Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

16 hours ago, kearney said:

We use Elite 90 minutes of wifi to check email a few times during trip. Otherwise we do not use the phone. DH will carry it for photos... but to be honest... most of my slacks don't have pockets... and I don't carry a purse around onboard. HCat... do you purchase wifi for just a few emails? Or are you like us and just use the Elite 90 minutes.   I wonder if..... once connected to new app onboard.... if you can send texts iphone to iphone. That was the case with Royal IQ... at least for a time... then it stopped for me.. but DH could still do it... Read that someplace and tried it... mostly just to test it out

16 hours ago, hcat said:

Believe it or not, I enjoy using my camera for cruise photography and for basic ship photos, I already have many EDGE photos downloaded from various non -copyrighted sources

Wifi is  for the tablet which is used fo a few e mails home, and reading

We enjoy not being tethered to our phones..,enhances conversation and relaxation,!  Not much need for the phone in the pool, spa or restaurants!

Conversation?? What is that? Seems like conversation and writing are things of the past. No one talks any more they just sit at the table and text. Sorry...just showing my age. I remember going without TV, ATM's, cel phones etc...amazing how we ever got to where we are.

OMG how did we ever travel before? 

Charles

Edited by ChazR

12 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

I think this forum would be classified as "criticism" or "news" in the manner that we share information here, so that would fall under fair use. But I guess since there is some gray area there they just want to err on the side of caution to avoid even the small possibility of liability against the site.

This is a message board and no media/press. So here there´s no news reporting - therefore no "fair use". Same for "criticism". Most of the photos posted here don´t even show the original source.

steamboats

11 hours ago, hcat said:

Fellow Cruisers who are not  professionals in travel, journalism  or photography are great non copyrighted source..

Actually no! VT has the copyright on her photos. There´s nothing like a non copyrighted photo. It has nothing to do whether you take a photo as a professional or a private person. VT might have allowed the users to download the photo for personal use. But it´s still copyrighted and you just use it with her permission.

steamboats

If I may change the (somewhat heated :)) subject back to the more curiosity-based, I still did not find any of the confirmation - unless I just missed it somehow here... - regarding the possibility to close the motorized blinds in IV staterooms partially down. All what I saw so far (videos) shows either all the way up (open) or all the way down (closed). Meanwhile, this (partial) closing could be quite useful...

Same goes about the sash (outside glass panel) - although that one I would have preferred to have only fully opened or fully closed for safety considerations (and not by the master from the bridge!!! :classic_laugh:

7 hours ago, ChazR said:

Conversation?? What is that? Seems like conversation and writing are things of the past. No one talks any more they just sit at the table and text. Sorry...just showing my age. I remember going without TV, ATM's, cel phones etc...amazing how we ever got to where we are.

Charles

Yup.....I use these other than ATMs  to serve me and find them very handy but not obsessed!

23 hours ago, kearney said:

We use Elite 90 minutes of wifi to check email a few times during trip. Otherwise we do not use the phone. DH will carry it for photos... but to be honest... most of my slacks don't have pockets... and I don't carry a purse around onboard. HCat... do you purchase wifi for just a few emails? Or are you like us and just use the Elite 90 minutes.   I wonder if..... once connected to new app onboard.... if you can send texts iphone to iphone. That was the case with Royal IQ... at least for a time... then it stopped for me.. but DH could still do it... Read that someplace and tried it... mostly just to test it out

Hi Kearney

Not  planning to use the app on board..We do  each get the E + minutes....but not planning to text my dh on board...We send a few e mails home...or  call from ports in our plan..I just carry my card and camera and a small wristlet or very small shoulder bag...Lo Tech!

Edited by hcat

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

Actually no! VT has the copyright on her photos. There´s nothing like a non copyrighted photo. It has nothing to do whether you take a photo as a professional or a private person. VT might have allowed the users to download the photo for personal use. But it´s still copyrighted and you just use it with her permission.

steamboats

I am not a copyright / trademark expert,  which I thought required applications, but I think I am okay...Interesting topic but I'm moving on.....

25 minutes ago, dides said:

Looks like Kelly Hoppen has arrived in time for the christening:

@kellyhoppen 

#mondaymood  just arrived to set sail and check out my designs on board the brand new @celebritycruises... feeing very proud, you CAN achieve anything when you believe and invest in yourself

Hopefully someone let’s her know her Sky Suite veranda furniture is #fail.

