Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I am wondering how much the big elevator blocks the view from cabins on that starboard side.

Thanks for starting this Lloyd.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, looking at what Lloyd has just posted (thanks Lloyd :)), those cabins aft of the mid ship structure will possibly be unable to see much forward of the protruding orange beams/bars. I don't think I'd like to be in the cabins/suites directly around the structure either.

Yes, looking at what Lloyd has just posted (thanks Lloyd :)), those cabins aft of the mid ship structure will possibly be unable to see much forward of the protruding orange beams/bars. I don't think I'd like to be in the cabins/suites directly around the structure either.

that's where Celebrity originally put us before I could see the deck plans, got that moved pretty quick to the other side :)

Lloyd

Are you doing, or going to do a Facebook page for Edge similar to Oasis class?

Cheers

Tom

There is already a Celebrity Edge FB page - "Celebrity Edge & Oasis 5". I contribute to it. :)

Is that different than the Oasis 5 group? I'm on that one.

Thanks

Yes. Two different classes. The admin decided to make a FB group for both (being built at the same shipyard, STX France). Celebrity Edge's blocks are being built now. Should see more of its blocks appearing in the yard in photos. :)

DH had the pleasure to attend the Edge event yesterday. They were able to go into the mockup cabins and "walk" over the pool deck (virtual with VR glasses). Here are some "real" photos of the cabin inlcuding a 360° photo of the cabin. There´s more to come but not until the weekend.

steamboats

We just booked her for January 13, 2019. We love starboard side but not this time around. Can't determine what that would do to your cabin so better safe than sorry. Eastern works great for us and we get off Edge and walk over the Silhouette on January 20th. Lots to celebrate on this cruise, our 50th, hubby's 76th birthday, then all over again on Silhouette. Life is good, now we look forward to watching them build her. Thanks so much for doing this post. It's exciting. We watched Silhouette and boarded her in her inaugural year also.:D

Lloyd - makes me so happy to see this thread because it makes me reminisce about the countdown to Quantum! Thanks for posting your awesome finds - your detective work never ceases to amaze me.

We just booked her for January 13, 2019. We love starboard side but not this time around. Can't determine what that would do to your cabin so better safe than sorry. Eastern works great for us and we get off Edge and walk over the Silhouette on January 20th. Lots to celebrate on this cruise, our 50th, hubby's 76th birthday, then all over again on Silhouette. Life is good, now we look forward to watching them build her. Thanks so much for doing this post. It's exciting. We watched Silhouette and boarded her in her inaugural year also.:D

We just booked on your sailing last night.

Time to start a Rollcall?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DH had the pleasure to attend the Edge event yesterday. They were able to go into the mockup cabins and "walk" over the pool deck (virtual with VR glasses). Here are some "real" photos of the cabin inlcuding a 360° photo of the cabin. There´s more to come but not until the weekend.

steamboats

Thanks for posting the link. The area for the balcony doesn't look that big - the chairs are resting against the bi-folding doors. It reminds me more of an OV with a moveable window in the interactive 360 degree room view. Looking forward to seeing more of your photos at the weekend :).