Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Rather than complaining simply stop reading this thread. It’s obvious others are enjoying and interested in the various discussions.

Enough Already. Not everyone has the luxury of having a suite in fact it is a small percentage of those onboard.

Charles

One of the biggest unsolved mysteries of EDGE. Is there really a T pool? Where will it be located? Why wasn’t it announced during the spa reveal? We will all know in about 52 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m just curious, do you consider the solarium pool on the Millennium and Solstice Class ships a T-Pool? If so I’m guessing the same might be true of the Solarium Pool on EDGE. At least I hope so.

Celebrity hasn’t had a true T-pool in the spa since the days of CENTURY, MERCURY, and GALAXY. I even remember when they started removing them from those ships. People were quite upset and rightfully so, but apparently they leaked and were difficult to maintain.

I don’t anticipate a T-pool in the spa on EDGE, so unless the solarium pool is a T-pool, perhaps it won’t have one which would be really surprising and disappointing.

I sent an email to Celebrity One Touch about the T Pool. I wanted to purchase a Thermal Spa and T Pool pass for my husband's birthday which is coming up soon, but wanted to know if the T Pool is a real thing first. I sent them the following, which was on my Cruise Planner. Someone called me back yesterday and she had called 4 different people to see about the T Pool and couldn't confirm it. She said they keep them in the dark about upcoming reveals so that it was still a possibility, but said that at this point there was no info on it and I might want to hold off on my purchase.

I don't think we have to worry about the T Pool being the solarium pool since they are selling passes for it. My guess is that they wouldn't charge admission to the solarium, but who knows?

I was going to post this on the T Pool thread, but since someone brought it up here, I posted it here. This is the most highly read Edge thread so many get their info from this thread.

enhance

Maybe its just time to shut this thread down...clearly we are way past “... Celebrity Blocks are in the house...”...let everyone divide up into the splinter threads that have popped up since the beginning of this one...

No no no...I disagree!

This is Lloyd's thread with an assist by many. It should not be closed.

We can try to do better to place posts under the specific topics on other threads..entertainment , T pool etc..but this and the VT's Where's My Cabin are the mainstays!

We have all been enjoying the posts and I hope things stay civil!

No no no...I disagree!

This is Lloyd's thread with an assist by many. It should not be closed.

We can try to do better to place posts under the specific topics on other threads..entertainment , T pool etc..but this and the VT's Where's My Cabin are the mainstays!

We have all been enjoying the posts and I hope things stay civil!

I agree with you 110%. Lloyd555 and Vtcruising threads sure stay.

I agree with you 110%. Lloyd555 and Vtcruising threads sure stay.
I not going anywhere soon.

Well, I'll stay until someone asks for the 5th time 'What nights are formal on a 7 day cruise.' Then I'm out of here! [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I not going anywhere soon.

Well, I'll stay until someone asks for the 5th time 'What nights are formal on a 7 day cruise.' Then I'm out of here! [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thank you for all you have done to guide us through this incredible build since December 3, 2016. As things are winding down on the build, my excitement is ramping up. This thread has been amazing in so many ways and I look forward to reading the posts every day. It is the posters who make this a wonderful thread (with Lloyd as our fearless leader).

This thread has been a long, winding road, taking us through many topics, but maybe that was meant to be. So many people read this thread and it is like a central gathering place to get the latest and greatest info and get the most input when you have questions and concerns. Though occasionally it feels a bit bogged down to me (but those issues were important to others and I'm sure I've bogged it down for others as well), who cares when overall it has been exciting and enlightening (with a little humor and drama thrown in). :D

Lloyd, I am so happy that you will continue to take us through the Edge delivery to X, the crossing and the first cruises and more. You are a class act!! :D

Thank you for all you have done to guide us through this incredible build since December 3, 2016. As things are winding down on the build, my excitement is ramping up. This thread has been amazing in so many ways and I look forward to reading the posts every day. It is the posters who make this a wonderful thread (with Lloyd as our fearless leader).

This thread has been a long, winding road, taking us through many topics, but maybe that was meant to be. So many people read this thread and it is like a central gathering place to get the latest and greatest info and get the most input when you have questions and concerns. Though occasionally it feels a bit bogged down to me (but those issues were important to others and I'm sure I've bogged it down for others as well), who cares when overall it has been exciting and enlightening (with a little humor and drama thrown in). [emoji3]

Lloyd, I am so happy that you will continue to take us through the Edge delivery to X, the crossing and the first cruises and more. You are a class act!! [emoji3]

Well Said! Thank you Lloyd and VT! This has been an amazing journey with you all and I have enjoyed every post.

I sent an email to Celebrity One Touch about the T Pool. I wanted to purchase a Thermal Spa and T Pool pass for my husband's birthday which is coming up soon, but wanted to know if the T Pool is a real thing first. I sent them the following, which was on my Cruise Planner. Someone called me back yesterday and she had called 4 different people to see about the T Pool and couldn't confirm it. She said they keep them in the dark about upcoming reveals so that it was still a possibility, but said that at this point there was no info on it and I might want to hold off on my purchase.

I don't think we have to worry about the T Pool being the solarium pool since they are selling passes for it. My guess is that they wouldn't charge admission to the solarium, but who knows?

I was going to post this on the T Pool thread, but since someone brought it up here, I posted it here. This is the most highly read Edge thread so many get their info from this thread.

enhance

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting. Of course Celebrity has already completed the Spa Reveal so I don't anticipation anything being added to it. Absolutely no mention of a Thalassotherapy Pool (t-pool) and I really don't see a space for one looking at the diagram of the spa on the deck plan. As you mention they would not charge for the Solarium Pool so seems unlikely that is the T-pool but who knows? Are the Solarium pools on the M-Class and S-Class ships considered T-Pools? I'm never quite sure what officially defines one and of course no T-Pool exists inside the spa on either of those classes either. One interesting thing is that Celebrity is dropping Canyon Ranch for EDGE and going back with Steiner, which is going under the name One Spa World these days. I believe the rest of the Celebrity fleet will follow. So the T-Pool seems to remain a mystery.

