Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

2 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

No, I have not been wowed by the style so far from seeing the Penthouse or bit of the Royal Suite. Iconic Suite was kind of messy still so can’t fully judge. Not necessarily the best lighting in these photos we’ve seen so far so hopefully they look better in full daylight or full room lighting.

I have to say I have found Edge a bit anticlimactic overall from all the photos that have been coming out. It honestly doesn’t look that much different from S-class and there really isn’t much that’s “cutting edge” that I’ve seen. I’m sure I will have a comfortable and enjoyable cruise as I always do with Celebrity but I guess I was just expecting a bit more based on how much they have hyped this ship.

Hope you will do a review..

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, hcat said:

Okay..they look very familiar but what are they ? We really need to get our  hands on the art folio asap,,  Hope they not in the spa either....

What are they? They appear to be carved wood (though the photo is grainy enough that they could be made of some other material). The figure on the left is sporting draperies similar to Greek and Roman statues found in any major art museum. My first thought was, Cool! Riemenschneider meets Picasso plus a mystery artist. Tell you what, if none of you like them, and nobody likes that Penthouse Suite, feel free to have the captain move me, along with the statues, polar bear and penguin, into the suite😈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

What are they? They appear to be carved wood (though the photo is grainy enough that they could be made of some other material). The figure on the left is sporting draperies similar to Greek and Roman statues found in any major art museum. My first thought was, Cool! Riemenschneider meets Picasso plus a mystery artist. Tell you what, if none of you like them, and nobody likes that Penthouse Suite, feel free to have the captain move me, along with the statues, polar bear and penguin, into the suite😈

I will gladly join you, but can I have the puppy too? :classic_smile:

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I will gladly join you, but can I have the puppy too? :classic_smile:

Yes! Lloyd posted just before I did, but when I went back to add the puppy to my list, CC went wacko😂 I would have added Mr. Edge too, but he seems like a fellow who prefers open spaces😁

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Thanks for this video,,..

It is lovely... great decor, love the crystal, lalique looking items, chairs look comfy......AND  best of all the  regular and special menu  choices  seem first rate as well. Hope they have the nice Italian music like the existing Tuscan...For an included MDR..not bad!

We have 2 nights booked there for our Nov cruise....I may reprise the b-day dress for a  belated Anniv Dinner at Tuscan,.,,nice wine, good food.....romance!

Looks like I confused Tuscan (Italian) with Normandy.(French).oops.Sorry about that!

But they both look great as do the Cypress (Greek) and the Cosmopolitan....so many options..We have 2 nights booked at each..plus 1 night for Specialty

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, Silkroad - I am intrigued by them. I initially thought of Handmaid's Tale, but now I can see beyond that - I love art that makes me think and feel, which is what these do for me. :classic_smile:

That was my first thought, then aliens , then antiquities,  but  other elements also valid impressions...we,,'ll  find the little   brass plaques once we board.. Seems like so much "art.."

.guess that's why the cabins were  left so spare....to free our minds from all  the stimulation..

5 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Have we met these two ladies yet?

image.png.a51780f9db2022023d96a06944876cbf.png

I think they go with the Horse.

Maybe they are the stableman's daughters

["She was only the stableman's daughter, but all the horsemen knew 'er"]

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Where is the gold leaf panelling from the original Normandie ship and the old Normandie restaurant on Summit?

Normandie  - I can't wait to see that restaurant!

"Normandie Restaurant

With ties to our elegant Murano specialty restaurant on many of our ships and a nostalgic nod to Celebrity Summit® (wooden panels from the ship are incorporated into the design), Normandie Restaurant features contemporary French cuisine in a modern, upscale, refined space that evokes the romance of springtime in Paris."

image.png.0708814dfea5577831939d8f39cdc960.png

11 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Normandie  - I can't wait to see that restaurant!

"Normandie Restaurant

With ties to our elegant Murano specialty restaurant on many of our ships and a nostalgic nod to Celebrity Summit® (wooden panels from the ship are incorporated into the design), Normandie Restaurant features contemporary French cuisine in a modern, upscale, refined space that evokes the romance of springtime in Paris."

image.png.0708814dfea5577831939d8f39cdc960.png

I don't know what that is, but it isn't the panelling from the Normandie restaurant on Summit:

P1010602.jpg

9 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Based on this photo, I am not liking the Infinite veranda.  The window does not appear to go down all the way, which leaves the height too high for comfortable viewing if standing at the rail.  Especially if you are short!

And based on this video, at the 3:28 mark, it appears that they are already having trouble with the windows.  Notice the maintenance guy banging on the window, and many only 1/4 down.

The only "guy" who is banging on anything at 3:28 mark in the video is the polar bear on Deck 7 lolol

I suggest to call him EDGAR = EDGe beAR

However, on a serious side, I believe that installing IV panels/sashes instead of the normal balcony doors is a gimmick and it will eventually cause Celebrity trouble... I mentioned here a while back that for sure there will be malfunctions of the sashes (not closing completely or getting stuck at some height) - maybe not immediately, not frequently, but there will be some. It is hard to expect that all these motor-driven panels will function flawlessly for years of operation.

