Smoking on Caribbean Princess

bunnypug

Never been on CP but the Vista lounge on Grand Class and Universe lounge on Coral Class was non-smoking.

Grand Princess 4/14/02

Star Princess 9/21/02

Coral Princess Inaugural 01/03/03

Grand Princess 11/02/03

Golden Princess 1/17/04

Island Princess 1/25/04

Star Princess B2B 1/9/05

Star Princess 1/16/05

I don't think any of the lounges or bars are strictly non-smoking, but I never seemed to have a problem. I absolutely hate cigarette smoke, but as long as I stayed away from the smoking sections, it didn't bother me. Remember that all dining areas and theaters are entirely smoke-free. The open decks were a little trickier. Although I don't remember now which side was designated as non-smoking, I do know that I saw smokers on both sides and no enforcement of any kind that I saw. Just have to kind of watch where you're going and make a conscious effort to steer clear.

Sorry, but the Universe and Vista (the show lounge at the back of the boats) are NON smoking, even at the bar area. Unless they changed.

Grand Princess 4/14/02

Star Princess 9/21/02

Coral Princess Inaugural 01/03/03

Grand Princess 11/02/03

Golden Princess 1/17/04

Island Princess 1/25/04

Star Princess B2B 1/9/05

Star Princess 1/16/05

On Princess, all cabins can be smoking. Most bars and lounges have a smoking area. Outside deck areas are smoking as well. RC has the starboard and port, smoking and non smoking decks.

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

The April 26, 2004, Princess Patter from the Caribbean Princess has the "Shipboard Smoking Policy" on the front page. It says "In addition, the starboard side of all open decks are designated "No Smoking Areas" as well as both the upper and lower levels of the Calypso Pool Area."

So, yes, there is actually a published smoking policy for open decks; I just didn't see any enforcement of it.

Sharon, maybe we should inquire about the Golden, Star or grand to see if the new policy is fleet wide, or just Caribbean. I think we are fine. Princess is targeting RC in the caribbean. Thats why all the different stuff on that ship.

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

Just came off the Caribbean Princess May 15 - 22. The Port side on open decks is designated as smoking. Most people adhered to that. Tables are clearly marked in those areas.There were a few people that were openly "snotty" and said "I'll smoke wherever I damn well please". In the Princess Patters they list the smoking policy. Club Fusion had smoking on Port side and non-smoking on starboard side. Tables are clearly marked. I believe there were a few small bars that were completely non smoking but didnt pay alot of attention. I have allergies to cigarette smoke and was afraid I would have a problem. But very seldom did I ever smell smoke. Usually around the elevators. And occassionally up on the pool deck or sun deck. Spent alot of evenings in Club Fusion and it seems to have a good ventilation system so didn't notice the smoke drifting over.

Archived