AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

3 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Per the Allstate website you don't need to have insurance through them to join drivewise. It is a great program but is very quirky with signing up and logging in can be troublesome occasionally. The main thing I heard people have trouble with is you have to create your rewards account through the app first. If you try and set it up not using the app such as a laptop it will not work. People with this problem had to call Allstate and have the rep delete the account entirely and then re do it through the mobile app. 

Web capture_20-10-2021_103856_www.allstate.com.jpeg

i called and spoke to 5 different people! The last 2 were specifically DriveWise tech support. IDK what else to try. Not worth my 5 hours or so that I invested to get it going. Thanks for the heads up though!

On 10/20/2021 at 2:12 PM, klfhngr said:

i called and spoke to 5 different people! The last 2 were specifically DriveWise tech support. IDK what else to try. Not worth my 5 hours or so that I invested to get it going. Thanks for the heads up though!

No problem. You are not the first person to have great difficulties with Allstate rewards and surely not the last! 

• Like 1

An update (sort of) on my experience using the new RCCL egift cards (certificates).   It has now been 2 1/2 weeks since I purchased $2000 worth of these.  I received an email from Allstate Rewards almost immediately that contained a link to which I could open an Excel spreadsheet showing my Gift Card Numbers, Pin, Denomination & Name.

But I was unable to use these in any manner!!  Tried applying them online (like is easily done with Carnival).  Spent hours on the phone with first an RCCL Vacation Planner and then with a very nice woman in the Gift Card Redemption Department, who tried various methods for applying my cards without any luck.   Their suggestion was to get back with the seller and have them give me instructions on how to use them.

So I called Allstate Rewards, and they took down all my info and said they would research and get back to me within 2-3 business days.  After several 2-3 day periods and several phone calls from me, still no resolution!!!   Then early this week out of the blue, I get an email from Allstate Rewards saying that the case had been resolved and they had determined my gift cards were valid!!!  WTH???

So, I go back to the original email from Allstate Rewards, and start plying around.  I soon discovered that if I clicked individually on each card rather than on the "download all" I could see something that actually looked more like the old certificates I had used before!!  My bad I guess, but why put a "download all" button if it send you to crap???

So I downloaded all my cards as PDF's and emailed those off to RCCL.   Still haven't been applied, but I did get an email yesterday saying that they are being processed.  So hopefully they will be applied soon.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

No problem. You are not the first person to have great difficulties with Allstate rewards and surely not the last! 

The fourth person I spoke to deleted all my accounts so that they could start from scratch. We went thru the whole drill and nothing. Was then sent to the DriveWise 'expert'. After a few minutes, she seemed frustrated and said, 'you can't do it because you're not an AllState customer'! I told her, 'then why didn't your other 4 reps state that? Do they not know?' She said that they stopped doing this for non-members a couple of years ago. Go figure, I don't think they even know! That's why I gave up!

• Like 1

So all is well!!!   Within 3 days of my submitting pdf's instead of a spreadsheet, the egift cards have been credited to my account.   Feel a bit foolish I didn't look closer at the link, but my gosh, why put a download all link if it is useless???   And why did no one know that????

1 hour ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

So all is well!!!   Within 3 days of my submitting pdf's instead of a spreadsheet, the egift cards have been credited to my account.   Feel a bit foolish I didn't look closer at the link, but my gosh, why put a download all link if it is useless???   And why did no one know that????

So, you were able to apply 2000 worth of the cards to your future Royal cruise.   Was your cruise booked directly through Royal or through a TA?

I have a B2B booked on the Oasis next year.  The first leg is paid off via a FCC and the second leg has a balance that I may use these cards for, but since I booked it through a TA, I'm still skiddish about using this method.

26 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

So, you were able to apply 2000 worth of the cards to your future Royal cruise.   Was your cruise booked directly through Royal or through a TA?

I have a B2B booked on the Oasis next year.  The first leg is paid off via a FCC and the second leg has a balance that I may use these cards for, but since I booked it through a TA, I'm still skiddish about using this method.