I agree.THANKS GUYS!

..They and others provided more info than we learned from X.

.yes there has been some blending of topics and crossover but mostly quite well organized!

Cruises cost thousands of dollars so I like to know what to expect..Saves the " deer in headlights look" that we see many display on board.

h - I Am sure that I will look like a 'Deer in headlights look' upon boarding The Edge for the first time...

Even with all of the advance info and prep.. :p

bon voyage

A little awhile ago everybody here was congratulating each other about this great thread and how nice and civilized it was. It seems it has taken a recent turn so I hope we can get back to its intent - ie., learning about the new ship.

I hope LLoyd starts an "APEX Blocks are in the House" thread soon!

I, for one, never want to lose that "deer in the headlights look" for any cruise ship! It is always the planning and anticipation that make booking a cruise and spending all that money worthwhile. We have all booked whatever stateroom/suite we wanted or could afford. In this case, it is probably not about the destinations, it is all about the journey and the Edge! So, whether your bed is near the bathroom or not, faces forward, aft or outward, and regardless of which furniture you have on your balcony, I am willing to bet you will enjoy your Edge experience. I know that even though the chandelier over the Martini Bar is not my style, it will not keep me from enjoying my cruise and my experiences in the Grand Plaza. There is so much new to see, those little 'inconveniences' will seem minor, I hope.

Meanwhile, Bon Voyage, everyone!

~Barbara~

I have enjoyed this thread.... learned a lot about how cruise ships are constructed and the unique features of the Edge. If people don't like the thread they can start their own.... I frequently search back to find old photos and previous posts. One persons criticism is another's observation. VT I remember a post from you many months ago thanking people for being civil. I hope we can return to those days. I for one am not particularly interested in the suite discussions... since I am not in one... but I read them or skip them... without comment... Who am I to say that this or that shouldn't be discussed or is nit picky. Anyway... I look forward to Apex. Warning.... to some.... there may be comments about how the two ships compare and whether or not that is an improvement... just saying. I look forward to the reviews... it will be interesting to see how the IV go over. As I have noted earlier. I seldom sit on regular balcony because I burn so easily... I am hoping that I can enjoy this type better... I will let you know if I get a sunburn :)

I have enjoyed this thread.... learned a lot about how cruise ships are constructed and the unique features of the Edge. If people don't like the thread they can start their own.... I frequently search back to find old photos and previous posts. One persons criticism is another's observation. VT I remember a post from you many months ago thanking people for being civil. I hope we can return to those days. I for one am not particularly interested in the suite discussions... since I am not in one... but I read them or skip them... without comment... Who am I to say that this or that shouldn't be discussed or is nit picky. Anyway... I look forward to Apex. Warning.... to some.... there may be comments about how the two ships compare and whether or not that is an improvement... just saying. I look forward to the reviews... it will be interesting to see how the IV go over. As I have noted earlier. I seldom sit on regular balcony because I burn so easily... I am hoping that I can enjoy this type better... I will let you know if I get a sunburn :)

Ditto! Well said, Kearney! When I saw the post about Apex my first reaction was that there is probably no way possible that all our comments regarding in-stateroom storage could have been taken into account and acted upon, since no one has actually sailed on Edge yet. That is too bad, because if it is going to be a problem, it will continue to be one on Apex, etc. I remember doing a TA on Silhouette, and that over the bed storage area was useless to me, because I am short and could not comfortably reach it. The good thing is that my cruise mate and good friend was tall, so she used it, and I got the lower, reachable areas. The compromise did not affect the overall enjoyment of the cruise for either of us. It was, again, a minor inconvenience.

Enjoy your IV and Bon Voyage!

~Barbara~

I don’t recall seeing this photo before. Maybe it’s from a brochure that I haven’t seen. Love the artwork (mosaics?) and the gold lines in ceiling could be what the agent meant when she told Vt to “look up”.

2ab7b8b0d3028485e18541649b41ef4b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice find. I haven't seen that rendering either. Looks like the entrance to Eden on Deck 5.

This thread has been a long, winding road, taking us through many topics, but maybe that was meant to be. So many people read this thread and it is like a central gathering place to get the latest and greatest info and get the most input when you have questions and concerns. Though occasionally it feels a bit bogged down to me (but those issues were important to others and I'm sure I've bogged it down for others as well), who cares when overall it has been exciting and enlightening (with a little humor and drama thrown in). :D

Lloyd, I am so happy that you will continue to take us through the Edge delivery to X, the crossing and the first cruises and more. You are a class act!! :D

Very well said.

I don’t think we can thank Lloyd enough for his contribution to this new build but also many of the other RCCL new builds. As I have stated before, RCCL owes him a big thanks. When there are no updates and news from the Cruise line, he has kept us engaged and interested. I for one can say that I have learnt a lot from following such threads.

So thanks again to Lloyd, VT and others for the contribution and keeping us informed and keeping it interesting.

Very well said.

I don’t think we can thank Lloyd enough for his contribution to this new build but also many of the other RCCL new builds. As I have stated before, RCCL owes him a big thanks. When there are no updates and news from the Cruise line, he has kept us engaged and interested. I for one can say that I have learnt a lot from following such threads.

So thanks again to Lloyd, VT and others for the contribution and keeping us informed and keeping it interesting.

(y)