Baltic cruise with Eclipse

Marltom

Does anyone know if the ship runs shuttle buses to any of the cities they visit not tours just shuttles

Not in all ports. However the shuttle buses will be there waiting for you. They're just not organised by Celebrity.

Bear in mind that if you are visiting St Petersburg which I suspect you are (Did the Eclipse Baltic cruise back in july) you won't get past customs unless you have an official trip booked either through the ship or with an official Russian travel agent.

Not in all ports. However the shuttle buses will be there waiting for you. They're just not organised by Celebrity.

Bear in mind that if you are visiting St Petersburg which I suspect you are (Did the Eclipse Baltic cruise back in july) you won't get past customs unless you have an official trip booked either through the ship or with an official Russian travel agent.

Thanks Mynki and yes we have booked a two day tour in St Peterburg

In Copenhagen, we berthed way out in Oceankaj and they had shuttles there. However, the local bus was much cheaper and the ticketing booth was right across from the ship. Hoping you dock at the usual spot.

On our Baltic cruise the only places we didn't stop within walking distance of the town was in Stockholm where we used the local bus and Gdansk where we took the ships excursion due to time constraints.

In SPB we used Alla Tours. Everywhere else we did our own thing.

On our Baltic cruise the only places we didn't stop within walking distance of the town was in Stockholm where we used the local bus and Gdansk where we took the ships excursion due to time constraints.

In SPB we used Alla Tours. Everywhere else we did our own thing.

Yes I agree Stockholm was the only port that we didn't dock within easy reach of the town. Even so Celebrity didn't arrange a shuttle, instead they were pushing the HOHO that left from the quayside. We walked out of the port and got the local bus from the stop there into town, stopping at the VASA museum en route. However we were the first off the ship so the bus stop was quiet. We heard on our return that some had given up trying to get the local bus later on as the stop was swamped with passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In July 2015 there were shuttle buses in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Tallin, but they weren't free!

There are two docks in Copenhagen so I'm guessing they used the one that is furthest out. All Tallin docks seem to be within 15 mins walk of the old town, not sure why people would need to pay Celebrity's shuttle fee unless they were not able bodied. IMO if a cruise company advertises cruises to x, y and z that then requires their guests to pay for a transfer to the place they advertised as included in their cruise then that shuttle should be included for free.

There are two docks in Copenhagen so I'm guessing they used the one that is furthest out. All Tallin docks seem to be within 15 mins walk of the old town, not sure why people would need to pay Celebrity's shuttle fee unless they were not able bodied. IMO if a cruise company advertises cruises to x, y and z that then requires their guests to pay for a transfer to the place they advertised as included in their cruise then that shuttle should be included for free.

I agree. They were free on our recent Azamara cruise and we didn't pay tips either, but usually the starting price for the cruise is much higher.

In Stockholm, we walked off the ship, made a couple turns and took a water ferry/boat right to the Vasa Museum. We were almost the first ones in the museum and it was, I believe, the first stop. Anyway, you can't go wrong with this idea, but make sure it is the first stop! Only one other couple was on it with us and it was fantastic!!!! Then we took the water taxi again and again. It was a great way to travel, along with wonderful views! I can't remember the name of the boat/ferry we took, but it was perfect and then we were there!:cool: The bus is for the crowds and you do not want that, at least not right off the ship!!! I don't know why people don't know about this, but it is perfect.

Tallin is quite small, so you just need to get off the ship and walk. Do it early, as it can get overcrowded very FAST. We really enjoyed the shops and walking the wall. It was raining when we arrived, so not many got off the ship. We did and found a great little place for coffee drinks and waited still it stopped, then did some walking before it was crowded!

Edited by Lastdance

Tallin is quite small, so you just need to get off the ship and walk. Do it early, as it can get overcrowded very FAST. We really enjoyed the shops and walking the wall. It was raining when we arrived, so not many got off the ship. We did and found a great little place for coffee drinks and waited still it stopped, then did some walking before it was crowded!

