Cruise Critic Community
Bimmer09

Celebrity Reflection January 14 to 21 2017

Hi Norris,

I remember reading your Reflection review earlier this year in anticipation of our cruise on her in April. We had a fab time, and I'll be back on board in early December.

Popping over to the Princess forum to check out your review and I'm sure, beautiful pictures. We haven't sailed with Princess yet, but would love to give them a try too.

Jules, say hi if you come over to the Princess board! I see it's only a month before you get to savor the Reflection. She's a beaut!

Norris

Norris,

Fantastic Review and reminisces from your time working on a cruise ship ... you are a GREAT storyteller - which can be best defined by that I feel like I've known you for years even though we have never met! And the photos just add to the fun!

Obviously I came way after the fact to read through the review these last few days - prompted by the desire to learn about The Reflection after booking the March 2019 Mardi Gras cruise. Your wonderful descriptions of the ship make my wife and I anticipate the cruise even more (and it is 15 months away). Coincidentally, we booked the sister cabin to your home on the ship (#7309). We also seem to share many other likes and dislikes (food, lifestyle, traveling preferences etc.) as you and your wonderful wife / traveling companion! I won't bore the readers with a list ;), but wanted to mention just a few that I'd thought you would enjoy.

(1)Yes, a trip to Miami without staying in SoBe and eating at Joe's Stone Crabs is like not really visiting the city! (2) Funny you should mention Brennan's as your FAV Houston restaurant. My wife and I celebrated our 1st anniversary eating there in 1983! My wife (from a small town in TX) eyes were wide with the multiple waiters, busboys and maitre d' hovering constantly around our table (is it still that way? ... that just didn't happen at the Dairy Q in North TX)! We enjoyed a wonderful multi-course dinner, completed by flaming Baked Alaska and specialty coffees for dessert! When we got up to leave, an elderly couple who were seated near us motioned us over to their table, and told us, "that they enjoyed watching us eat" - through all the courses and required manipulations by the waiters! Well, I'm not sure if we were proud or embarrassed by the show we must have put on - but it is a story my wife and I recollect at every anniversary dinner! I imagine you and your wife enjoying the same wonderful meal, and although we have never eaten at the restaurant again it has moved to the top of our list if we are ever back in Houston.

Well - I have bookmarked your Canada cruise and look forward to hearing about the ship and your travels, who knows - maybe a Princess Cruise will be next on our horizon. BTW, too bad you didn't get to Quebec City as part of that cruise, it is a wonderful city (the last port in our recent Canada cruise), and I know you would enjoy staying at the Le Chateau Frontenac and eating at Le Continental ... wonderful establishments where quality and service are paramount!

Happy Cruising!

Ken and Le'Ann.