Qsine for 2?

madibeme

The beauty of Qsine is that you are in control of the amount of food you eat. There is no set menu, but rather choices of starters, mains, desserts. If you are not going to sample extensively, though, it is a lot of money for a little food.

We always go just two people. Don't try to finish everything and save room for dessert. You can order what you want... so if something comes with fries and you don't want them, say so. If you want just one of the meatballs to split (softball size!) tell your waiter to bring just one. If you fill up and still have food coming that you ordered, you can say don't bring it. We'll tell the waiter that we're ordering 4 items (we each pick 2) but we MAY not make it to the 4th one.

You're apt to overeat so go very hungry. ;)

PS... it's our favorite specialty restaurant. If we only go to one during the week, it's Qsine.

My husband and I have gone to Qsine quite a few times with just the two of us as well.

Each time the server has usually mentioned that they bring smaller portions by default when you only have two people, but be sure to ask how much comes in every dish. Example, if you order the spring rolls, ask them to bring just 2 rolls (1 BBQ, 1 veggie).

I've never been disappointed by anything I've tried at Qsine. Only thing I haven't touched is the Sushi Lollipops, but my husband likes it so we usually order 1-2 for him.

We did Q'Sine on Silhouette last February. It was the best speciality restaurant experience we had on board (We did Murano also). There is SO MUCH FOOD if you order more than 5 items. Some of the courses are quite small (Lava Crab), skip the bread courses (there are one or two that are just bread/rolls), and you MUST get the Mediterranean Sampler, it contained the best lamb chop I've ever eaten, period. We were stuffed and actually canceled the last two courses.

It was a true dining experience. We asked to get a tour of the kitchen (which is shared with Tuscan Grill) afterward and made friends with the executive chef for that kitchen for the rest of the cruise.

It is a foodies heaven and its all about the experience, so a lot enough time to enjoy everything. We were there over two hours and were eating nearly the entire time.

Have fun!

Edited by GaryR6273
misspelling

Other responses above are good advice regarding two at Qsine.

Also consider 'inviting' others on your Roll Call to join at Qsine - add 2-3 interested couples and have a party. Then you get the "Full Monty" tasting/sampling experience.

Or consider inviting any 'singles' sailing to form a Qsine dinner party - I imagine it might be an opportunity for Qsine they wouldn't try if dining alone.

HAPPY CRUISING

We always go to Qsine just the two of us. You will be in charge of what you order and the quantities. First timers always make the mistake of ordering too much - we did. Start by ordering 2 or 3 items to share. After that, if you want more, order more, it is all very casual.

Qsine is one of our favorite restaurants aboard. We like some items better than others through experience. I LOVE the Sushi Lollipops, DW not so much. DW agrees that the lamb chop on the Mediterranean Sampler is the best she has ever had. I order the Disco Shrimp just for the light show.

Qsine is a dining experience! It is difficult to describe, you just have to try it. It puts the fun back into eating. :D

Edited by El Crucero

I talked BF into his first cruise. I normally cruise with my mom who has simple tastes. Is Qsine too much food for just the two of us?

The food can be quite "adventuresome". We're foodies(and in the industry)so we love Qsine. If you're a "meat& potatoes" couple it might be wasted on you. As to the amount of food. It's in small portions. Just start slowly & reach your comfort level & then stop.

Ask for smaller portions of some larger items.

The crispy tower..fries, onion rings was way too large for 2 people . Sushi lollipops which only I ate also too much..should have asked for half...the filet was perfect size...excellent!

Decor, service and concept are excellent & being just 2 should not deter you from booking it.....ask any asst maitre d to make your res & hopefully get you a 15 % discount..

I talked BF into his first cruise. I normally cruise with my mom who has simple tastes. Is Qsine too much food for just the two of us?

We have dined there as a party of 2 and would not do it again. As others have mentioned, invite others from your Roll Call or form/join a group. You would get to sample more foods in smaller portions. Plus it would be a great social event. I don't like to waste food by sending it back and ended up eating it.