Rome hotel near the Vatican

CruzinNoony

We are planning on taking a 3 day tour with Rome in Limo next October. They pick up from your hotel on two of the days. On Vatican day, we have to meet at the site. It makes sense to me to get a hotel close to the Vatican. Is this a safe area? Any recommendations for a reasonably priced hotel with a few restaurants near by? :rolleyes:

Book on line direct via their website B & B A View of Rome . In Piazza Riegemento close to both St Peters Basilica and the Vatican Museums .

Good restaurants close by .

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked out the hotel and it looks perfect. We are booked!!:)

B & B A View of Rome and its sister property B & B A Peace of Rome are run by two young Italian guys who are such wonderful hosts .

Below B & B A View of Rome is a wonderful Trattoria and adjoining Gelateria . Turn right and up the hill 5 minute walk to the entry for the Vatican Museums (follow the pathway beside the high wall .) Straight ahead across Piazza Riegemento and 5 minute walk brings you to the forecourt in front of St Peters . St Peters on your right, turn left and 5 minutes walk away from front of St Peters to meet TOSCA at the Castel de St Angelo .

To avoid long queues and maximize your sightseeing time pre book your Vatican Museum admission on line via official Vatican website . I recommend the Vatican Gardens tour which includes admission to the Museums and Capella Sistina afterwards .

Edited by kuldalai

I know you already booked but we have stayed in Hotel Alimandi Vaticano 3 times and would highly recommend it. It is directly across the street from the entrance to the Vatican Museum. The neighborhood behind the hotel is non-touristy so there is a local market, lots of shops and restaurants there and it is very safe. From hotel, it's only a short walk to metro.

Marianne