embarkation in Seattle

bappo

Been reading the boards, and it seems as if embarkation in Seattle is a nightmare. Does anyone that has cruised from seattle have advice/tips on arrival times, luggage drop off,etc?

thanks

Did they use Pier 30 last year? I'd heard it was new, and thought maybe that was the source of the problem. We're planning to park there for the cruise--it doesn't cost any more than the special rate the Mayflower is offering, and we didn't want to stay in town. Anyone heard of parking problems?

They have a very large parking area at Pier 30 that they share with HAL ships. For most cruises I would not expect a parking problem since the majority of passengers will be flying in to Seattle and arriving by bus, taxi or such. If there is a problem it would be that if you arrive very early the folks with parked cars getting off the ships had not yet disembarked. Their may not be enough space for all the cars for four ship- two arriving and two leaving. However, I would find it difficult to picture that many folks driving to the pier.

That said, for the June 13th cruise on the Sapphire Princess if you arrive too early in the morning parking may be a problem. There will be a full ship of folks returning that morning from a two night cruise and I would predict that many of them will be from the Northwest and drive to and park on the pier.

We used Pier 30 last July and had no problem. I also don't think the parking lot will ever be full. Princess has it's own lot on one side and Hal on the other so they don't share a lot. Also the lot is very big when we got back to port with all the people arriving for the next cruise and those of us that parked in it on our cruise the lot wasn't even 1/4 full so I wouldn't worry.

Star Princess 7/03(Alaska)

I've reserved & paid for parking on our 6/19 cruise through the on-line site that haifun posted. It's probably not an issue, but that'll be one less thing we'll have to do when we get there.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700  to <u>Diamond Princess</u> - Alaska - June 2004

<u>Grand Princess</u> - W. Caribbean - March 2003

<u>Stella Solaris</u> - Mediterranean - May 1981

Archived