Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

1 hour ago, Tough as Leather said:

Noise?! Haven't heard anything yet. Elaborate...

We had a cabin once that was midship eith cabins above and below and heard a horrible noise and couldn’t sleep.  Sounded like a large piece of sheet metal was being shook.  They changed our cabin.  However on the edge it must be all booked up!  Hope not my cabin either!

Lloyd, I wonder if noise could be associated with the windows. Seeing some of the concerns about the mechanics makes me wonder..... There is experience with this type of window on river cruisers.... but river cruise ships do not have the same stresses that an ocean cruiseliner has. I wonder if the flexing is causing noise. If flexing does cause noise... I do wonder if it could also impact the function of the windows over time.  There are a number of new things on the ship... we will have to see how well everything holds up.  We have digital timers for our front door lights... have had to replace them about 5 times over the past dozen years or so... vs never replacing the old fashioned light switch. Technology has a way of freezing up on you periodically... I have expressed concerns... not complaints.... about how well the MC will perform over time. Salt air can be hard on mechanical items... and while it may not impact its ability to move... I wonder about squeaking while in motion... that sort of thing. Hopefully a little grease here and there is all that will be required and hopefully any noise currently being experienced can be addressed easily. But I do wonder about if the IV windows could be the source. VT you will be one of the early visitors... I will be interested in your experiences....  

44 minutes ago, kearney said:

Lloyd, I wonder if noise could be associated with the windows. Seeing some of the concerns about the mechanics makes me wonder..... There is experience with this type of window on river cruisers.... but river cruise ships do not have the same stresses that an ocean cruiseliner has. I wonder if the flexing is causing noise. If flexing does cause noise... I do wonder if it could also impact the function of the windows over time.  There are a number of new things on the ship... we will have to see how well everything holds up.  We have digital timers for our front door lights... have had to replace them about 5 times over the past dozen years or so... vs never replacing the old fashioned light switch. Technology has a way of freezing up on you periodically... I have expressed concerns... not complaints.... about how well the MC will perform over time. Salt air can be hard on mechanical items... and while it may not impact its ability to move... I wonder about squeaking while in motion... that sort of thing. Hopefully a little grease here and there is all that will be required and hopefully any noise currently being experienced can be addressed easily. But I do wonder about if the IV windows could be the source. VT you will be one of the early visitors... I will be interested in your experiences....  

I'm waiting for details. There may be some facts lost in translation.The Club ceiling was mentioned as well in the same message(?!). Apparently the cabins above it are making noise that exceeds (what is acceptable).

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

I think you're correct.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this.  Apex is already planned and in construction.  She will probably be very much like Edge, except for easily changed items such as decor.  Basic engineering and construction are not so easily changed.   [Don't forget, she may not have a Mr. Ed(ge)-type horse.  Possibly a King Kong-type Ape(x)??]

That being said, it is much more likely that Numbers 3 and 4 will benefit from feedback on Edge, because they are still in the planning stage.  Maybe they will be Edge 2.0 versions?   

Edited by beachbunny6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

I'm waiting for details. There may be some facts lost in translation.The Club ceiling was mentioned as well in the same message(?!). Apparently the cabins above it are making noise that exceeds (what is acceptable).

Well, that's probably only fair... I'll bet The Club makes quite a bit of noise that affects those cabins above it, too.

1 minute ago, beachbunny6 said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this.  Apex is already planned and in construction.  She will probably be very much like Edge, except for easily changed items such as decor.  Basic engineering and construction are not so easily changed.  

That being said, it is much more likely that Numbers 3 and 4 will benefit from feedback on Edge, because they are still in the planning stage.  Maybe they will be Edge 2.0 versions?   

Considering that the keel of Apex has just been layed, there is some room for things to be tweaked. No one even knows yet if anything needs to be changed. Time will tell. 

Noise from The Club would not be surprising.... I wonder if volume reduced... if that would make a difference.  Boy I wonder... we will be in 7163... fortunately there is another deck of cabins between us and The Club. We are on her in mid Dec... I will report back if there is an issue that far up.

Thanks for all the pictures, Lloyd!! So many wonderful little nooks to enjoy. I can picture myself reading in many of those spots. I can order a drink with my Virtual Concierge and relax and enjoy the show. :classic_smile:

The sea creatures (or whatever they are) in Eden are starting to grow on me!

Marilyn - 

Do you know how long she will stay in Ponta Delgada?  Is your BFF, LLP, staying aboard or flying back from there?  And, if she stays for the full crossing and arrival at PE, would that be working or a vacation?  It would be so difficult to have to do all that hard work, wouldn't it?  Poor thing.  She will be so exhausted by the time they get to PE.  :classic_huh:

8 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Marilyn - 

Do you know how long she will stay in Ponta Delgada?  Is your BFF, LLP, staying aboard or flying back from there?  And, if she stays for the full crossing and arrival at PE, would that be working or a vacation?  It would be so difficult to have to do all that hard work, wouldn't it?  Poor thing.  She will be so exhausted by the time they get to PE.  :classic_huh:

I'm not sure if Peter knows - he thought he might hear from Valentina once in port - it wasn't on the schedule originally so I'm not sure. LLP will be onboard for the Nov 25th cruise, as far as I know (and maybe for the shakedown cruise Nov 21-23). :classic_smile: