One family - 2 ajoining staterooms - 2 different muster stations

dpostman

Hi, about 400 days ago I booked 2 rooms for our up coming Anthem Cruise. The 2 rooms suggested by the web site were adjoining but not connected. That was fine with me, but now, 54 days out, I started completing our setsail passes and find out, our family is split in 2 different muster stations. Is this a regular occurrence? Do I really need to try to change room locations to avoid this?

I assume it is probably too full now to easily find another 2 adjoining rooms. I don't really mind if for 45 minutes or so we have to go to 2 different muster stations but in all reality, in the very very slim chance that we would encounter an emergency and we had to gather to muster stations, I don't think I'd be willing to split up the family.

I know I'm really expecting too much that the RCCL web site IT system would take muster stations into consideration when booking 2 rooms side by side :rolleyes: I think I was luck enough that it could even find 2 side by side rooms.:D

EDIT: I'm going to assume this means they will NOT be willing to open our balcony divider.

Does this also mean we will get 2 different room attendants?

dp

Edited by dpostman

Hi, about 400 days ago I booked 2 rooms for our up coming Anthem Cruise. The 2 rooms suggested by the web site were adjoining but not connected. That was fine with me, but now, 54 days out, I started completing our setsail passes and find out, our family is split in 2 different muster stations. Is this a regular occurrence? Do I really need to try to change room locations to avoid this?

I assume it is probably too full now to easily find another 2 adjoining rooms. I don't really mind if for 45 minutes or so we have to go to 2 different muster stations but in all reality, in the very very slim chance that we would encounter an emergency and we had to gather to muster stations, I don't think I'd be willing to split up the family.

I know I'm really expecting too much that the RCCL web site IT system would take muster stations into consideration when booking 2 rooms side by side :rolleyes: I think I was luck enough that it could even find 2 side by side rooms.:D

dp

It is not uncommon and there could easily be 10 pairs of cabins per deck depending on the ship that this happens to. Cabins for one muster station would all be within the same set of fire/watertight doors of which there are several per floor.

We have had cabins in different muster stations and didn't give it a second thought.

The balcony divider would have nothing to do with this and would still be able to be opened. Stateroom attendant may or may not be different.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

EDIT: I'm going to assume this means they will NOT be willing to open our balcony divider.

Does this also mean we will get 2 different room attendants?

dp

My family had this same situation on Freedom in 2015. My husband and I were at one muster station and our children in the connecting cabin were at another. We took the children with us to muster explained it to the crew member and they were counted as present. There was no fuss.

I have no experience with your other questions.

Enjoy your cruise

It is not uncommon and there could easily be 10 pairs of cabins per deck depending on the ship that this happens to. Cabins for one muster station would all be within the same set of fire/watertight doors of which there are several per floor.

We have had cabins in different muster stations and didn't give it a second thought.

10-4

I know it is probably a non-issue. The biggest set back will be that we probably won't be able to get the balcony divider opened.

Thanks

dp

My family had this same situation on Freedom in 2015. My husband and I were at one muster station and our children in the connecting cabin were at another. We took the children with us to muster explained it to the crew member and they were counted as present. There was no fuss.

I have no experience with your other questions.

Enjoy your cruise

Thanks

My wife and I planned on putting our 2 kids, 12 and 17 in one room and us in the other. But on the reservations, My wife and DD are in one room and my DS and I on the other. So we will probably muster that way and just go with it.

dp

The balcony divider would have nothing to do with this and would still be able to be opened. Stateroom attendant may or may not be different.

Hum. Good to know. I just assumed that if 2 rooms were in 2 different fire zones, the balcony divider would not be opened in order to preserve that separation. If it is not, then perhaps a few $$ Cash will help grease those balcony separator hinges and make it easier to open ;)

Thanks for the info

dp

We have had the same situation, they moved the kids to our muster station onboard. We had the same stateroom attendant but never asked about the balcony divider but muster station should have no impact on the balcony divider. We probably wouldn't have even thought about changing the muster station with the kids but they were all booked in one cabin and we also had my niece with us. At the time the two youngest were an age where they wore the bracelets which is the reason we asked to have them moved. We asked over the phone in advance and were told it could be changed at the port upon arrival. They told us we would have to ask onboard at guest services. Guest services told us to ask at the muster station and they did make a notation of it but sent us to the kids club to get new bracelets. I don't remember the cut off age for bracelets but I don't think either of your kids will need them.

...54 days out, I started completing our setsail passes and find out, our family is split in 2 different muster stations. Is this a regular occurrence? Do I really need to try to change room locations to avoid this?...
Where on SetSail Passes are Muster Stations shown? I'm looking at my SetSail Passes for 22 Jan 2017 Oasis and 19 Jan 2017 Oasis and I'm not seeing Muster Stations listed.

Thom

Hum. Good to know. I just assumed that if 2 rooms were in 2 different fire zones, the balcony divider would not be opened in order to preserve that separation. If it is not, then perhaps a few $$ Cash will help grease those balcony separator hinges and make it easier to open ;)

Thanks for the info

dp

Cash $$'s will make "no" difference on whether your balcony divider will be opened or not.....This is determined by the captain and based on many different situations....More than likely your cabin steward will be able to open it...he'll be the one to ask and will now if it's allowed on your cruise.

Where on SetSail Passes are Muster Stations shown? I'm looking at my SetSail Passes for 22 Jan 2017 Oasis and 19 Jan 2017 Oasis and I'm not seeing Muster Stations listed.

Thom

My Anthem SETSAIL PASS looks just like this quantum one and the muster station is right in the middle. Perhaps Oasis is different.

SSPQ.jpg

Cash $$'s will make "no" difference on whether your balcony divider will be opened or not.....This is determined by the captain and based on many different situations....More than likely your cabin steward will be able to open it...he'll be the one to ask and will now if it's allowed on your cruise.

You are so Bold :p

I sort of knew that the Balcony Door opening decisions are higher up the chain, I was just making light of it and hoping for the best.

dp

Edited by dpostman

My Anthem SETSAIL PASS looks just like this quantum one and the muster station is right in the middle. Perhaps Oasis is different.

SSPQ.jpg

Our Anthem one had our muster stations too. I think it's because once you get on the ship you don't have your room card (showing the muster station) until you get to your room. In case of an emergency prior to that you need to know where it is. For other ships I've never seen the muster station on the paperwork because you have your card prior to boarding the ship.

Our Anthem one had our muster stations too. I think it's because once you get on the ship you don't have your room card (showing the muster station) until you get to your room. In case of an emergency prior to that you need to know where it is. For other ships I've never seen the muster station on the paperwork because you have your card prior to boarding the ship.

Makes sense to me ;)

dp

A-02 is the Royal Theater

Ah well. There you go. Thanks. My quest for knowledge for tonight is complete. I knew I could count on CC.

I'll be up tomorrow with a fresh bunch of empty spaces in my head needing filling :D

dp