Switching rooms post final payment? Also, question about Oasis OV balconies.

LeCricket

I have an aft boardwalk balcony on deck 11 booked for my upcoming Oasis cruise. I was checking the RC website just now, and I saw that an OV balcony is available for the same price. Down to the penny. In your experience, can you switch rooms past final payment if the price is the same?

Also, how are aft deck 7 balconies on Oasis? Anything to be wary of in this location? We are/were pretty excited about the deck 11 BV balcony, but I ultimately wanted an OV.

Thanks for any advice!

We had a Bw balcony on Allure and loved the view, we love aft balconies! But(there always is a but) the BW balcony was very noisy even with the door closed. Don't get me wrong I like Celine Dion but at 1:00am not so much! They were playing her concert and no one was there! My husband finally called guest services to complain and they finally turned it off! Lol We had an OV on deck 9 on Allure in October and loved it. The big plus of an OV is you don't have to keep your curtain closed all the time so people can't see in your cabin. If you can change I would. Whatever you choose, choose to have a great time and you will!:)

We switched from an interior to a Family Promenade for the same exact price on the Indy last week. They said that rate was for new bookings but they just made a new reservation for me and gave me the room. This was through my TA, but I'm not sure. Depends on who you talk to!

I have an aft boardwalk balcony on deck 11 booked for my upcoming Oasis cruise. I was checking the RC website just now, and I saw that an OV balcony is available for the same price. Down to the penny. In your experience, can you switch rooms past final payment if the price is the same?...

You can upgrade categories anytime, irrespective of the price. However, after final payment, you won't get credit of any kind if the price of the new stateroom is lower than what you paid.