Cheapest Liquor at Harvest Caye

brockwell

Just wanted to share my experience last week with purchasing liquor. Needed to buy a bottle of Patron for a gift and planned on doing it in Roatan since that's where I found the cheapest prices on our last cruise a year ago. When I got there the prices didn't seem so great and I decided to just buy it on the ship where it would be easier. Next day we went to Harvest Caye and the same bottle of Patron that was $52 on the ship was only $35 at the shop on HC. Also, it was charged to my room and delivered on the last night. That new fancy Grey Goose with Cognac was $99 on the ship and $65 at HC. Not saying all things were cheaper but the two I looked at certainly were.

• Like 1

Just wanted to share my experience last week with purchasing liquor. Needed to buy a bottle of Patron for a gift and planned on doing it in Roatan since that's where I found the cheapest prices on our last cruise a year ago. When I got there the prices didn't seem so great and I decided to just buy it on the ship where it would be easier. Next day we went to Harvest Caye and the same bottle of Patron that was $52 on the ship was only $35 at the shop on HC. Also, it was charged to my room and delivered on the last night. That new fancy Grey Goose with Cognac was $99 on the ship and $65 at HC. Not saying all things were cheaper but the two I looked at certainly were.

Thank you for this information. I appreciate it and will make a note to look at the ships liquor and compare to HC. I may pick up a few bottles. I go through a lot of Patron in the summer :)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, LaCal said:

Take a picture of the price in port and NCL will match the price onboard for theirs 

I live in NH and the state runs liquor stores.  NH is also tax free so the prices I get at home are probably as good as anywhere.

The reason that I ask about where to purchase liquor is mainly for our recreational use on the beach. lol

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/18/2019 at 2:13 PM, smokey11 said:

If you buy the liquor at HC you can walk out of the store with it and drink it there?

That's a great question if you are going to the beach all day can you buy alcohol there and drink it on the beach?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I know that various cruiselines offer the option of buying bottles on the ship (and apparently some ports) to take home with you.  But out of curiosity, what would be the point of that?  Wouldn't it be easier just to purchase near your home?

It’s much, much cheaper. Sometimes I can save over 50% on bottles of tequila. 

• Like 1