They should have a manual override allowing to at least seal the windows. Imagine if you have that thing in your room stuck, and the ship is in the open sea, and there is rain+wind... Changing stateroom (if they have a spare) is the least of the troubles in this case.

But I am excited, as the rest of the gang here is ))))

25 minutes ago, marylander2 said:

The only "guy" who is banging on anything at 3:28 mark in the video is the polar bear on Deck 7 lolol

I suggest to call him EDGAR = EDGe beAR

However, on a serious side, I believe that installing IV panels/sashes instead of the normal balcony doors is a gimmick and it will eventually cause Celebrity trouble... I mentioned here a while back that for sure there will be malfunctions of the sashes (not closing completely or getting stuck at some height) - maybe not immediately, not frequently, but there will be some. It is hard to expect that all these motor-driven panels will function flawlessly for years of operation.

They should have a manual override allowing to at least seal the windows. Imagine if you have that thing in your room stuck, and the ship is in the open sea, and there is rain+wind... Changing stateroom (if they have a spare) is the least of the troubles in this case.

But I am excited, as the rest of the gang here is ))))

So far they seem to be working well on the European river cruise ships where this concept was pioneered – but they don't get salt water or heavy seas...  We'll see how it works on Edge.  Remember how the glass windows on M-class ships got all cloudy and haven't been changed in years – hopefully these windows will get more attentive maintenance :classic_smile:

9 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

That's funny! 

I showed my husband and together we determined that the higher height of the mid rail, combined with the lower seating,  may just work better for views out than with some of the other ships verandas!  But looking through double panes of salt crusted windows could prove to be a problem.  We will just have to enjoy the extra room that these verandas offer when the window is up. 🙂

NO. I have yet to cruise her but I am disappointed in my view of the virtual cabins. I wish I had had the fore site to book an FV and therefore be able to enjoy my veranda.....which I am going to sorely miss. In the future I will stick to the M & S class because I enjoy sitting outside and not inside with an outside view. Yes, there are many plus' to the Edge but the extra cost and lack of a balcony are my determining factors.

Charles

5 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

No, I have not been wowed by the style so far from seeing the Penthouse or bit of the Royal Suite. Iconic Suite was kind of messy still so can’t fully judge. Not necessarily the best lighting in these photos we’ve seen so far so hopefully they look better in full daylight or full room lighting.

I have to say I have found Edge a bit anticlimactic overall from all the photos that have been coming out. It honestly doesn’t look that much different from S-class and there really isn’t much that’s “cutting edge” that I’ve seen. I’m sure I will have a comfortable and enjoyable cruise as I always do with Celebrity but I guess I was just expecting a bit more based on how much they have hyped this ship.

Overall Class is out Contemporary is in. Oh well, to each his own.

"Class" is different things to different people.  We would have loved the design of the M-class Celebrity Suites when the ships were new, but now the dark wood is looking dated [not to mention that the cabinetry is worn and the doors are falling off].  Edge looks like a Four Seasons hotel – obviously some prefer Ritz Carlton's more traditional design, but both are undeniably classy [and successful].

• Like 3

I'm a little disappointed to read some of the comments on this board. The ship isnt properly or fully dressed yet. I know people have different tastes and opinions, however it would be nice to hold the negativity until the ship sails for real with paying passengers and we can see the real offer on board and hear their cruise accounts.

I for one like what I see so far, I like the changes in dining, i like modern and innovative art....i wont like everything of course but I will wait to see it for myself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

It honestly doesn’t look that much different from S-class and there really isn’t much that’s “cutting edge” that I’ve seen.

This is some typical cruise critic. S-class! 🤣  Are you serious? Apparently you’re not seeing the photos others have viewed.

🚢👍🏻🌴 you should probably try &keep your comments on the positive side unless you have something nice to say. If that is possible. 

🤷‍♂️Good luck & happy sailing

• Like 2

This ain´t NCC 1701 F, this ain´t the new Starfleet Flag Ship. It´s just another new cruise ship with a whole bunch of new ideas - ideas that will be surpassed by others within three to five years.

This is just another cruise ship where, after the hype is over, we will be hovering through the buffet restaurant every morning, competing with hundreds of others, trying to get the best bite (which is why I will stop doing big ships after my 1st December Edge cruise).

BUT APART FROM THAT, I am really enthusiastic about the pictures I see, about the style I seem to be getting, about the overall feel that I can empathize by now, reading all the details and knowing some of the on board live musicians.

And, besides all of that, I got myself a pretty good deal, so I shall not hang my hopes over the top.

Edge will have a hard time trying to satisfy my wishes as she has to catch up with a 2012 Equinox experience (all other Celebrity experiences after that were mediocre). But I am in some hope she can do that. At least in the very beginning.