow side. Time will tell, that's correct.

Yes, I am. I meant that I ruled out that the picture above was an aft S1. I was hoping it was an aft S1 since the bed will face the ocean, though it isn't a deal breaker if it doesn't. These pictures are making me even more excited to sail her! :D

If you edit that SS photo so it is lighter, you can see a guy in a closet. But then look at floor - there seems to be a threshold and the closet guy MIGHT be outside the cabin, so it could be an alcove. Or maybe not...

One other interesting note of the sky suite photo is the small built-in cabinet on the wall to the left of the bed.

Usually these are free-standing cabinets that can be removed to split the bed if requested, but this looks like a permanent obstruction possibly preventing splitting the bed.

Wonder if this proves that not all king beds can be split like we had been told.

You guys are funny!! :D

PS: I believe there will be one hot tub in the solarium (on the right below).

enhance

Looks like the Solarium will be very bright compared to S Class. Does anyone recall reading that the roof panels will adjust and darken on very sunny days..?

Thanks

Do you have anything on the S2 accessible

Thanks jc

So will suite guests whose beds faces the sea, travel side first, rather than head or feet first in a traditional layout?

We are more interested in a traditonal layout ...what category suites are those on the non MC side of ship? Are any actual photos of these available yet?

And of course this hallway is right across from The Club, now we know one use of this space.;p

So the art auctions will be continued on EDGE. Guess it is better to have a display area rather than have them set up easels in gen common areas like they do on other ships.. Easier to avoid them this way!

Has anyone heard about any other art work including sculpture for the ship..? The pieces shown in the cabins so far is basic hotel..but I recall hearing there would be an art museum/ area..Hope not just the gallery displays.

If you edit that SS photo so it is lighter, you can see a guy in a closet. But then look at floor - there seems to be a threshold and the closet guy MIGHT be outside the cabin, so it could be an alcove. Or maybe not...

I saw Closet Guy too. I wondered if this was a middle S3 with an alcove connected to an inside, but the doors don't line up. The S1 afts have adjacent doorways in an alcove.

enhance

Interestingly, there is one S2 that has a doorway across from a hallway - 12152. Just a thought...

enhance

So will suite guests whose beds faces the sea, travel side first, rather than head or feet first in a traditional layout?

We are more interested in a traditonal layout ...what category suites are those on the non MC side of ship? Are any actual photos of these available yet?

Yes, guests in suites Port and Starboard where the bed faces the sea will travel side first. We actually like sleeping in that configuration. Which is why I won't be too disappointed if the beds in Edge's aft suites don’t face the sea. 😊

So the art auctions will be continued on EDGE. Guess it is better to have a display area rather than have them set up easels in gen common areas like they do on other ships.. Easier to avoid them this way!

Has anyone heard about any other art work including sculpture for the ship..? The pieces shown in the cabins so far is basic hotel..but I recall hearing there would be an art museum/ area..Hope not just the gallery displays.

I had a long chat with a Pre-Cruise Corporate Guest Relations Team member a couple of months ago. She was very excited about the Edge so was willing to talk Edge all day with me (and I decided to humor her even though I wasn't at all interested ;)). She was very excited about the art on the ship. She said that they placed a huge emphasis on the display of art on this ship. If I remember correctly, there may even be some amazing pieces borrowed and displayed. She talked about the art throughout the ship, not just the art gallery. From what I've seen of the construction photos, there is art everywhere - in the details on the walls, stairways, room dividers, ceilings, chandeliers, etc. She did mention the art gallery, but didn't talk about it in terms of the art auctions. I'm sure that will be part of the deal, but I got the impression from her that the gallery itself will be amazing to walk through.

I don't do the art auctions and rarely does art for sale on ships catch my eye, but this looks like it could be displayed tastefully and may be a nice place to walk through on the way to the theater. Hopefully, there won't be people handing out invitations to auctions when we walk through. If they do, I have my alternate route planned. :D

Edited by vtcruising

Imo, the man is not in a closet. If you look closely there is a door handle on the side of the door next to him. And as you mentioned the carpet is a different color from the suite. I think the man is standing in the doorway of an adjoining cabin.

More photos - some are new I think. Be sure to cycle thru the embedded slide shows (manual) of multiple pics.

https://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/bord-du-paquebot-celebrity-edge

Many thanks for the link. Very nice to see new shots/angles/spaces.

One other interesting note of the sky suite photo is the small built-in cabinet on the wall to the left of the bed.

Usually these are free-standing cabinets that can be removed to split the bed if requested, but this looks like a permanent obstruction possibly preventing splitting the bed.

Wonder if this proves that not all king beds can be split like we had been told.

Perhaps the nightstand on the other side will be mobile? On our SS reservation, it lists the beds as "One Set Together configuration".

There are some S1's and S2's on the port side (and CS, RS, EV, IC). The only picture we have is the one that was posted. We are unsure which type of SS it is and where it is located, but detectives are at work. ;)

No one is quite sure which SS will have beds that face the ocean. My suspicion is that the aft S1's will not, but will let you know in 58 days, unless we get some more inside photos earlier. :D

I noticed that night stand on the wall too. However, the nightstand on the opposite side of the bed which will be freestanding from what it looks like, will be the one able to be moved in between to separate the beds. Probably, there won't be much space though. We will see...

In one source about the suites it says that king beds convert to twins except as noted (and the SS don't have any notes that they can't be split).

My S1 has this on my Cruise Planner (I don't know what the difference is between the 2nd and 3rd choice): :D

enhance

Is it me or does it seem like people are becoming OCD and overly scrutinizing every tiny detail on the ship?? I like looking at pics of the beautiful spaces but I really want to explore and be surprised when I walk on the ship. All this nit picking takes the fun out of it..... I cant believe how many people have already decided what furniture wont be comfortable just by the look of it?? You cant tell if something is comfortable or not by just looking at a pic...comical really. Guess I need to take a break from this thread until the ship is on its way across the pond and the real excitement begins. Maiden Voyage and so excited...

I saw Closet Guy too. I wondered if this was a middle S3 with an alcove connected to an inside, but the doors don't line up. The S1 afts have adjacent doorways in an alcove.

enhance

Interestingly, there is one S2 that has a doorway across from a hallway - 12152. Just a thought...

enhance

The second SS you describe [12152] is an S3. Actually, it's MY S3 on the Jan. 20 sailing! :)

My browser says we will have "One Set Together" bed configuration, and the picture is this one [with bed facing the ocean]:

enhance