Celebrity Reflection January 14 to 21 2017

Bimmer09

Norris,

I just posted my review on the Princess board. You can find the link in my signature below. I'm not the storyteller you are, but it should give you a good idea on our thoughts on the Regal Princess.

Rob, thanks for the heads-up and I have already read it and left a message for you.

Norris

Just getting started reading looks like Im late to the party but I cant wait to see what unfolds.

Now back to page 2...

Never too late, although the review will get harder to find once it drops down a few pages. Glad you found it!

Page 2 so only 53 more to go!

Thanks for reading it and committing the time.

Norris

Never too late, although the review will get harder to find once it drops down a few pages. Glad you found it!

Page 2 so only 53 more to go!

Thanks for reading it and committing the time.

Norris

Now that she's posted here, Norris, she'll always be able to find it in her subscribed threads!

Of course, she could've just subscribed. But it's more fun to actually pop in to tell you how much we love you and your reviews!

:D

Now that she's posted here, Norris, she'll always be able to find it in her subscribed threads!

Of course, she could've just subscribed. But it's more fun to actually pop in to tell you how much we love you and your reviews!

:D

May, thanks for the very kind words!

Even though I say (and it's true) that I write the reviews for Carol and I first as a way to keep track of our adventures at sea, I am always glad to see other people reading it-and the more the merrier- and flattered that so many enjoy the read, the photos and the humor. There's usually a few helpful facts and tidbits of useful info so it's not all as goofy and off the wall as I could make it. I'm glad you like it and I am especially glad when people are curious enough to go read all my other reviews and maybe see places and ships (mostly Princess which I enjoy very much and rightly so) that they might not be familiar with.

It's win-win all the way for me so I am happy.

I've got a bunch of new visual ideas to try out in my next review on the Regal Princess and I hope you'll tune in to that one in late October.

See you then, May!

Norris

• 2 weeks later...
Enjoyed the cruise review, the blast from the past and the camera help!

I rented a Canon 10-22mm lenses and loved it, so just bought my own and look forward to taking lots of photos with it.

Sam and Martha, glad you enjoyed the review and look-back to yesteryear!

Good move in renting the lens and even better in buying it. I use that focal length (which is really 16 x 35mm when used on a crop sensor camera like my Canon T3i) most often in my reviews to get the ship interiors and wide landscapes.

I am waiting for the new Canon 6D mk II to be released as the 6D mk I that I used on the Reflection is getting a major set of upgrades. Expected by September in time for my Regal Princess cruise.

Enjoy your new lens!

Norris

• 1 month later...

Norris, my new friend,

I'm now officially addicted to your reviews. Spent the last few days reliving all your adventures. Along with ignoring my husband after work to read away, I'm now compelled to rent a nice camera and lens for our upcoming July 2017 cruise on the Coral. (Ive noted all your camera and lens suggestions. Any others most welcome.) He might not be your biggest fan at the moment, but I am!! He will come to love you once he starts reading.

Thank you for all the time you spend posting. It is so very helpful and your pictures are amazing. I hope we cross paths with you two one day, but until then I will continue to follow.

Take care!

Shanna from Houston

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Norris, my new friend,

I'm now officially addicted to your reviews. Spent the last few days reliving all your adventures. Along with ignoring my husband after work to read away, I'm now compelled to rent a nice camera and lens for our upcoming July 2017 cruise on the Coral. (Ive noted all your camera and lens suggestions. Any others most welcome.) He might not be your biggest fan at the moment, but I am!! He will come to love you once he starts reading.

Thank you for all the time you spend posting. It is so very helpful and your pictures are amazing. I hope we cross paths with you two one day, but until then I will continue to follow.

Take care!

Shanna from Houston Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Shanna and thanks for the kind comments.

Your Coral cruise is coming up fast. A wonderful ship which introduced us to Princess 6 years ago (how time flies!).

