Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Looked back at the photos.

Seems the larger nightstand will be closest to the Veranda in bed by balc cabins which is what we have......assuming they will all face the same way...

But it also looks like the telephone will be on the larger nightstand...thus it will be over by the Veranda door across to the other side of the bed.

.Wonder if they will have 2 phones?

Hope someone who has our same cabin posts to the Sticky before January

Some photos show the edge of the bed is curved, which will help, plus getting the table slid in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Again, as said many times, thank you and great pictures of the BIG BLUE BOAT. Indeed, so many more reveals are coming forth.

Here's what I am seeing.

The balcony chairs are extremely comfortable, guaranteed. I hope they are not affixed to the balcony floor. Bluefish Martini in hand, I sometimes like to open wide, turn the chairs around and enjoy the view looking toward my cabin door.

Love the bathroom setup. I called X and asked to have a longer extension for the shower head. No problem they said. Being a multi-tasker, I can shower and use the toilet simultaneously. Big time saver when it's crunch time.

The outlet box is a great idea. I see it as additional storage for my travel size liquids.

Picture of Edge going backwards...cool. My Celebrity source tells me that every seventh Edge cruise will be backwards in it's entirety and the ports visited in reverse to match. I hope that I did not let the cat out of the bag here.

I'm certainly glad you folks got me looking for stuff. I like cruisin' outside the box.

Thanks for these...

To me it still looks like cheapo motel furniture that won' t last very long..Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe I am wrong?

Once I know the color of the bedding and accents they use , I can decide if I need to bring a throw or something to make it feel more homey for our stay.

We spend time in our stateroom so we want it to be less sterile and more comfy feeling.

I was in a Veranda cabin on Silhouette this summer, and the Edge cabinetry doesn’t appear to be lower quality (though it’s impossible to accurately assess construction quality based solely on photos). The S-class cabinetry is a warmer, darker color, which is more appealing to many. I’m not bothered by the lighter tones, though I do hope for a few bright accents. I honestly cannot fathom why Celebrity would waste money on shoddy construction that would require more frequent replacement, so I don’t believe they have made such a foolish decision in this case.

Edited by Silkroad

Too funny!

Maybe they'd be good for bridge or mah jong..not so much for curling up with a kindl or to watch the sea go by!

Do you have a photo of chairs and for the outdoor balcony staterooms,

Looks like the same chairs...

33ee692a1082daec86636014a1512c31.jpg

Anyone else think the balcony looks smaller? Maybe it's the size of the chairs, which I agree aren't the best for lounging.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

AQ cabin on Equinox: 194 sq ft, / balcony 54 sq ft ...bathroom...unknown

AQ cabin on EDGE: 201 sq ft / inf Veranda 42 sq ft.....bathroom..unknown

Suite balc chairs look much nicer than AQ ones on trvl website depictions...we'll check them out on our cabin crawl...

Depictions in some travel sites show the contrast color to be a dark burgundy..diff from similar ( but nicer) color on S Class but at least some color..

A few old cal pages of flowers and birds taped up (gently) on walls will look nice if art work is sparse.,

Edited by hcat

Thanks, Lloyd! The closet looks a little bigger than the video. The drawers in the closet look good-sized and the bedside table has lots of room. The only thing I don't care for is the toilet placement - looks a little claustrophobic. ;)

I agree on the toilet - anyone with broad shoulders or over 5'2" and 135lbs is gonna have issues with it I think :rolleyes: Yet another case of these high profile designers just not being in touch who who the actual end user of the product is. The EDGE has many visually stunning spaces, but it really seems an exercise in form over function.

Thanks for these...

To me it still looks like cheapo motel furniture that won' t last very long..Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe I am wrong?

Once I know the color of the bedding and accents they use , I can decide if I need to bring a throw or something to make it feel more homey for our stay.

We spend time in our stateroom so we want it to be less sterile and more comfy feeling.

This is the color I have seen the most, which I like :D

enhance

The S1's have less pop of color, but I love blue. It's all good! :D

enhance

We'll see what Kelly H decides to use for the final colors.

Sorry everyone, this is not a not a vessel with curb appeal to me. It's got a funny looking hull, its got a very bulky stack tower, its got an awfully ugly starboard elevation that looks like it is partially unfinished and with permanent scaffolding, the hump has a roller coaster overdone prismatic window line....

Years ago a Blue hull on X ships was decimated...I don't mind the color now or then, but overall, the sum of all of the parts sure is not classic beauty, or even Edgy....

