Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Good eyes!

You can also see the life boats coming up past the bottom of the lowest row of windows...not sure if those are cabins or other areas....???

Most of those cabins in the photos are E4 cabins on deck 6. The E3 cabins on deck 6 are midship and are less likely to be impacted by lifeboats... but there could be smoke from smokers I suppose... I assume that there will be an out door smoking section. I just got off of Equinox and had a deck 8 cabin. Even that high up you can't look straight down at the ocean near the ship.... so there will be various things that impact view on the Edge... including the MC which does jut out quite a bit.

Observation, the only cabins with the old outside style balconies on the The Edge will be MC suites cabins. Please look at the photos on thread #2032. They looked like the cabins on the hump on the S - class ships IMHO.

All the suites will have regular balconies too not just the S3 along the MC. See photo 3 in the Lloyd posting #2024. If you zoom into the photo you can see S2s or S1s on decks 10 and 11.

The midport garage will still be the closet to the terminal and they will still have the shuttle busses. However, with the improved vehicular traffic circulation and revamped pickup and drop off areas, hopefully it will be less stressful

I am bad. I refuse to drop off my luggage. We park and carry on. but we live here and are used to doing it for 30 years.

You should have a nice open balcony in the SV.

Close up of Edge aft cabins - nice and open :D

enhance

Thanks..that's what I thought originally. We are happy either way

..I read that the SV balcs are among the largest onboard so that should be nice. We like the deep hump balcs in AQ on S class..hard to get , but the SV should be sunnier!

The Inf AQ balc for our Jan trip will be a new experience..hope it does not disappoint.

I am bad. I refuse to drop off my luggage. We park and carry on. but we live here and are used to doing it for 30 years.

So do you pack light and just do carry ons or do you take all your luggage on the shuttle,?

Wish we could take a taxi from the garage to the terminal to avoid doing the loop twice but not sure we could get a taxi at the garage..we are not fans of off premises parking but that would involve only one shuttle loop...we'll think about it..

Thanks..that's what I thought originally. We are happy either way

..I read that the SV balcs are among the largest onboard so that should be nice. We like the deep hump balcs in AQ on S class..hard to get , but the SV should be sunnier!

The Inf AQ balc for our Jan trip will be a new experience..hope it does not disappoint.

Yes, the average SV balcony is 89 sq ft, which is the largest non-suite balcony.

The S1 aft balconies on the Edge are listed as 163 sq ft, which is twice as large as the S Class S1's. Only the Iconic, Edge Villa and Penthouse balconies are larger on the Edge.

If you book both an S1 aft and the adjoining SV cabin, it looks like the balconies may be able to be joined (but not completely sure) for a 252 sq ft balcony as it says in the cabin info sheet that the the Family Sky Suite balconies are 252 sq ft (joined aft S1 and SV, that at Christmas and Thanksgiving are called Family Sky Suites with all guests receiving all suite benefits). That balcony would be second only to the Iconic in size.

I don't think this has been posted here, but if it has, I apologize. It is an interesting comparison of the 3 types of Celebrity afts. Looking at this, none of the afts are that attractive, but when the Edge gets all buffed and polished (especially Eden windows), she may have the winning aft, IMO (despite the asymmetry). I like the way the Edge aft cabins curve around and like the angular look of the other two less. I feel an aft poll coming on....;)

enhance

I don't think this has been posted here, but if it has, I apologize. It is an interesting comparison of the 3 types of Celebrity afts. Looking at this, none of the afts are that attractive, but when the Edge gets all buffed and polished (especially Eden windows), she may have the winning aft, IMO (despite the asymmetry). I like the way the Edge aft cabins curve around and like the angular look of the other two less. I feel an aft poll coming on....;)

It is definitely a new design, for sure.. as it does appear that it has evolved since the M Class ships.

bon voyage

I try not to judge a “lady” by her aft... 😉

I just remembered that we used to call Celebrity ships "butt ugly"... I think the M class is what I recall. I think the S class has nice lines and I think Edge may too... but need to really see the end result. I do miss the more classic shape ships used to have... but they do not handle as many passengers... which has become key to profitability

Couple of notes. I was just looking at Edge deck plans..... Deck 5 details are now hidden... I wonder if they revealed info 'too soon' or if there are changes. The second observation... if you look a some of the recent exterior photos... you will see interesting window configuration for handicap cabins. It appears that they have the same size virtual balcony window, but next to it is a narrower window... perhaps this functions the same way. Has anyone else noticed this? These cabins are below suites with regular balcony. At first I thought the image was blurry... until I looked at deck plans and realized I was looking at accessible cabins

Couple of notes. I was just looking at Edge deck plans..... Deck 5 details are now hidden... I wonder if they revealed info 'too soon' or if there are changes. The second observation... if you look a some of the recent exterior photos... you will see interesting window configuration for handicap cabins. It appears that they have the same size virtual balcony window, but next to it is a narrower window... perhaps this functions the same way. Has anyone else noticed this? These cabins are below suites with regular balcony. At first I thought the image was blurry... until I looked at deck plans and realized I was looking at accessible cabins

kearney - if you search "Edge cruise deck plans" you should be able to find a good non-Celebrity site with cruise deck plans for the Edge (I noticed that Celebrity changed deck 5 last week too on their website, taking out some details - it made me wonder if they are about to reveal the whole deck 5 soon :D).