What if the ship docks in Muuga, I believe some of the previous X ships have docked there (and some slated for this year)?

Edited by need2cruisesoon

What if the ship docks in Muuga, I believe some of the previous X ships have docked there (and some slated for this year)?

They have greatly improved the docks and can handle more ships now; however, we were told Muuga at first, but the newer docks/berths were available. if not, there is some sort of shuttle, but on the Celebrity Eclipse, the new docks were where we docked, even though everyone said something different. That was in 2015! You can do some research to find out for sure??? That is how i found out on a site that talked about the new dock/berths opening and that they would be open for our cruise... Good Luck! Always have a plan 2 just in case!

Edited by Lastdance

In Stockholm, we walked off the ship, made a couple turns and took a water ferry/boat right to the Vasa Museum. We were almost the first ones in the museum and it was, I believe, the first stop. Anyway, you can't go wrong with this idea, but make sure it is the first stop! Only one other couple was on it with us and it was fantastic!!!! Then we took the water taxi again and again. It was a great way to travel, along with wonderful views! I can't remember the name of the boat/ferry we took, but it was perfect and then we were there!:cool: The bus is for the crowds and you do not want that, at least not right off the ship!!! I don't know why people don't know about this, but it is perfect.

It was something like redsightseeing.com or just Google in HOHO boats! Hope this helps! I do remember spending a lot of time finding this....

I found my itinerary and it was the HOHO boats, at least that is what I wrote down! It was a short walk to them right from the Eclipse...

Edited by Lastdance

It's about time the IT guys at Celebrity updated this information if they're still showing Mugga!

There was much discussion on our Role Call in 2015 about this. Phone calls to Celebrity then informed us that Port hadn't been used for the past 2 years.

we did the Baltic cruise in May 2015 on the Silhouette. We had a stop in Germany which you don't - that was the only place that they docked in an unscheduled place and they provided a bus for $10pp to town, but all the other stops we used HOHO - Depending on what you want to see, the HOHO are great. We had a two day tour for St Petersburg with Celebrity and that was very good. We were traveling with another couple (my brother) and he is very big on doing things on your own. But I found the HOHO took us by or stopped where we wanted to go. In Stockholm they were having visiting mucky/mucks from other countries and they had streets blocked for hours. We got off the bus, walked to boat docks and did a boat tour for free - it is run by HOHO and they knew about the problems and let us use our bus tickets for entry - it has a stop right where the ship was docked.

Research HOHO in all your ports and see if it will work for what you want. The cost was high at the time - when we were in Spain and Portugual the HOHO was $15 - $20pp for 24hrs - in the Baltic ports more in the $25 - $30pp, but now the Euro is down, but not by much - we were at $1.09. I had purchased enough euros in the US before we left so we could pay cash for our tickets at each port - you can use credit card - they all use the handheld credit card devices. - but in one port they were having problems with them and only cash people were able to buy tickets.

side note - we had the most beautiful weather - in the 70's and 80's. Worst weather was in Amsterdam

It was showing Muuga for us last year but we docked in the centre.

We had shuttle buses in Rostock (Germany) & Helsinki. I think there was 1 in Stockholm but we used HOHO bus from the port & there was one in Copenhagen but we decided to walk. It was an easy 30 minute walk past the Little Mermaid.

I would do a bit if research before just jumping on the shuttle bus. It was $10 per person each time & I'm sure we could have got Taxi's for less than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have greatly improved the docks and can handle more ships now; however, we were told Muuga at first, but the newer docks/berths were available. if not, there is some sort of shuttle, but on the Celebrity Eclipse, the new docks were where we docked, even though everyone said something different. That was in 2015! You can do some research to find out for sure??? That is how i found out on a site that talked about the new dock/berths opening and that they would be open for our cruise... Good Luck! Always have a plan 2 just in case!

Our Baltic trip on Eclipse in May 16 also showed Muuga so I emailed the Tallin port authority who assured me all cruise ships dock in town and Muuga is an industrialised port. Silly of Celebrity to not fix this as it might put people of booking.