Parking at the port in Fort Lauderdale

IreneDEsq

Going in November for 8 days-found a room at a Rodeway Inn, right on rte 84 which comes right off of Alligator Alley/I-75. $92 for a room the night before, free breakfast, shuttle to and from the ship, and free parking. Been on many cruises and never look forward to the hassle of driving 200+ miles from my home in Tampa, unloading the car of luggage and passengers, finding parking, walking to the ship, and boarding. This way the hotel drops me off at the terminal, and I go thru boarding, find my room and go eat lunch. And at $12/day at the port, it looks like my room is free.

Sounds too easy. Will update this post after returning from the cruise.:eek::eek::eek:

Does one day purchase of a room allow you to stay in their parking lot for a week or so? Or, do you just leave the car there without letting them know? Isn't it risky that they might have your car towed?

Does one day purchase of a room allow you to stay in their parking lot for a week or so? Or, do you just leave the car there without letting them know? Isn't it risky that they might have your car towed?

Yes, please do let us know how it went and if there were any troubles. If it worked out well, I may follow suit and book via that hotel for parking.

CeleBrat

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
The current cost of daily parking at the Port Everglades parking garage is $12 a day. We drive up to the baggage drop off and leave our big bags with the porters. I get out with both of our carry ons and wait while Hubby goes to park the car at the garage. He walks back and then we check in to board the ship together.

After the cruise, I wait with all the bags while Hubby goes to get our car and pay for the parking. He returns, we load up the car and we are on our way home.

We're going on the Oasis and I think we're going to park at the terminal 18 surface lot. Can I make a reservation? Also what time do ya'll suggest we arrive?

Thank U .

We're going on the Oasis and I think we're going to park at the terminal 18 surface lot. Can I make a reservation? Also what time do ya'll suggest we arrive?

Thank U .

You are replying to a message posted 5th. December 2005!

Also this is the Costa forum, I think you want the RCI.

Finding the right cruise ship is easier than finding the right CC forum.:D