Which accessible cabins were you talking about below the suites (cabin numbers)? It sounds interesting. :D

Okay.... find the photo of the starboard side... with much of the covering removed....... look aft of the MC... at the next jut out.... go up to decks 8 and 9. I believe the cabin numbers are :8230, 8232, 8234, 8236,9226, 9228, 9230, 9232. If you look at the deck plan you can see that the folding doors do not cover the entire veranda area. I don't know if the second set of windows open or not... the folding doors suggest this area does not open. I wonder if the bathroom is in part of this area or if it just part of the veranda..only not open. It will be interesting to see these cabins.

I am wondering if they have made some tweaks to the layout in those previously revealed areas. I am glad I used this info earlier. I wonder... what do you think about cabin 6209 vs 6207... I am wondering if I need to slide over another cabin to avoid the davit.... not sure I have moved far enough over... I really don't care..but what the heck it is 6 months out.

kearney - if you search "Edge cruise deck plans" you should be able to find a good non-Celebrity site with cruise deck plans for the Edge (I noticed that Celebrity changed deck 5 last week too on their website, taking out some details - it made me wonder if they are about to reveal the whole deck 5 soon :D).

Which accessible cabins were you talking about below the suites (cabin numbers)? It sounds interesting. :D

Wasn't Deck 5 the location of Eden Cafe, Eden Bar and BLU?

If we see Deck Plans elsewhere, they may not be up to date...???

Please keep us all posted,

I think reveals of S class were handled much better!

If it were not for the EDGE threads, we'd still have very little info..yet bookings seem to be no problem for X

enhance

We stay in corner aft cabins on Celebrity whenever possible. We love the corner FV’s on M class ships due to the spacious cabins and huge balconies.

Our last several cruises have been in Solstice class corner S1 suites, which are spacious and the balconies, although not huge, are open to the sides.

We have a b2b S1 booked in Feb. 19 on the Edge. We are disappointed that the balconies appear to be enclosed, so no view towards the sides. Guess we will find out

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Okay.... find the photo of the starboard side... with much of the covering removed....... look aft of the MC... at the next jut out.... go up to decks 8 and 9. I believe the cabin numbers are :8230, 8232, 8234, 8236,9226, 9228, 9230, 9232. If you look at the deck plan you can see that the folding doors do not cover the entire veranda area. I don't know if the second set of windows open or not... the folding doors suggest this area does not open. I wonder if the bathroom is in part of this area or if it just part of the veranda..only not open. It will be interesting to see these cabins.

Good detective work. If you look closely at the deck plans, each accessible cabins show an infinite window plus an additional space. It would be very cool if those also were powered. Have to wait and see. That additional width provides the additional space for accessibility to the living and bath areas. I think the bath will remain in the same location as the other cabins, just redesigned for access.

enhance

Tastes and perceptions will differ.

EDGE still looks lopsided to me,,...none of them are gorgeous from the backside,,hmmm.

..Seems they are evolving into a ferry boat shape. Our fav ship was Mercury but I cannot recall the aft shape. IMO none are as bad as the Royal ships which I think look like barges...or the odd looking Norwegian ships,,

.The EDGE pic shows where our Sunset Veranda will be next Nov.....just over the stained glass area..in the center, we keep trying to move upward but no luck yet!

Wasn't Deck 5 the location of Eden Cafe, Eden Bar and BLU?

If we see Deck Plans elsewhere, they may not be up to date...???

Please keep us all posted,

I think reveals of S class were handled much better!

If it were not for the EDGE threads, we'd still have very little info..yet bookings seem to be no problem for X

This is from another site:

enhance

It's weird as the Celebrity website plans were the same as those above last week and now the Celebrity deck 5 plans show Eden, but all the restaurants and The Club are gone from Deck plans (need to scroll down):

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-edge

Okay, now I can see what you are looking at, Detective Kearney. ;) It isn't on the models, but definitely on the real life ship. I looked at the deck plans and can see that it appears that the infinite veranda door goes only part way across the balcony and then there is a blank area, compared to the regular infinite balcony that shows the door all the way across.

My guess would be that those narrower windows will be fixed and of course were added to make up for the wider cabin, likely instead of a wider infinite veranda window - that would have looked odd. They can't be that wide and they would need to have the automatic mechanism that the other infinite veranda has as well, if they opened, so likely fixed. Hopefully, we will see one on our preview cruises.

enhance