Considering upqgrading from JS to AT Suite - WWYD?

I was in 11330 on Allure in Feb. of this year.

It is a lovely room. For 3 it would be plenty big as long as you are on deck 11. I would not consider decks 12 or 14. The room is much smaller and the balconies are really small on the upper decks.

For the difference in price and room size alone, I would do it but when you add in all the perks of a full suite on the O class, it's a very good deal, IMO.

It IS a long walk.

The Suites lounge is open from 11 AM - 11 PM but the drinks are only free (unless you are in a Star Class Suite) during the normal cocktail hours (5 - 8:30 or whatever it happens to be. Can't remember).

Some have been bothered by the noise that sometimes wafts up your way from activities in the Aqua Theater area but that didn't bother us at all....especially with the doors closed. Everyone has a different tolerance for such things.

Helps any, photos I took of the room (11330).

https://mjcwebdesign.com/photos/index.php?/category/23

Video of the balcony

Suite Sun Deck Photos

https://mjcwebdesign.com/photos/index.php?/category/16

Thank you so much for posting these! Looks like you had an amazing view of the Aquatheater!

You got a good deal for your JS. I wish we had more flexibility in our dates, but our daughter is old enough now that it's tough to pull her out of school. If the actual price for the ATS had been $1200 more, I'd have switched in a heartbeat. We would definitely save some money with the free suite perks, but it's tough to determine exactly how much -- especially with regard to drinks.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yeah our wedding in January 7th and the Cruise in Jan 8th. Many kids go back to school on the 9th, so it really worked out well for us because of the cheaper cruise fares :)

Remember and excel spreadsheet is your friend!!! Us finance folks love them for budgeting and cost analysis. You can make it so that you can fluctuate expected drink expense to get a more solid figure and for a budget.

Enjoy your cruise as well!

Edited by atnolan94

Thanks for your response! So there is a suite sundeck on Allure? It's a bit hard to tell which ships offer which perks on RCCL's site.

Thank you for chiming in! Can you get free drinks in the suite lounge all day? I was under the impression that was just for a few hours in the evening.

On oasis class ships the sl serves drinks from 11am to 11pm. Just basic soda,beer and wine. Mixed drinks at happy hour about 530 pm to 9pm but no blended drinks. Similar to the diamond lounge happy hour drinks.

Do it.

You can order movies on your television at no charge for your daughter.

I could go on an on, I had the same issues when I upgraded for my first Oasis cruise, I have sailed in 2 Crown Lofts and 2 Grand Suites and will find it hard to go back to anything less.

I did not know you get free in room movies on sky class rooms. I thought free movies was a star class perk.

You are right about once in a suite its hard to go back. Now we have to sail in sky class on oasis class ships. On other ships we are happy with an inside cabin. The perks makes us willing to pay a little extra on oasis class.

Have a great cruise as you will find the ship amazing.

Yeah our wedding in January 7th and the Cruise in Jan 8th. Many kids go back to school on the 9th, so it really worked out well for us because of the cheaper cruise fares :)

Remember and excel spreadsheet is your friend!!! Us finance folks love them for budgeting and cost analysis. You can make it so that you can fluctuate expected drink expense to get a more solid figure and for a budget.

Enjoy your cruise as well!

Congratulations! That's so exciting! I think I'll give the spreadsheet a try... if for no other reason than to help convince my husband (who is a numbers guy).

The Suites lounge is open from 11 AM - 11 PM but the drinks are only free (unless you are in a Star Class Suite) during the normal cocktail hours (5 - 8:30 or whatever it happens to be. Can't remember).

On oasis class ships the sl serves drinks from 11am to 11pm. Just basic soda,beer and wine. Mixed drinks at happy hour about 530 pm to 9pm but no blended drinks. Similar to the diamond lounge happy hour drinks.

You can get mixed drinks in the sl starting at 11, have your seapass card handy

So Sky class can get soda/beer/wine at no charge in the lounge outside of the evening happy hour, or is there a charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So Sky class can get soda/beer/wine at no charge in the lounge outside of the evening happy hour, or is there a charge?

You can get soda, beer, wine and bottle water from 11am to 11pm everyday in the lounge. During happy hour between 5 to 830pm or 530 to 9pm you can also get mixed drinks. Hope this helps with your decision.

No charge.

You can get soda, beer, wine and bottle water from 11am to 11pm everyday in the lounge. During happy hour between 5 to 830pm or 530 to 9pm you can also get mixed drinks. Hope this helps with your decision.

Thanks for the confirmation. Yes, this info will help with our decision!

We have stayed in 11 when it was classed as a gs. Wonderful cabin with a huge balcony. The one bathroom will have to be entered through the bedroom. I think those prices are high so you will have to decide if it's right for you. Having use of the SL and the CK all day is a nice perk. If you had any SR's booked you could cancel them and just use CK all week

Tip, if you get this cabin, make sure you set your luggage out in the main hall and not back in the alcove where the cabin door is on the last night

How does it compare to a CLS? We prefer the CLS over the GS but have never stayed in an ATS. I looked at their sailing and all three have the same base price.

Edited by Big_G

How does it compare to a CLS? We prefer the CLS over the GS but have never stayed in an ATS. I looked at their sailing and all three have the same base price.

We have stayed on 17 also. I think we would pick the deck 11 cabin over a cls. You get to watch all the shows, or the ocean, and the BW. It's a long walk but you get used to it. They had seating on the balcony for 9, plus 3 of the chairs were bar stools which when used gave you a great view without looking through the glass.

We have stayed on 17 also. I think we would pick the deck 11 cabin over a cls. You get to watch all the shows, or the ocean, and the BW. It's a long walk but you get used to it. They had seating on the balcony for 9, plus 3 of the chairs were bar stools which when used gave you a great view without looking through the glass.

For me, the appeal of the CLSs (aside from the cool layout) is that they're so close to the suite lounge and CK. If an L1 were the same price as the ATS, I think I'd go that route. The L1 is an additional $756, though, and we would already be splurging with the ATS!

Thanks. We'll have to keep that in mind for next time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For me, the appeal of the CLSs (aside from the cool layout) is that they're so close to the suite lounge and CK. If an L1 were the same price as the ATS, I think I'd go that route. The L1 is an additional $756, though, and we would already be splurging with the ATS!

Deck 17 is way too convenient. We've stayed away from the L2's preferring the L1's view but we may have to look at the ATS now. Talk about first world problems. [emoji5]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DH, DD (13), and I have been booked on the 4/16/17 Western on Allure in a JS for over a year. I've been checking the web site to see whether we might luck into a reasonably priced upgrade to a higher level suite. I noticed today that the price of a 1-bedroom Aquatheater suite is now about $2k more than the price we paid for a JS. With the current promotion, we would get a $100 OBC (no OBC currently). We would also get free Voom, so I could cancel the 2-device package I booked. I would also probably cancel the drink packages for DH and me since access to the suite lounge + our C&A freebies would make the package less of a "deal." We would also get free luggage valet (which we would have paid for). Our TA is running a promotion that would net us $215 additional in OBC as well as a free bottle of wine, 1 free dinner in the specialty restaurant of our choice (for 2), and a free spa treatment (which I wouldn't do otherwise).

So... Given this set of circumstances, would you upgrade??

Yes yes yes! Go ahead and splurge, you won't be sorry. You get a lot more for your full suite than you would for your JS. Bon Voyage! :)