What to do on jewel

SupesUp1

Wife and I are taking our second cruise. Our first was an amazing trip around the Mediterranean on the epic.

This time we are doing a much different cruise. We are 5 nights on the jewel from LA to Vancouver.

The ship is much smaller and we have more time on the boat. On our last cruise I felt like there wasn't enough time to enjoy everything there was to offer but this time it seems like more time at sea with less activities. Aside from band on the run and pure variety is there much to do for a couple in our 30s?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wife and I are taking our second cruise. Our first was an amazing trip around the Mediterranean on the epic.

This time we are doing a much different cruise. We are 5 nights on the jewel from LA to Vancouver.

The ship is much smaller and we have more time on the boat. On our last cruise I felt like there wasn't enough time to enjoy everything there was to offer but this time it seems like more time at sea with less activities. Aside from band on the run and pure variety is there much to do for a couple in our 30s?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is a variety of music around the ship, check the daily planner. But generally, there is music by the pool on sea days, live music in the Spinnaker lounge and also solo artists in the main lobby and around "Bar Central.'

Just about every night, the Spinnaker lounge will host some kind of "game show" type event, like a Newlywed Game. Fun to watch, some are fun to participate in. Also, on sea days, there are often other events, like group Pictionary.

There is NOT anything like rock climbing or miniature golf like bigger ships have. But if you are athletic, there are lots of opportunities for basketball, soccer and the like. Also, we always like to get in some shuffleboard.

There will be a different show in the main theater every night. Band on the Run is fun, as is La Cirque Bijou (if they are still doing that). We always try to catch pretty much everything we can.

Try as many different dining venues as you can. Chin Chin is included (no additional fee) and I recommend them for lunch. O'Sheehan's is great for late night snack. And if you enjoy adult beverages, you won't lack for places to try.

It's more "laid back" than the big ships, but they keep their daily schedule full. Lots to do at no extra charge. We really enjoyed our time on the Jewel this last December, and we had a group of 12 ranging from age 11 to age 70. No one was bored...in fact, we often had to choose between two things.

I also recommend the thermal suite pass if that kind of thing appeals to you. I bought one for my Mexican Riviera cruise on Jewel leaving Los Angeles on Easter Sunday. Even if you don't get the spa pass, the gym is very good on Jewel-class ships, and there are TRX and Fight Klub classes that you can pay for.

Also, on the opposite end of the spectrum: sit down breakfast in the MDR; sit down lunch in the MDR; cocktail tastings; Bingo...

We sailed on the jewel in 2015 and 2016. Always a lot of live music all over the ship at night. We enjoyed moving from venue to venue, sitting and having a drink, and enjoy the music. Their production shows like band on the run and elements are good show.