Flights after Alaska Cruise

sukiepine

We are cruising RT out of Vancouver. Our choices are an 8:30 AM or a red eye. We would like to go at 8:30. The ship is supposed to dock at 7:00 AM. Is that too close to make it? Thanks

Yes. Docking doesn't say anything about when the ship will be cleared to disembark passengers. With the distance to the airport and the security required there is no way you could make an 8:30 flight even if you could disembark soon after 7.

We are cruising RT out of Vancouver. Our choices are an 8:30 AM or a red eye. We would like to go at 8:30. The ship is supposed to dock at 7:00 AM. Is that too close to make it? Thanks

YIKES...don't even consider the 8:30am flight :eek::eek: Our last RT out of Vancouver YVR was a nightmare and we had a 12:30pm flight.

I am going to assume that your cruise will end in Seward. Did you bother to check and find out that the cruise pier is 125 MILES from the Anchorage airport? On a 2 lane highway?

Go ahead and book the 8:30 flight.

The OP stated that it was a Vancouver round trip. Of course they still can't make an 8:30 flight out of Vancouver.

I see you are on the east coast, also. I faced the same choices when I flew home from Vancouver in May. Here is an excerpt from my blog...

My scheduled disembarkation time was 9:30 so I had set the alarm for 8:30. I awoke before this because the expedited (people who carry their own luggage off) disembarkation started at 7:45. Although we had docked by 7 am, it took time to complete the formalities.

I vacated my cabin about 8:15 and went to the Lido to get juice and a couple of slices of bread. My color luggage tags were called at 9:20. It took until 10 to get off the ship, get my luggage and get to street level. Last week when I came in I got a taxi on the same level as I left the ship but today I had to get an elevator to the street and get in a massive queue for a taxi. It took one hour and twenty five minutes from the time I got in line until I got in the taxi.

The taxi ride took about 25 minutes and cost $34.40.

Do not even consider the early morning flight!

I also decided against the red eye and spent the night at the airport hotel (right in the airport). Turned out to be a great decision.

Hi there

You are flying from Vancouver back to the U.S.. I believe it is recommended that you arrive for international flights 2-3 hr. prior to departure. I think that would put it sometime before you even dock. Also, apart from getting through security, for most flights going from Canada to U.S. you have to go through U.S. customs on the Canadian side. Just one more delay if they are busy.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

For an 8:30 flight out of Vancouver you need to be at the airport no later than 6:00 a.m. Can you manage that? If you can then you can make the flight.