Yeah, I don't know how using a TA would work??   I booked directly though Royal.  I'm $200 ahead right now.   Mine is also a B2B and I've got a couple more of these $2000 payments to go!!!

On 10/11/2021 at 8:38 PM, mommysoncruiser said:

I just got off of a carnival ship yesterday and I had no problem adding my gift card to my sign and sail account using the kiosk. I also had no problem using them to purchase internet and excursions before the cruise. I have found them quite easy to use. Not sure why it's not consistent across the board for everyone but I hope you all get it worked out.

Out of curiosity, which ship were you on? I'm curious if kiosks on certain ships reliably allow gift card usage. It could be glitches from kiosk to kiosk, changed settings between kiosks on different ships, or any number of things.

On 10/20/2021 at 11:02 AM, klfhngr said:

I created an account, downloaded the app, but drivewise doesn't show up. I called AllState, spoke to 5 different reps in 2 days to troubleshoot the problem. The last rep confirmed that you now have to be an AllState customer to get drivewise and that I cannot get it. Not sure how true this is, but I was never able to view/get the drivewise app. I gave up.

Did you create your account from the website (as in, on a computer) or from the Allstate mobile app? For non-customers, the account has to be created from the mobile app first.

As far as I know, non-customers are still allowed to be Rewards members. The rep. that told you they haven't been allowed for the last few years is definitely wrong. The problem is, I'm pretty sure their regular customer service is separate from their Rewards customer service, and one side doesn't know much about the other.

If you're interested in trying again, you'll likely have to call and have them delete your existing account first, but that should be the only call you have to make. From that point, don't let them do anything else. Install the Allstate mobile app on your phone and go from there.

Here are the instructions to create an account from the mobile app, but be warned, I haven't gone through the process for quite some time. I don't use the app, so I deleted it. So this may not be exact, but should be close. After installing, accept their terms of service. Click on Create an Account under the orange Log In button. On the next screen, non-customers need to choose Drivewise Only (No Allstate policy). <---- That part is key. If asked, you have to turn on location tracking through your phone's GPS. The app won't function without it, which is a big reason why I don't use it. You'll probably have to agree to another terms of service. Then fill out your information (name, address, etc.). From there, I can't remember where it takes you, but it should be self-explanatory from that point.

Once the account is created, you technically don't have to use the app anymore. You can enter codes and buy gift cards from the Rewards website. Use this URL as a non-customer: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

Hope that helps if you'd like to try again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Out of curiosity, which ship were you on? I'm curious if kiosks on certain ships reliably allow gift card usage. It could be glitches from kiosk to kiosk, changed settings between kiosks on different ships, or any number of things.

I was on the Magic and then on the horizon. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bobandsherry said:

I purchased Carnival EGift card 2 days ago.  Order shows as being placed and charge to my credit card, but haven't received the EGift card yet and order doesn't show any other info. Curious how long it's taken for others to receive their Carnival EGift cards. 

I placed an order on Monday. Got the eGC within a few minutes. Check your spam folder. It comes from vcdelivery.com.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 7:36 AM, klfhngr said:

The fourth person I spoke to deleted all my accounts so that they could start from scratch. We went thru the whole drill and nothing. Was then sent to the DriveWise 'expert'. After a few minutes, she seemed frustrated and said, 'you can't do it because you're not an AllState customer'! I told her, 'then why didn't your other 4 reps state that? Do they not know?' She said that they stopped doing this for non-members a couple of years ago. Go figure, I don't think they even know! That's why I gave up!

I purchase the e-cards through AARP. Apparently age doesn’t matter 😂 I had to join for like $12 for but it’s good for a few few years, and then I just purchase the cards as a normal website purchase - no points etc needed.

They had $100-500 denominations and have been emailed the cards in under 5 minutes. But you are limited to 5 cards per month. I haven’t read your whole thread so maybe you have tried AARP before?

Also I think you and family are on the Panorama Tomorrow too?

Edited by gotscrapz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gotscrapz said:

I purchase the e-cards through AARP. Apparently age doesn’t matter 😂 I had to join for like $12 for but it’s good for a few few years, and then I just purchase the cards as a normal website purchase - no points etc needed.