It really lacks symmetry...

:o

Picture1.png

I am still dumbfounded by the french doors...

The purpose of any door is to partition rooms, spaces, for one. It usually serves the purpose by light, air, and sound insulation, right?

We pretty much established that for IV (picture above) the french doors will not separate the rest of the cabin from the light.

Now it appears that they won't be either airtight or soundproof - look at the gaps...

So what's the point of having those?

Some are swearing to bring the curtains with rods. Now duct tape seems to be appropriate to seal those edge gaps...

Seems we actually have booked a panoramic window cabin with an operable window...that converts to a balcony ( sort of) when open.

I think the inner doors will be useful if you sit on the veranda with the window open...

Would have preferred some type of drapery or sheers that could be pulled across the inside doors. They would block the light and soften sound...

I am still dumbfounded by the french doors...

The purpose of any door is to partition rooms, spaces, for one. It usually serves the purpose by light, air, and sound insulation, right?

We pretty much established that for IV (picture above) the french doors will not separate the rest of the cabin from the light.

Now it appears that they won't be either airtight or soundproof - look at the gaps...

So what's the point of having those?

Some are swearing to bring the curtains with rods. Now duct tape seems to be appropriate to seal those edge gaps...

Are you sure that the 'gaps' are really worth being upset by? Especially if/when one can shut the verandah windows as added protection against noise and wind?

Would you normally keep your balcony doors open on a M or S class ship in X's fleet? I would think not.

I Am sure we will have reports, soon, about how much of an issue the gaps are...

Minor, I Am sure, at worst...

bon voyage

Sorry everyone, this is not a not a vessel with curb appeal to me. It's got a funny looking hull, its got a very bulky stack tower, its got an awfully ugly starboard elevation that looks like it is partially unfinished and with permanent scaffolding, the hump has a roller coaster overdone prismatic window line....

Years ago a Blue hull on X ships was decimated...I don't mind the color now or then, but overall, the sum of all of the parts sure is not classic beauty, or even Edgy....

It really lacks symmetry...

:o

Sorry The Edge coloring and exterior design has no curb appeal for you, yet I must say that it does have a lot of port appeal to me!

I cannot wait, along with others, to board to see the interior(s) and experience the top decks and newly introduced venues.

If all that is what we anticipate and expect, just as long as the boat floats and goes full speed ahead, then all is well in our sailing world...

bon voyage

In terms of the nightstands, the "curved" one seems to be an odd piece on the picture posted by Lloyd, from several angles.

Picture_2.png

This rounded cabin corner called the stand to follow the curve, but the only place this stand could be used is right there (in the cabin layout with bed next to balcony).

When the bed is next to closet, only two rectangular ones will be used, like this one:

Picture_3.png

Someone asked how this curved stand could be used in cabins with separated beds; the answer is they will swap those, using two rectangular.

While I was looking at these recent IV pictures, I found an interesting detail.

The alternate bed placement actually affects the a/c outlet positioning, and - I believe - will affect the airflow in the room.

In all cabins, the a/c outlet is positioned on the wall right next to the closet, regardless of the bed position. It means that in rooms where the bed is closer to the closet, the a/c duct will be above the bed, blowing in the wall across the room and bouncing back to bed; also - as some of you may have noticed - in humid climate the a/c duct tends to accumulate moisture and sometimes drip a bit, so the drops would fall on the bed :)

However, when the bed is at the french door, the outlet is above the couch, like here:

Picture_4.png

Not that it is a big deal, but just an observation. I am sure it is a quirk of the marriage between interior design and tech design, but as you remember, on S ships the a/c duct is located above the closet and the position of the bed is not affected by that.

To sum on, if I would choose now the IV cabin, I'd take the one with bed near the balcony.

Bigger nightstand, less airflow from a/c.

Sorry The Edge coloring and exterior design has no curb appeal for you, yet I must say that it does have a lot of port appeal to me!

I cannot wait, along with others, to board to see the interior(s) and experience the top decks and newly introduced venues.

If all that is what we anticipate and expect, just as long as the boat floats and goes full speed ahead, then all is well in our sailing world...

bon voyage

Yes, my eye is a bit different than yours and I too look forward to saling her but am cautious about the blind hype. Outside and In.

The excitement is building.

So drinks are out....we like to be with people who listen to and hear differences and toss them about rather than quash them as insignifigant at the get go.

Edited by MizDemeanor