Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

482f90a94a7974db804918af7b29b51a.jpg

29e3930af06a6c22e7185407b395b290.jpg

31d0a814cc3cb77629fa0fab41b906e9.jpg

Lloyd - Thanks for these great shots.

Looking at the first two photos, the first as he straps himself up while on top of the Magic Carpet orange frame, the second as he swings himself into place near the cabana area and under the frame, you really appreciate and get a true sense of the hard work these crew do. The third photo just makes you feel like sitting on your balcony and watching the sun set. Very cool.

Thanks to those people who have posted great photos and information regarding the Edge. Getting very excited for May next year! I have not seen any photos or seen any descriptions of the lifts. ( Did I miss anything?) We love the open glass lifts on the Solstice class ships. Will the Edge lifts be glass? Thank you if anyone has information on these.

Based on the renderings and on the deck plans - no.

S class ships have a huge opening from top to bottom in the center of the elevator bundle, where the trees are hanging; they are inverted (elevator doors are facing outward, to the sides of the ship), and thus it is convenient for them to have glass walls facing the drop - and designers used this opportunity to the fullest, with all the nice decor of the library, game room etc.). Edge has a traditional setting - if you look on the deck plans, there are only 2-3 decks where you could potentially see anything outside the elevator shaft. The rest of the decks are just the stateroom decks. So in a way the Edge elevators all will be like the S class forward elevators.

Based on the renderings and on the deck plans - no.

S class ships have a huge opening from top to bottom in the center of the elevator bundle, where the trees are hanging; they are inverted (elevator doors are facing outward, to the sides of the ship), and thus it is convenient for them to have glass walls facing the drop - and designers used this opportunity to the fullest, with all the nice decor of the library, game room etc.). Edge has a traditional setting - if you look on the deck plans, there are only 2-3 decks where you could potentially see anything outside the elevator shaft. The rest of the decks are just the stateroom decks. So in a way the Edge elevators all will be like the S class forward elevators.

Thanks for your detailed considered response. Yes, looks like you are right. Cheers

That sounds really interesting. Maybe the Edge will have something similar. I hope the doors don't open and close too quickly though - after a cocktail I may not get in the elevator in time. ;)

I hope not either!

The elevators are actually working quite well on CARNIVAL HORIZON. The true indicator will be if they keep them on the next new build, CARNIVAL PANORAMA. They actually involve less waiting and get you to your deck quicker. The only real negative, as with anything new, is there is a learning curve. It takes people a day or two to get used to them, but once they do they are really efficient.

I wish EDGE had them but I don't think so, or they probably would have been mentioned. Being that EDGE is so "cutting edge", having the latest and greatest elevators would have made sense.

All the new renderings look very sleek and elegant, but I can't help but feel "meh" - the lack of color in the fabrics, carpets, woods, etc. is all too "greige" and monotone. I'm hopeful that the finished product will have more pops of color and visual interest than the renderings and construction photos are showing.

All the new renderings look very sleek and elegant, but I can't help but feel "meh" - the lack of color in the fabrics, carpets, woods, etc. is all too "greige" and monotone. I'm hopeful that the finished product will have more pops of color and visual interest than the renderings and construction photos are showing.

I thought this exact thing about Viking. And MSC, and we are booked on two MSC cruises the we will cancel.

And then it was decided that we should trust Celebrity to show us a good time and the way....

I love the floors. I also vote for doors! :D

Look carefully at the right sides of the open stalls - there are your full length solid color doors. They are just open to show you the inside. :D I didn't want you awake all night worrying!

I actually love the neutral look of the decor. To me it's very high style and on trend with what I'm seeing at very high end resorts and hotels. It just so happens to be very much to my personal taste as well, so I'm pretty happy with it. I know it won't please everyone and thats ok, but that is how it works with decor. It's so subjective just like food. Ask 10 people and get 10 completely different opinions.

I actually love the neutral look of the decor. To me it's very high style and on trend with what I'm seeing at very high end resorts and hotels. It just so happens to be very much to my personal taste as well, so I'm pretty happy with it. I know it won't please everyone and thats ok, but that is how it works with decor. It's so subjective just like food. Ask 10 people and get 10 completely different opinions.

Can’t agree more and my guess is more color and colorful art will be added.

I too like very much today’s neutral look.

Katie

Can’t agree more and my guess is more color and colorful art will be added.

I too like very much today’s neutral look.

Katie

I think so too. Some brilliant accent colors and Celebrity’s usual vibrant, contemporary, and whimsical artwork should bring it all together. Really add the pop of color where needed.

I think so too. Some brilliant accent colors and Celebrity’s usual vibrant, contemporary, and whimsical artwork should bring it all together. Really add the pop of color where needed.

There’s that pic on the wall hanging in the cabins recently posted by the press, is it a pillow mauling something on the beach, plenty of red?;)

There’s that pic on the wall hanging in the cabins recently posted by the press, is it a pillow mauling something on the beach, plenty of red?;)

Lol. I’ll have to look for that one. Did I say “whimsical” artwork??? [emoji23]