Tampa hotels near grocery or drug stores

raken80

We've never cruised out of Tampa before and we are looking for a hotel that is close enough to a grocery store or Walgreeens or whatever so that after we cab to the hotel from the airport, we can walk to get a few extras before boarding the ship the next day. Somewhere between the airport and the cruise port preferably. When we cruise out of Port Everglades for example, our hotel is always one of the ones on Hwy 84. Grocery stores, drug stores, bite to eat...it's all right there. Any area like that in Tampa that anyone would recommend? Thanks!

Look at hotels in the Westshore area, near TPA - lots of shopping and dining options nearby. The Rocky Point area (Hampton Inn, Chase Suites, etc.) is another option and usually include both airport and port shuttles.

• 1 month later...
You can use Google maps to see what is nearby any hotel - just plug in the address and search nearby for restaurants, shopping, etc.

Yes, I understand that but when you don't have an idea of a hotel it makes it more difficult. I was hoping someone that lives in Tampa may have suggestions. Thank you for the google map suggestion.

Hi Florida gal,

I was just on the Oosterdam Dec. 2016 and this location doesn't get mentioned a lot but I stayed in downtown Tampa at the Barrymore right next to the Tampa Riverwalk. The hotel is about 6 blocks away from a CVS and there are lots of little cafes and restaurants along Tampa St. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to the port and any other location within two miles, just tip the driver

Yes, I understand that but when you don't have an idea of a hotel it makes it more difficult. I was hoping someone that lives in Tampa may have suggestions. Thank you for the google map suggestion.

Understand what your looking for but in case no one responds you can try this.

Tripadvisor.com has a map view of hotels.

Find your hotel, then use google maps to search nearby.