Carnival Cruise Line Tests New Dining Times, Asks Late Passengers to Eat in Buffet

LauraS

Not a bad idea. People should not be 30 minutes late and still expect their table to be waiting.

Long overdue. It was like that years ago. Door would be "locked" after 10/15 minutes.

Can't tell you how long the meal would be dragged out if anyone in your area served by the same team of YOUR servers would arrive late.

FINALLY, a kudos to Carnival.

I would like to see it set at 15 minutes, than lock the doors with a sign posted for the clueless.

I agree with this 30min timeframe, people will now say its okay to be 25min late without issue. I think it encourages people to be late as they now officially have 30min to be late.

I am currently on the Glory and have not seen this enforced. The other night there were at least 4 couples who csme in 35 to 45 minutes. I amin the Plat upper dinning room deck 4 so cannot say what goes on the 3rd deck below......no door closed on 4th deck, they just keep walking in. So whats stopping a passenger to enter upper deck 4, then walk down to 3rd from stairway in deck 4 MDR .

...... So whats stopping a passenger to enter upper deck 4, then walk down to 3rd from stairway in deck 4 MDR .

Trip wire on the top step.

Seriously, I agree with the idea of 15-20 minutes late getting turned away. If you are later than that, it's not like you have to go to bed without your supper. Buffet line is good enough of a punishment.

I think it's a great idea also but wonder how long it will be before someone demands recompense for the missed MDR meal, even though said meal cost them nothing.

They have no grounds. Just like how they can't demand recompense for a show they were late to and missed.

I am currently on the Glory and have not seen this enforced. The other night there were at least 4 couples who csme in 35 to 45 minutes. I amin the Plat upper dinning room deck 4 so cannot say what goes on the 3rd deck below......no door closed on 4th deck, they just keep walking in. So whats stopping a passenger to enter upper deck 4, then walk down to 3rd from stairway in deck 4 MDR .

It just came out today so you wouldn't have seen it enforced as yet.

They have no grounds. Just like how they can't demand recompense for a show they were late to and missed.

Yep, I know, but they will still entertain us by coming here to ask for the CEO's email address so they can elevate the issue:);).

Long overdue. It was like that years ago. Door would be "locked" after 10/15 minutes.

Can't tell you how long the meal would be dragged out if anyone in your area served by the same team of YOUR servers would arrive late.

FINALLY, a kudos to Carnival.

I am framing this post....:D:D:D:D

I think the slight change in dining times is a positive. I hope Carnival gives advance notice of this change to those booked on the two ships that are going to try this.

When I was aboard the Rotterdam this Summer, a change in dining times took place during the cruise that was not well received by many of the guests. People don't like surprises when it comes to the time they expect to have dinner.

It just came out today so you wouldn't have seen it enforced as yet.

It was announced at the beginning of cruise Dec 10th and there have been info signs before one enters MDR...guess people do not read. Onecouple with child came in this evening on 4th deck but walked down to 3rd...... they were 40 minutes late.

This was a HUGE problem on our cruise on the Glory in 2015. We had EARLY seating and doubt we will ever try it again for that reason. Our table had 2 couples who came in whenever they felt like it. The rest of us could be eating our main course and they would show up. The wait staff had to go through taking orders for them, trying to start the whole process over again. And of course every bite we ate, they would ask... oooh, that looks good, which one is that on the menu? Waiters would try to rush them,, and then that meant our desserts were later trying to get everyone together to finish at same time..... remember, they have another group coming in right after EARLY seating? People can be so rude. I wish they had told them to hit the buffet.