Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Have you started the new Apex Board?

"The first piece of steel is cut on Celebrity's newest ship,*Celebrity Apex, at the Chantiers de l'Atlantique shipyard (formerly STX France) in*Saint-Nazaire,*France.*

The second ship in Celebrity's revolutionary Edge series,*Celebrity Apex*comes right in the wake of the industry's most anticipated new ship,*Celebrity Edge."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/a-cut-above-celebrity-apex-begins-her-journey-to-the-top-300685004.html

It's beyond me what happened to the original name of the 2nd Edge-class ship. [emoji12]

44496f277fa668ed02268998837ddf0e.jpg

"The first piece of steel is cut on Celebrity's newest ship,*Celebrity Apex, at the Chantiers de l'Atlantique shipyard (formerly STX France) in*Saint-Nazaire,*France.*

The second ship in Celebrity's revolutionary Edge series,*Celebrity Apex*comes right in the wake of the industry's most anticipated new ship,*Celebrity Edge."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/a-cut-above-celebrity-apex-begins-her-journey-to-the-top-300685004.html

It's beyond me what happened to the original name of the 2nd Edge-class ship. [emoji12]

Lloyd - Thanks very much for all the photo updates and this news. It's Beyond ;) me as to the change in name but, I can see Apex fit in. Wasn't that a name previously reserved by RCI.

Poor Lloyd! He has just navigated us through most of the Edge build - he must be exhausted! :D

For all that he does here for anything RCCL and keeping us all informed and engaged of their product, he deserves a free cruise from them.

I for one if I'm ever on the same cruise as Lloyd, I will buy him a few drinks :).

For all that he does here for anything RCCL and keeping us all informed and engaged of their product, he deserves a free cruise from them.

I for one if I'm ever on the same cruise as Lloyd, I will buy him a few drinks :).

Thank you for the kind words.

I've enjoyed doing this since "Quantum Keel Blocks Are in the House!" days. [emoji4] Glad to hear that others enjoy following a ship build as well.

I promise, no single use plastic straws in those drinks. Paper umbrellas... maybe. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by Lloyd555

I've enjoyed doing this since "Quantum Keel Blocks Are in the House!" days. [emoji4] Glad to hear that others enjoy following a ship build as well.

I promise, no single use plastic straws in those drinks. Paper umbrellas... maybe. [emoji6]

If you are on my cruise, I will buy you Dinner on the L'ledge! :D

You are most welcome Lloyd. The Quantum build was exciting to follow and learn a lot about the process.

It's a deal and I agree with those straws.

Lloyd /VT/and others-

In looking at your post 2203 and the third photo closeup of the S3s, I notice that each of the 4 S3s in each deck have 3 glass panels (total 12) with one being the sliding door. Look at the spacing of the third glass panel in the series. Now compare that to the three glass panels of the S1s and S2s (deck 10 of same photo with S2s). Those are all together. This to me indicates that the cabins of S3 are wider while the S1s and S2s are longer/deeper. This may also influence bed facing the Seas. I think S1and S2 may have bed facing the sea while the S3s will have it on the side walls. Thoughts?

You are most welcome Lloyd. The Quantum build was exciting to follow and learn a lot about the process.

It's a deal and I agree with those straws.

Lloyd /VT/and others-

In looking at your post 2203 and the third photo closeup of the S3s, I notice that each of the 4 S3s in each deck have 3 glass panels (total 12) with one being the sliding door. Look at the spacing of the third glass panel in the series. Now compare that to the three glass panels of the S1s and S2s (deck 10 of same photo with S2s). Those are all together. This to me indicates that the cabins of S3 are wider while the S1s and S2s are longer/deeper. This may also influence bed facing the Seas. I think S1and S2 may have bed facing the sea while the S3s will have it on the side walls. Thoughts?

