Star Princes 1/19/17

DAllenTCY

Due to the winter storms this weekend, the Star Princess is enroute to San Diego instead of Santa Barbara. Several shore excursions will be offered, as well as complimentary shuttles to Seaport Village. The Star will continue to Ensenada on Saturday after an overnight stay.

David

The storms are affecting other Princess ships also.

The Pacific Princess is speeding up to get to Los Angeles several hours earlier than scheduled. And instead of leaving for the next cruise later Friday, it will not leave until Sunday with a revised itinerary.

Due to the winter storms this weekend, the Star Princess is enroute to San Diego instead of Santa Barbara. Several shore excursions will be offered, as well as complimentary shuttles to Seaport Village. The Star will continue to Ensenada on Saturday after an overnight stay.

David

Thanks for checking in. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

We live in Northern California. Our weather has been crazy this year --- LOTS of rain and wind --- would love a couple of sunny days to dry out.

We had two bouts of hail in our storm today....and the thunder and lightning is just crazy. But, after living through 2 historic droughts, I don't mind the rain at all but do wish it could be spread out a little bit. We have rivers in our driveways and lakes in our yards. It is supposed to rain all weekend long.

We live in Northern California. Our weather has been crazy this year --- LOTS of rain and wind --- would love a couple of sunny days to dry out.

Where in Northern CA? We are in Chico and have been (mostly) loving the rain. The main downside here is having so many trees blow down due to the wind and the wet ground.

Bummer that cruises are being affected but, after 5 years of nasty drought, we were ready to get back to a more normal rainy season. We lost several trees in our yard to the drought. Many people just gave up on having any sort of lawn. We used the water from the hot tub to water plants. Since so much of the southern part of the state seems to use so much of our water (our area consistently beat the governor's requested water reduction while the southern part of the state didn't ever seem to even get close to the asked reduction) we need all we can get. If the people in Sacramento would get off their duffs and authorize the freaking Sites Reservoir that has been studied to death for years we could be capturing a lot of this rain that's just flowing down the river into the ocean.

Following up on this, the Star Princess did not port in Ensenada on Sunday, either, ending up with a (somewhat rocking-and-rolling!) sea day instead. So we got back our lost day at sea (that was supposed to be Saturday), and didn't go to any of the originally planned ports at all.

Had fun anyway.

Yeah, I was on this abs though I enjoyed the sea day there were lots of angry people. We also had a port day on ship schedule so there wasn't a lot going on and it was raining. At least there was the indoor pool, but not a lot of people there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, I was on this abs though I enjoyed the sea day there were lots of angry people. We also had a port day on ship schedule so there wasn't a lot going on and it was raining. At least there was the indoor pool, but not a lot of people there.

I was on this sailing as well. Lots of angry people. My dh and I had a lady get on the elevator and question why we didn't get out. We had a disabled person on a motorized wheel chair that prevented us from getting off on our floor. #joyridingthe elevator :)

I saw you guys in port on Saturday here in San Diego and was surprised. We were doing a dinner cruise on the hornblower and you made for a great back drop. Everyone on the hornblower was talking about the ships in port and how Regent sailed right by us and we caught the tail of Star cruising out of the harbor. We all waived...dh and I said oh to be on that one...we did this mini dinner cruise to help the downtime till our next one. ;)

David

It's a bad time of the year to cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
I think SoCal can be a great time in the winter. There's a lot of rain this year but we have done them in January for the last three years and the weather was perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've done Jan/ Feb cruises out of LA for years & this was the first time there has been any rain or bad weather.

Where in Northern CA? We are in Chico and have been (mostly) loving the rain. The main downside here is having so many trees blow down due to the wind and the wet ground.

Bummer that cruises are being affected but, after 5 years of nasty drought, we were ready to get back to a more normal rainy season. We lost several trees in our yard to the drought. Many people just gave up on having any sort of lawn. We used the water from the hot tub to water plants. Since so much of the southern part of the state seems to use so much of our water (our area consistently beat the governor's requested water reduction while the southern part of the state didn't ever seem to even get close to the asked reduction) we need all we can get. If the people in Sacramento would get off their duffs and authorize the freaking Sites Reservoir that has been studied to death for years we could be capturing a lot of this rain that's just flowing down the river into the ocean.

Sorry, just saw your post. Rancho Cordova -- We live about 20 minutes from downtown Sacramento.