The delay in launching the Canon 6D Mk II is good for me and renting the Mk I was a good idea that convinced me to get a 6 but, with the cruise behind me, there was no rush to buy the Mk I and I'm glad I didn't. I'll buy the Mk II the moment it's released and be familiar with it by the time I cruise on October 14th. I won't be renting the 16-35 L lens again as the wait has allowed me to put aside the money to buy, knowing it's exactly what I need. As usual I will be armed to the teeth for taking pictures!

I hope to see you in the Regal review which I will link from this one.

Cheers!

Norris

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Norris---are you currently cruising onboard Princess?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe Norris so thoroughly enjoys his cruising that he chooses to wait until he gets back home to "catch up" with his threads on Cruise Critic.

I believe Norris so thoroughly enjoys his cruising that he chooses to wait until he gets back home to "catch up" with his threads on Cruise Critic.

Hi, May, you would be correct.

I am writing a review on the Princess board and am already 10 pages in if you'd care to stop by...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2556992

Hope to see you there. All Celebrity readers welcome!

Norris

Hi, May, you would be correct.

I am writing a review on the Princess board and am already 10 pages in if you'd care to stop by...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2556992

Hope to see you there. All Celebrity readers welcome!

Norris

Hi Norris,

I remember reading your Reflection review earlier this year in anticipation of our cruise on her in April. We had a fab time, and I'll be back on board in early December.

Popping over to the Princess forum to check out your review and I'm sure, beautiful pictures. We haven't sailed with Princess yet, but would love to give them a try too.

Hi Norris,

I remember reading your Reflection review earlier this year in anticipation of our cruise on her in April. We had a fab time, and I'll be back on board in early December.

Popping over to the Princess forum to check out your review and I'm sure, beautiful pictures. We haven't sailed with Princess yet, but would love to give them a try too.

Jules, say hi if you come over to the Princess board! I see it's only a month before you get to savor the Reflection. She's a beaut!

Norris

• 3 weeks later...

Norris,

Fantastic Review and reminisces from your time working on a cruise ship ... you are a GREAT storyteller - which can be best defined by that I feel like I've known you for years even though we have never met! And the photos just add to the fun!

Obviously I came way after the fact to read through the review these last few days - prompted by the desire to learn about The Reflection after booking the March 2019 Mardi Gras cruise. Your wonderful descriptions of the ship make my wife and I anticipate the cruise even more (and it is 15 months away). Coincidentally, we booked the sister cabin to your home on the ship (#7309). We also seem to share many other likes and dislikes (food, lifestyle, traveling preferences etc.) as you and your wonderful wife / traveling companion! I won't bore the readers with a list ;), but wanted to mention just a few that I'd thought you would enjoy.

(1)Yes, a trip to Miami without staying in SoBe and eating at Joe's Stone Crabs is like not really visiting the city! (2) Funny you should mention Brennan's as your FAV Houston restaurant. My wife and I celebrated our 1st anniversary eating there in 1983! My wife (from a small town in TX) eyes were wide with the multiple waiters, busboys and maitre d' hovering constantly around our table (is it still that way? ... that just didn't happen at the Dairy Q in North TX)! We enjoyed a wonderful multi-course dinner, completed by flaming Baked Alaska and specialty coffees for dessert! When we got up to leave, an elderly couple who were seated near us motioned us over to their table, and told us, "that they enjoyed watching us eat" - through all the courses and required manipulations by the waiters! Well, I'm not sure if we were proud or embarrassed by the show we must have put on - but it is a story my wife and I recollect at every anniversary dinner! I imagine you and your wife enjoying the same wonderful meal, and although we have never eaten at the restaurant again it has moved to the top of our list if we are ever back in Houston.

Well - I have bookmarked your Canada cruise and look forward to hearing about the ship and your travels, who knows - maybe a Princess Cruise will be next on our horizon. BTW, too bad you didn't get to Quebec City as part of that cruise, it is a wonderful city (the last port in our recent Canada cruise), and I know you would enjoy staying at the Le Chateau Frontenac and eating at Le Continental ... wonderful establishments where quality and service are paramount!

Happy Cruising!

Ken and Le'Ann.