New to HAL, Koningsdam questions

chrisa222

Hi All, I usually sail NCL, but wanted to try Hals new ship. A couple questions if I may...

1) Are Khakis and Collared Shirt acceptable for dining rooms or specialties on all nights or will I need to use the buffet on gala night?

2) Does HAL offer airport transfers to FLL right off the ship after Debark?

3) is there a way to connect iPad to TV if I bring my own hdmi cable? It seems this particular ship has no DVD player?

Thanks in advance.

As to your ground transport question, which airport are you going to? Yes, HAL offers transfers, but it is easier and cheaper to taxi to the Ft Lauderdale airport, and shuttle to Miami.

There are dozens of threads here on dress code questions and issues.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Hi All, I usually sail NCL, but wanted to try Hals new ship. A couple questions if I may...

1) Are Khakis and Collared Shirt acceptable for dining rooms or specialties on all nights or will I need to use the buffet on gala night?

2) Does HAL offer airport transfers to FLL right off the ship after Debark?

3) is there a way to connect iPad to TV if I bring my own hdmi cable? It seems this particular ship has no DVD player?

xThanks in advance.

1. Yes. On the last cruise I wore a polo shirt and dockers every night in either the MDR or specialty restaurant and on Gala nights I wore a collared shirt and dockers and felt quite comfortable. I thought about bringing a tie, but since they are not required anymore and my DW doesn't care, I didn't. But then again, I never have liked getting dressed up. Must be the enlisted guy in me. :)

2. Yes and they are quite reasonable if you pre-book it with your cruise. This way there is no stress when you get off the ship. If your flight is late enough, usually after 2 or 3 pm, you can include an excursion to the everglades or some other one they offer and the transfer will be free.

3. Unfortunately not. We usually bring DVDs as well, but not to worry. There are a ton of movies, TV shows and BBC Earth shows at your fingertips to watch on their new smart TVs.

Have a fun cruise!!

Sadly, IMHO, there was no dress code observed whatsoever in the dining room on any night on my Dec 4 K-Dam cruise. On gala nights, I observed ratty-looking jeans and wrinkled khakis and Hawaii shirts on men. It was strange to see couples where the women were dressed beautifully and their partners looked like they strolled in from a seedy bar. Call me old-fashioned but if a person is not dressed in the manner suitable for a fine restaurant on land, they should not be admitted to the dining room on gala nights. Don't get me started on men who do not remove their baseball hats in the dining room. :eek:

Baseball hats indoors is no class. Hats with messages....have even lower class...

In the main dining room I wear my baseball cap backwards so table mates don't see the message, hope they appreciate my sacrifice.

Sadly, IMHO, there was no dress code observed whatsoever in the dining room on any night on my Dec 4 K-Dam cruise. On gala nights, I observed ratty-looking jeans and wrinkled khakis and Hawaii shirts on men. It was strange to see couples where the women were dressed beautifully and their partners looked like they strolled in from a seedy bar. Call me old-fashioned but if a person is not dressed in the manner suitable for a fine restaurant on land, they should not be admitted to the dining room on gala nights. Don't get me started on men who do not remove their baseball hats in the dining room. :eek:

On the same cruise and different experience. One night (not a formal/gala) our table mates were turned away at the door because they had shorts on. They changed and made it back for dinner.

On Gala night most of the men had jackets or suits on, primarily with ties. A few with collared shirts. Plus some with tuxes.

I must not be very observant, because I have yet to see baseball caps in the MDR. Backwards or otherwise.;) I have seen cowboy hats, mind you.

We had a younger fellow on our Maasdam cruise who wore a baseball cap every night. Asked the DR manager about it and he said they had asked him to remove it but he refused. Tacky!

Sent from my XT1064 using Forums mobile app