They had $100-500 denominations and have been emailed the cards in under 5 minutes. But you are limited to 5 cards per month. I haven’t read your whole thread so maybe you have tried AARP before?

Also I think you and family are on the Panorama Tomorrow too?

I did the same thing. So worth it! I now have both Allstate and AARP. Love it! AARP rocks because they do not require points. Allstate is good to have as a backup in case you need more than 5 cards in a month.

Edited by mommysoncruiser

5 hours ago, mommysoncruiser said:

I did the same thing. So worth it! I now have both Allstate and AARP. Love it! AARP rocks because they do not require points. Allstate is good to have as a backup in case you need more than 5 cards in a month.

Allstate is good because it's free and points are easy to accumulate, not a hassle at all.   Even after redeeming points for thousands of dollars worth of gift cards, I still have over 600,000 points.   AARP is good if you need last minute e cards and Allstate is out, but if you just have an inventory on hand, then there is nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 3:46 PM, Organized Chaos said:

I was on Vista in Sept & Dream on now. I was able to add gc at kiosk on both. Before the shut down I was able to add them on Breeze too

On 10/28/2021 at 2:10 PM, Organized Chaos said:

Did you create your account from the website (as in, on a computer) or from the Allstate mobile app? For non-customers, the account has to be created from the mobile app first.

As far as I know, non-customers are still allowed to be Rewards members. The rep. that told you they haven't been allowed for the last few years is definitely wrong. The problem is, I'm pretty sure their regular customer service is separate from their Rewards customer service, and one side doesn't know much about the other.

If you're interested in trying again, you'll likely have to call and have them delete your existing account first, but that should be the only call you have to make. From that point, don't let them do anything else. Install the Allstate mobile app on your phone and go from there.

Here are the instructions to create an account from the mobile app, but be warned, I haven't gone through the process for quite some time. I don't use the app, so I deleted it. So this may not be exact, but should be close. After installing, accept their terms of service. Click on Create an Account under the orange Log In button. On the next screen, non-customers need to choose Drivewise Only (No Allstate policy). <---- That part is key. If asked, you have to turn on location tracking through your phone's GPS. The app won't function without it, which is a big reason why I don't use it. You'll probably have to agree to another terms of service. Then fill out your information (name, address, etc.). From there, I can't remember where it takes you, but it should be self-explanatory from that point.

Once the account is created, you technically don't have to use the app anymore. You can enter codes and buy gift cards from the Rewards website. Use this URL as a non-customer: https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145

Hope that helps if you'd like to try again.

hello, thanks for your help. I created on app first. Allstate agents have already deleted my accounts and started over. nothing works. I'm good and back from my cruise, lol. thanks for the offer!

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 9:23 AM, mommysoncruiser said:

It makes sense to have both AARP and Allstate accounts.  But you can get around the 5 card monthly AARP limit on GC purchases.  My wife and I have a joint AARP membership, and as part of that we established separate AARP Rewards accounts.  That increased our monthly purchase limit to 10 gift cards.  And if you have relatives who are AARP members, they might let you use their AARP Rewards privileges.  We did that with my wife's sister and her husband.  And that increased our monthly purchase limit to 20 cards.  Wow, you might ask, who would ever buy that many cards in a month.  We have! And in multiple months.  Because there are other GC deals on AARP,  not just cruise line deals....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oldjetdriver said:

Has anyone had a gift card come up with a 0 (zero) balance.  Just had a recently purchased card declined. Checked balance and it showed zero.

I did for my last cruise pre-pandemic. I contacted Allstate, they opened an investigation, it took a few days, but they got it resolved. 

On 10/22/2021 at 8:37 PM, ULCajunCruiser said:

Yeah, I don't know how using a TA would work??   I booked directly though Royal.  I'm $200 ahead right now.   Mine is also a B2B and I've got a couple more of these $2000 payments to go!!!

Wow.  I was always under the impression the RCL cards could not be used like gift cards and could only be used when first booking the cruise.  So you can book/put a deposit down and pay with these?  I've always done it like that with the Carnival cards but those are true gift cards and a "certificate".