AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

6 hours ago, helene109 said:

Do you know if we have to have different email addresses? Just trying to figure out how to have 2 accounts if I am listed on his account. Thanks 

As long as you've been added to his AARP membership as a secondary, you're allowed to create your own account too, which will automatically create a Rewards account along with it. The first time you go to the Rewards site, you'll have to verify your ID by having a 6-digit code texted to you. I'm guessing you'll have to use your own email since our email addresses act as our login usernames. You could try to register your own account with his email, but it'll probably tell you one already exists.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

As long as you've been added to his AARP membership as a secondary, you're allowed to create your own account too, which will automatically create a Rewards account along with it. The first time you go to the Rewards site, you'll have to verify your ID by having a 6-digit code texted to you. I'm guessing you'll have to use your own email since our email addresses act as our login usernames. You could try to register your own account with his email, but it'll probably tell you one already exists.

And you will need 2 different phone numbers to receive the code or it will say number already used

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Petersonfcu said:

The cards have been available for at least 12 hours, so the fb group did not buy them out in a matter of minutes as was the concern.

I'm guessing this is directed primarily at me since I've been quite vocal against the fb group. I'm not against the group itself, other than the fact that they close it to new members and hide it from the public. Not that I want to join, I don't even use fb. They gladly collect codes from outside sources, but don't allow new members to join and benefit from what they've collected. Mainly, I don't agree with sharing codes that are unique to this thread with 10,000 people who are just as eager as we are to buy these limited-supply cards. I have no interest in decreasing the chances of us getting the cards that we want by giving giant fb groups codes they wouldn't otherwise have. My interests lie within this thread, not with other groups. I hope they're thankful for having heavily benefited from the time and effort that has been put in by people of this thread. I never said that group would buy them out "in a matter of minutes." I've simply said a group of that size, even just a fraction of them, could put a serious hurt on the card supply each time they're restocked. Yes, thankfully they've been available for the better part of the day. Maybe it's because there aren't too many people who want them right now or maybe Allstate upped its supply this time. I don't know, but I'm glad they didn't sell out so fast because I was busy all day and wasn't able to check until this afternoon.

• Like 6

Can someone share with me how the charge appears on the credit card? Is it Allstate, a different online company? I can get 3% cash back if it is an "online purchase", but it won't give me the bonus if it is for "allstate" since insurance (een though I am not using it to buy insurance) isn't covered in the bonus category. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, bahacca said:

Can someone share with me how the charge appears on the credit card? Is it Allstate, a different online company? I can get 3% cash back if it is an "online purchase", but it won't give me the bonus if it is for "allstate" since insurance (een though I am not using it to buy insurance) isn't covered in the bonus category. Thanks!

On ours, it appears as "Allstate Rewards."

One thing I noticed in the last few weeks, ever since the cards started selling out, was talk about how it might be a sign of bad things to come with Allstate Rewards. Now that they're back, I hope this is reassuring to those who feared the cards wouldn't return at all or that it was a sign Allstate Rewards could be coming to an end. There's years of rewards program experience in this thread, with both Allstate and AARP. A lot of people here have already been through this many times over. They're going to sell out. Then, some time later, more will be back. Rinse and repeat. The waiting game is nothing new. What was new was that they remained in stock for so long. Also, you can't use the changes made over at AARP as a litmus to what will happen with Allstate. For whatever reason, AARP left Deluxe Rewards...Deluxe Rewards didn't leave AARP. They caused their own problems. I just want to offer some encouragement and quell some of the worries.

Since the $500 cards haven't sold out all day, I'm hoping that's a sign that Deluxe accounted for the increased demand and boosted their supply. Then again, judging from the past, even demand for certain denominations varies. Sometimes the $100 cards are more sought after and sell out faster, and other times people go after the larger denominations. The $1,000 cards are a fairly new option, so it's hard to say what demand is going to be like for those, but they do seem to be pretty popular.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bahacca said:

You dont say what card you have.  If you are using the Bank of America Cash Rewards card (as I do), and you set your bonus category to online purchases (also as I do), BofA does consider the Allstate gift card purchases to be an online purchase, and you will get the 3% bonus on each purchase up to the quarterly maximum.

Edited by Petersonfcu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Petersonfcu said:

You dont say what card you have.  If you are using the Bank of America Cash Rewards card (as I do), and you set your bonus category to online purchases (also as I do), BofA does consider the Allstate gift card purchases to be an online purchase, and you will get the 3% bonus on each purchase up to the quarterly maximum.

Yes! I can change my earnings reward back to online on the 1st. I had it set for travel for airline tickets this month. Thanks!

Glad I woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. Just saved $500 on our cruise !! So if there is a purchase limit on these it is not 10 cards.

Was sweating bullets there for about 15 min though. I used a brand new credit card and the purchase flagged for potential fraud.  They verifed everything imagineable with me, just short of a DNA test it seemed.

Now lets see if I can get as lucky and catch a FTTF on sale.

Happy cruising everyone

After catching up on this thread I decided to be proactive and try to get enough to pay off a May sailing with payment due in March.  Just purchased several $500 cards and they are still showing as available.  I guess we'll see when they arrive, but I've got time.  Thanks to all the contributors to this thread.

• Like 1