Name changes

jkhammy

Looking at booking a cruise early next year (2018) for my family, which includes 2 military members. Which booking should I use that allows name changes and/or cancellation with the least amount of headache. Also, what would be the cutoff for a name change. Just trying to be prepared in the event one cannot make the cruise.

Looking at booking a cruise early next year (2018) for my family, which includes 2 military members. Which booking should I use that allows name changes and/or cancellation with the least amount of headache. Also, what would be the cutoff for a name change. Just trying to be prepared in the event one cannot make the cruise.

Book past guest, not early saver.

If the name change is done prior to your final payment date, you do not have air fare, and your booking is not under a restrictive fare, such as the Early Saver, there is no fee to do a name change.

Once past your final payment date, for cruise only bookings under a non-restrictive fare, there is a $50 per person service fee charged per name change as long as an original guest remains on the booking.

Edited by easyboy

We always initially book our cruises using the Military Rate, which it appears you would be eligible to do. Each military member can book up to 2 additional cabins using this rate. It's the same rate as Early Saver, without the restrictions, which would be best if there's a chance of any changes to the bookings.