Link to personal navigator / activities for toddler

chumniski

Hello!

We leave on Disney magic in 1 week with our 2.5 year old, and I was wondering if anyone has the links to any recent personal navigators from the ship so I can get an idea of what the activities are like??

I am struggling with knowing when to book my daughter into the nursery so my hubby and I can explore on our own or try activities we want to, while not having her miss pool time or toddler activities. Is it really important to book nursery time now or can I do it on yet ship? Thanks!

Christina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by chumniski

Hello!

We leave on Disney magic in 1 week with our 2.5 year old, and I was wondering if anyone has the links to any recent personal navigators from the ship so I can get an idea of what the activities are like??

I am struggling with knowing when to book my daughter into the nursery so my hubby and I can explore on our own or try activities we want to, while not having her miss pool time or toddler activities. Is it really important to book nursery time now or can I do it on yet ship? Thanks!

Christina

Book whatever nursery time you think you will need now and move it if needed.

The most recent openly available Nav is on Scotts blog (disneycruiselineblog.com) and this is a link from Dec 18

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2016/12/personal-navigators-5-night-bahamian-merrytime-cruise-miami-december-18-2016/

Obviously as a Merrytime cruise it will have different activities, but you might be able to find a cruise from around that time in 2016 that should/could be a basic replica of your cruise

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

ex techie

The nursery staff are very flexible about moving times around--most people don't really have a clue what they are going to need prior to boarding. Obviously if you have adult dining or a spa activity scheduled, you'll need those times in the nursery. Beyond that, you are only guessing in advance and the staff knows that.

The "Wake Up With Disney, Jr." is typically 8am. There is very little else scheduled that early. The other thing you'll care about are open house hours in the Oceaneer's Club.

I just got back from a 4 night Bahamas cruise on the Disney Magic, but I didn't keep the Navigators unfortunatelt because we relied heavily on the app. From what I recall, the only scheduled toddler-specific activity that they had was "toddler time". Basically, they sectioned off an area of the Promenade Lounge (I believe that's what it is called) and had a cast member there with toddler/baby toys that kids could use to play with parents or other kids. Other than that, the kid clubs have daily open house sessions, and there are character meet and greets everywhere at all times of the day (which are posted in the Navigator). I was hoping for some early morning activities because our LO is an early riser, but they didn't have any.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I cruised with my son when he was 1 and we're about to cruise again with my 1 year old & 2 year old.

We scheduled nursery for during our dinner (late seating). We would order room service and have him eat in the room while we got ready for dinner and then put him in the nursery during the evening hours so we could enjoy dinners together and then enjoy all the adult only activities. Aside from the adult only pool, all the adult only activities happen later on. Also, if you put them in somewhere between 5:30-6:30pm (don't remember exact time) the nursery WILL feed your child dinner. They also feed them snacks & milk throughout the day. You can also send them with food. Uncrustables through room service are the best!! I order them unopened & bring them ashore too. Also, we book the nursery so we can go to Palo brunch and enjoy some time at the adult only pool. The busiest times are dinner times, so I would book in the evening, the hardest hours to secure, and then adjust once aboard. They're really easy & flexible, however they're at the mercy of how full of "babies" the ship is. You could have a cruise where there's always availability or one with next to nothing. So definitely book all the hours you can ahead, you can always cancel or change. Plus, you won't be able to see & do everything, so don't stress if you miss something.

(hopefully you saw this in time)