According to the cabin info sheet, the S3's have a bigger balcony than the S2's (102 sq ft vs. 79 sq ft) and the aft S1's have a 163 sq ft balcony, but have never been able to find out the balcony size for the non-aft S1's, but I know they are not 163 sq ft. I see what you mean about the panels. I can see that the S3 balconies look wider on the deck plans and on the finished product above (probably the MC rails were not wide enough for 5 suites, but could do 4 with a bit wider cabins and balconies and made the length less to fit an adjoining inside in back of them).

If that is true, your theory about the beds makes sense. What I do know is that the layouts have been labeled as below right from the beginning:

S1 - obviously the aft S1 only, due to the balcony shape:

enhance

S2, the only one showing the bed facing the ocean and has the biggest interior cabin size (319 sq ft vs 299 for the S1 and 298 for the S3). I wonder if the non-aft S1's are laid out the same way as the S2's.

enhance

S3's:

enhance

I spoke to someone at Celebrity One Touch and she swore up and down that all Sky Suites will face the ocean, but we will see. It really doesn't matter that much to me as I usually don't just lay in bed looking out at the ocean - I would rather have the large S1 balcony and spend time outside. I did book an S3 for a 3 night preview cruise just to have a front row seat for the MC, but still might not ever face the ocean in bed. :D

Edited by vtcruising

Something I discovered today relates to the SV's in the aft. Looking at one of Lloyd's pictures today, I noticed that the partitions around the 2 middle SV's splay out at around the 9th deck down to the 7th deck. I'm not sure if I am just seeing things or not, but it appears that the middle two SV's balconies are wider on decks 7-9, with the deck 7 middle SV's the widest. If you look at the SV's on either side of those two middle SV's decks on 7-9, the balconies look narrower (the two on either side of the deck 7 middle SV's look especially impacted - notice the shape of those balconies - and the 2 middle SV balconies look the biggest of all - that includes your cabin, 7315, hcat :D). Am I crazy or maybe going blind by staying up late at night counting tiny cabins in order to label the ship with all of our names? ;)

enhance

Lloyd, thanks for the fabulous photos.

By the way, is that Lisa Lutoff-Perlo in the first photo above?

She appears to be wearing a gold coloured hard hat, so I'd say that's a pretty good guess

She appears to be wearing a gold coloured hard hat, so I'd say that's a pretty good guess

L L-P was there for the Steel cutting ceremony for Apex so probably it was her checking on Edge progress as well.

Tweeted by Dave Monk:

If you expected the 2nd Edge-class ship to be called Beyond, @CelebrityCruise explains: ‘Apex better represents the narrative of the second ship in the Edge series – which is poised to take her place at the height of modern luxury – but you may not have heard the last of Beyond’

Something I discovered today relates to the SV's in the aft. Looking at one of Lloyd's pictures today, I noticed that the partitions around the 2 middle SV's splay out at around the 9th deck down to the 7th deck. I'm not sure if I am just seeing things or not, but it appears that the middle two SV's balconies are wider on decks 7-9, with the deck 7 middle SV's the widest. If you look at the SV's on either side of those two middle SV's decks on 7-9, the balconies look narrower (the two on either side of the deck 7 middle SV's look especially impacted - notice the shape of those balconies - and the 2 middle SV balconies look the biggest of all - that includes your cabin, 7315, hcat :D). Am I crazy or maybe going blind by staying up late at night counting tiny cabins in order to label the ship with all of our names? ;)

enhance

VT - I have looked at the picture a few times and it’s possible you may be in to something for those on deck 7 and 8. It could also be because of the size of the balcony and the divider. The lower decks may have a slightly bigger balcony due to the slant of the aft cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I noticed that "perceived" narrowing upward when we switched into that cabin...from the one that connects to the suite. May or may not be so...

If it is larger we'll enjoy the space but think higher up is always better for views etc...we will be sort of overlooking glass top of Eden.,,

Can you tell me what the orange and white things are that are sticking put on the right?

Edited by hcat