Edited by WonderMan3
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ChazR said:

Charles

Charles, I basically agree. One reason we began cruising was so I could honestly tell my boss that there was no practical way to contact me while I was on vacation. It was a great way to really get away. We don't get internet while on board... however, we have a house sitter... so I tell her that I will check email halfway through the cruise using Elite free internet minutes... and then I check again the day before we return... mostly to print out boarding pass. Beyond that... we don't use it. I will admit testing the Royal IQ app.. which apparently has a glitch which allows texting from one iphone to another...off ship. It actually worked... at least initially. I too am older... I recall being at the restaurant in Charlotte Amalie... that is right by the water... it may be called the Greenhouse or something similar... we were enjoying lunch ... when we saw a table of 20 somethings from our ship. All were glued to their phones.... no one talked or interacted with each other.  What I find ironic is that apparently younger people prefer spending their money on experiences vs stuff... like houses, cars etc.... but my question is... if buried in your phone and recording everything as a selfie... are you really having an experience? How often do you see an event and everyone is filming vs actually experiencing the event... kinda like.. "I have to see the video to see if I had a good time". On the other hand... my wedding was recorded on a reel to reel tape recorder... it would have been nice to have had video 🙂 

6 hours ago, marylander2 said:

If I may change the (somewhat heated :)) subject back to the more curiosity-based, I still did not find any of the confirmation - unless I just missed it somehow here... - regarding the possibility to close the motorized blinds in IV staterooms partially down. All what I saw so far (videos) shows either all the way up (open) or all the way down (closed). Meanwhile, this (partial) closing could be quite useful...

Same goes about the sash (outside glass panel) - although that one I would have preferred to have only fully opened or fully closed for safety considerations (and not by the master from the bridge!!! :classic_laugh:

Asked DH sitting next to me:

- blinds - they only have to ways open or closed, no half way up

- glass panel - stops when you get off the button, so it can be half way down too

steamboats

4 hours ago, hcat said:

I am not a copyright / trademark expert,  which I thought required applications, but I think I am okay...Interesting topic but I'm moving on.....

You are o.k. for private use.

Just wanted to point out that there is nothing like "non copyrighted" regarding photos.

steamboats

Are you kidding me... the blinds are either fully open or fully closed? I don't know about you ... but when in Nassau parked next to another ship... I like to be able to change with some privacy.... normally I pull a curtain enough to allow light but some privacy. I was hoping with the blinds I could at least lower them to ...say two feet from bottom... to allow both some light and some privacy.

Steamboats = thanks for clarifying, but this is quite disappointing. I would prefer the other way around - the glass panel ONLY up or down but the blinds stop anywhere I want (kearney!). If it is only up or down - it means fully closed in ports like St. Maarten etc. where the boats are parked like in the Disney parking lot! = meaning close it down and use elegant (half-lit) lighting inside the room. 

Really odd engineering solution...

Sorry, I can just tell you what DH told me... don´t kill the messenger :classic_laugh:! DH also thought that it would be nice to have the blinds half way down and tried it. But no way. He also said that the material of the blinds is pretty delicate (he said more "paper like") and that his cabin steward told him they had to replace blinds already.

steamboats

23 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Sorry, I can just tell you what DH told me... don´t kill the messenger :classic_laugh:! DH also thought that it would be nice to have the blinds half way down and tried it. But no way. He also said that the material of the blinds is pretty delicate (he said more "paper like") and that his cabin steward told him they had to replace blinds already.

steamboats

I hope they have a good supply of blinds, if they already had to replace some.  Woudn't want to be in a cabin without blinds. It is a shame you can pull them down a little bit.

Edited by ecslady

OOps I posted this on wrong thread..... I hear that if you use the button by the window the shades can be controlled... so not either open or closed.... but other controls do cause the shade to be either fully open or fully closed

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

For those not getting enough (copyrighted) photos - my DH has his multi piece article up including 31 360° photos and an extensive gallery. Sorry, the text is in German.

steamboats

Thanks Steamboat for the nice informative pictures. I am looking forward to my 

Cruise...Rose I also read your German article, very good indeed..thank you.

Edited by Fun Redhead
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, steamboats said:

Asked DH sitting next to me:

- blinds - they only have to ways open or closed, no half way up

- glass panel - stops when you get off the button, so it can be half way down too

steamboats

The blind goes as far up or down as you like if you use the control panel in the veranda. If you use the app or the panel in the room, it automatically goes all the way up or down

9 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Hopefully someone let’s her know her Sky Suite veranda furniture is #fail.

I totally agree...she has overdone pillows and." underdone " suitable furniture.

.Enclosed veranda rooms as well!